Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274501 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1700 on: February 10, 2019, 11:57:19 am »

Also space and WCD need to vote.

Agreed. Amongst other things, I'd like to know the answer to this question, which you seem to have ignored in spite of addressing the very next question in the thread:

Could you remind me where all this high-town-likelihood on Awaclus comes from?

I agree with you that UoS and WCD seem to be top contenders for today's lynch, but I don't understand why Awaclus is off the table from your PoV.

I think Awaclus has had a very townie game. Basically my read on them is gut when it comes down to it. Why is Awaclus on the table from your POV?

I know this question is directed at Space, but I’ll give my answer as well. Awaclus tried to stop the LaLight lynch while still claiming she thought LaLight was scum. That seemed hedgy and scummy to me. Later, Awaclus quick-hammered mail-mi before everyone had a chance to question her or weigh-in on what we should do in light of her full claim. Awaclus also spent much of day two trying to push a lynch on me for frankly nonsensical reasons. All of these constitute my case on Awaclus.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 10, 2019, 11:59:51 am »

I think Awaclus has had a very townie game. Basically my read on them is gut when it comes down to it. Why is Awaclus on the table from your POV?

I see Awaclus and UoS as being roughly on a par in terms of unknowability right now, so it's interesting that one is your top scumread and the other is your top townread (other than Ash).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 10, 2019, 12:22:21 pm »

I see Awaclus and UoS as being roughly on a par in terms of unknowability right now, so it's interesting that one is your top scumread and the other is your top townread (other than Ash).

Well, I would want Awaclus to claim to get closer to the same level of unknowability.  And Awaclus has been townie and UoS has not
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 10, 2019, 12:32:37 pm »

Anyone else think e’s arbitrary and demanding attempt to shrink the lynchpool feels pretty scummy?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 10, 2019, 12:57:59 pm »

Anyone else think e’s arbitrary and demanding attempt to shrink the lynchpool feels pretty scummy?

Would you rather me open it back up for today to include you?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 10, 2019, 12:58:30 pm »

Also, as pseudo-IC I am allowed to do that

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 10, 2019, 01:07:49 pm »

I am doing my level best to convince everyone that you have not earned that title.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 10, 2019, 01:09:49 pm »

I am doing my level best to convince everyone that you have not earned that title.

I didn't earn it- you have it to me

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 10, 2019, 01:10:04 pm »

*gave

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 10, 2019, 01:17:06 pm »

So let’s turn this around. Will someone not named e please tell me what e has actually done to earn anything approaching IC status?

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1710 on: February 10, 2019, 01:39:59 pm »

Remember when I said I was a pseudo- IC and ash and e both said that was scummy?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 10, 2019, 01:47:33 pm »

Remember when I said I was a pseudo- IC and ash and e both said that was scummy?

I don't actually

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: February 10, 2019, 01:49:24 pm »

Joth, I think I’d lynch you before 2.7 today.

WCD: where did you get motion detector from?  That’s the huge inconsistency problem I have.

Inconsistency, in this case, is actually ignorance.

I googled mafia and limited watcher. It gave me this: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Motion_Detector

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: February 10, 2019, 02:02:38 pm »

In a me or UoS choice, I prefer UoS! 

vote: UoS

And as e has pointed out, I have answered every single question I have been given...even when the answers are embarrassingly ignorant. I am not hiding anything about my role ability, even though it has led to way too much explanation about my thought processes, and others can verify who I have been talking to and what we have been talking about.

If I was scum, why bother sharing information about Space's thought processes about LL that helped move suspicion off her for being off wagon? Or share the DatSwan JKing info? All of the moves that I am making are pro-town. The places where I have screwed up have been in vocabulary and explanation. One former due to a level of misunderstanding and the latter due to communication solely through a written medium.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1714 on: February 10, 2019, 02:03:14 pm »

I don't actually

vote: ashersky

We’ve been excusing a lot of blatantly anti-town behavior because of a cop claim (which could be faked in multiple ways) and setup WIFOM.  But none of that excuses pushing for a quick lynch when we still have three days until the deadline. If ash had another shot she would have fired it by now. She’s contributed minimally in terms of scumhunting or starting wagons, instead coming in on already established ones or voting for me for nonsensical reasons.

Well at this point I’m more of an IC than ash is. I started the LL lynch and you can’t argue a scum would do that.

I’m a lot less certain about Space after these claims, but I’m a lot more certain about ash after her attempts to prevent them.

This comes across very scummy.

Bolding mine.

He/ Him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: February 10, 2019, 05:08:30 pm »

WCD: where did you get motion detector from?  That’s the huge inconsistency problem I have.

I googled mafia and limited watcher. It gave me this: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Motion_Detector

I googled the same thing just now and that result did not come up on the first page of results.

vote: wcd

I don’t honestly know what the scum narrative is for all of this, other than a hole dug so deep the only way out is the rest of the way through the earth. But there is only so much room for newbie mistakes in a story.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: February 10, 2019, 05:13:57 pm »

I googled the same thing just now and that result did not come up on the first page of results.

Pretty sure Google results are tailored to the individual (at least on some level)?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: February 10, 2019, 05:16:27 pm »

I also love the vote for additional emphasis seeing as how you were already voting WCD

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1718 on: February 10, 2019, 05:18:06 pm »

I don't actually

vote: ashersky

We’ve been excusing a lot of blatantly anti-town behavior because of a cop claim (which could be faked in multiple ways) and setup WIFOM.  But none of that excuses pushing for a quick lynch when we still have three days until the deadline. If ash had another shot she would have fired it by now. She’s contributed minimally in terms of scumhunting or starting wagons, instead coming in on already established ones or voting for me for nonsensical reasons.

Well at this point I’m more of an IC than ash is. I started the LL lynch and you can’t argue a scum would do that.

I’m a lot less certain about Space after these claims, but I’m a lot more certain about ash after her attempts to prevent them.

This comes across very scummy.

Bolding mine.

I was more thinking the first paragraph throwing extra shade on ashersky. I think? That was a week ago, basically an eternity

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: February 10, 2019, 05:19:15 pm »

SA's hesitancy to vote is scummy in my opinion.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1720 on: February 10, 2019, 05:20:41 pm »

Awaclus tried to stop the LaLight lynch while still claiming she thought LaLight was scum.

I have addressed this already. I never claimed that I thought LaLight was scum and I never tried to stop the lynch. Why do you continue to say that even though it's not true?

Later, Awaclus quick-hammered mail-mi before everyone had a chance to question her or weigh-in on what we should do in light of her full claim.

Yes. Giving people of non-town alignments a chance to chime in instead of guaranteeing that the decision is made only by town is not towny.

Awaclus also spent much of day two trying to push a lynch on me for frankly nonsensical reasons. All of these constitute my case on Awaclus.

You have also spent much of the game trying to push a lynch on me for frankly nonsensical reasons.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1721 on: February 10, 2019, 05:21:51 pm »

So far, ppl are saying WCD is scummy because of these inconsistencies, but no one can say what pro-scum agenda has been accomplished by those inconsistencies. This isn’t someone changing their story in a convenient way, it’s just someone changing their story. That’s why I believe WCD.

Screwing up a fakeclaim doesn't accomplish any pro-scum agenda. It still means you're scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1722 on: February 10, 2019, 05:30:41 pm »

Also is UoS at L-2? Someone should probably unvote to make sure scum doesn't quickhammer him today and ashersky tomorrow.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1723 on: February 10, 2019, 05:33:30 pm »

Actually I guess that's pretty unlikely to happen anyway.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: February 10, 2019, 05:36:52 pm »

So far, ppl are saying WCD is scummy because of these inconsistencies, but no one can say what pro-scum agenda has been accomplished by those inconsistencies. This isn’t someone changing their story in a convenient way, it’s just someone changing their story. That’s why I believe WCD.

Screwing up a fakeclaim doesn't accomplish any pro-scum agenda. It still means you're scum.

WCD’s power works as described. This is not in dispute.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.379 seconds with 20 queries.