Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274733 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1675 on: February 10, 2019, 09:25:24 am »

Ashersky flipping town wouldn’t IC e, but it would eliminate the possibility of an e/ash team which is the big danger here.

Regardless, I’m arguing for an e lynch. And if we really believe that a town result from a confirmed cop is meaningless, then why have we been treating ash like an IC all game? Why didn’t we re-lynch him on day 2? A cop result might have a tiny chance of being wrong but that’s not the same as saying it’s meanongless. We’ve been treating this cop result as gospel all day without a shred of proof that the person claiming it is town, and now you and Glooble are saying that if we get that proof it will somehow become less valuable? Huh?

If we lynch ash, we get to see her role. So if she’s scum, but her role says “godfather” we can still trust e. If she’s scum and her role doesn’t say godfather, we lynch e immediately. If she’s town we still have the possibility that e is scum, but we don’t have the possibility of scum with a daykill.

I really think if we’re goinn to lynch one of either e or ash, it should be ash.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: February 10, 2019, 09:48:31 am »

Glooble is right; if you want to lynch from the pair, you get more out of lynching me, I think.

Lynch 2.7 and flips scum, learn zilch about ash. Flips town cop, still suspect me as godfather because tunneling is your thing.

Lynch ash and flips town, learn zilch about 2.7.  (That’s what will happen.). Flips scum not gf, caught 2.7. Flips scum gf, learn zilch about 2.7.

So, you get 50% zilch from my lynch, 66% zilch from 2.7, from an outside perspective.  From my perspective, lynching me gets you nothing because my town flip doesn’t do anything but prove your nonsense theory wrong. Lynching 2.7 also gets you nothing because you will gunnel me regardless.

Meanwhile, literally every other player in the game seems like a better lynch than either of us, based on “post-lynch info” possibilities.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 10, 2019, 09:50:58 am »

I do promise you this: get two votes on me (other than two twins) and I will hammer.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1678 on: February 10, 2019, 10:01:33 am »

I do promise you this: get two votes on me (other than two twins) and I will hammer.

Are you still double hated?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1679 on: February 10, 2019, 10:06:40 am »

If ash is still double hated then we either have to hit scum today or we have to lynch ash today (or both).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: February 10, 2019, 10:12:11 am »

If ash is still double hated then we either have to hit scum today or we have to lynch ash today (or both).

I say we lynch scum, not ashersky.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 10, 2019, 10:13:19 am »

Also space and WCD need to vote.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1682 on: February 10, 2019, 10:21:27 am »

I say we lynch scum, not ashersky.

Good idea. Then you should join the WCD wagon to make that more likely to happen.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 10, 2019, 10:36:16 am »

vote: ashersky

You’ve convinced me.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 10, 2019, 10:38:06 am »

Also, reread this day and tell me again I’m tunneling. I’ve been vascillating back and forth between e and UoS. I’m not at all sure who scum is. You can accuse me of many things, but tunneling? Nah.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 10, 2019, 10:51:59 am »

Also, reread this day and tell me again I’m tunneling. I’ve been vascillating back and forth between e and UoS. I’m not at all sure who scum is. You can accuse me of many things, but tunneling? Nah.

I won't call it tunneling then, I will call it misguided.

There are a million reasons to lynch either WCD or UoS today.  Everyone else is just kind of on the outside and we can figure it out tomorrow.  Voting outside of {WCD, UoS} is just plain scummy in my opinion.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 10, 2019, 10:52:40 am »

I totally understand why people believe WCD to be scum.  I will join the wagon if I need to to get a lynch because we need a lynch.  I just think it is a mistake.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 10, 2019, 11:01:10 am »

joth, are you going to be totally v/la or will you be able to come back and potentially switch to a wagon near deadline for a lynch?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 10, 2019, 11:25:21 am »

Agreed. Amongst other things, I'd like to know the answer to this question, which you seem to have ignored in spite of addressing the very next question in the thread:

Could you remind me where all this high-town-likelihood on Awaclus comes from?

I agree with you that UoS and WCD seem to be top contenders for today's lynch, but I don't understand why Awaclus is off the table from your PoV.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: February 10, 2019, 11:26:27 am »

WCD: where did you get motion detector from?  That’s the huge inconsistency problem I have.

I have my suspicions, but I'd like to see WCD address this herself.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 10, 2019, 11:28:51 am »

joth, are you going to be totally v/la or will you be able to come back and potentially switch to a wagon near deadline for a lynch?

I can pop in.

I’ll vote for Snow to keep the lynch from being WCD.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 10, 2019, 11:30:55 am »

So far, ppl are saying WCD is scummy because of these inconsistencies, but no one can say what pro-scum agenda has been accomplished by those inconsistencies. This isn’t someone changing their story in a convenient way, it’s just someone changing their story. That’s why I believe WCD.

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 10, 2019, 11:32:50 am »

Ashersky or someone else with more experience could probably say better, but botching claims in RMMs seem to be more a town trait than scum. This is different than what we saw from mail-mi with their intentionally false claim. WCD rather just described his action using wrong mafia terminology, but they still claimed what they actually did consistently. Which I think is more townie coming from WCD.

I find it ironic that in a game in which many players are making a conscious effort to use "default-she/her" for flavour reasons, you have managed to use "his" by default (I assume!?) for the only player in this entire game who uses "she/her" pronouns in normal games :-P

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 10, 2019, 11:33:22 am »

I won't call it tunneling then, I will call it misguided.

There are a million reasons to lynch either WCD or UoS today.  Everyone else is just kind of on the outside and we can figure it out tomorrow.  Voting outside of {WCD, UoS} is just plain scummy in my opinion.

Why? The cases on both of them are garbage cases. When did they become the only lynch options?

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1694 on: February 10, 2019, 11:41:13 am »

Agreed. Amongst other things, I'd like to know the answer to this question, which you seem to have ignored in spite of addressing the very next question in the thread:

I agree with you that UoS and WCD seem to be top contenders for today's lynch, but I don't understand why Awaclus is off the table from your PoV.

I’m totally happy to lynch Awaclus.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: February 10, 2019, 11:43:05 am »

I have one more question for e.

Why were you so insistent on getting UoS’s claim? You really clammored for it and then didn’t even respond to it when it came.

E, please answer this question.

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 10, 2019, 11:46:41 am »

I have one more question for e.

Why were you so insistent on getting UoS’s claim? You really clammored for it and then didn’t even respond to it when it came.

E, please answer this question.

Because I wanted to make an informed decision about lynching rather than just lynch based on PoE

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:38 am »

So far, ppl are saying WCD is scummy because of these inconsistencies, but no one can say what pro-scum agenda has been accomplished by those inconsistencies. This isn’t someone changing their story in a convenient way, it’s just someone changing their story. That’s why I believe WCD.

It's absolutely consistent with a scum-slip, because it's possible she quoted from her QT with Swan back in the scum QT, and was then penalised for it.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 10, 2019, 11:48:46 am »

I think Awaclus has had a very townie game. Basically my read on them is gut when it comes down to it. Why is Awaclus on the table from your POV?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 10, 2019, 11:53:29 am »

Ashersky or someone else with more experience could probably say better, but botching claims in RMMs seem to be more a town trait than scum. This is different than what we saw from mail-mi with their intentionally false claim. WCD rather just described his action using wrong mafia terminology, but they still claimed what they actually did consistently. Which I think is more townie coming from WCD.

I find it ironic that in a game in which many players are making a conscious effort to use "default-she/her" for flavour reasons, you have managed to use "his" by default (I assume!?) for the only player in this entire game who uses "she/her" pronouns in normal games :-P

Oops,sorry about that one. I have been trying to make sure I use the right pronoun I just messed up that time, especially bad since WCD is actually a "she"
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 93  All

Page created in 1.919 seconds with 20 queries.