Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274541 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1650 on: February 09, 2019, 05:10:38 pm »

It's not difficult to "sound towny". I don't think we should ignore blatant contradictions in claims, being on-wagon for what was probably a town lynch, and being off-wagon for what was a scum lynch just because someone "sounds towny".

Ashersky or someone else with more experience could probably say better

As it turns out, ashersky agrees with me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:20 pm »

It's not difficult to "sound towny". I don't think we should ignore blatant contradictions in claims, being on-wagon for what was probably a town lynch, and being off-wagon for what was a scum lynch just because someone "sounds towny".

And you know what, you guys could be right.  But I don't think so.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 09, 2019, 05:41:47 pm »

Right now we just need more discussion though.  European time takes some getting used to.  Hopefully I wake up to some good discussion.  But it is the weekend.

Joth, I do hope you place a vote before your V/LA starts
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 09, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »

I did place a vote.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 09, 2019, 06:49:14 pm »

I would encourage others to vote e as well. I think it’s the lynch that beat positions us going into the next day.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 09, 2019, 06:57:27 pm »

I would encourage others to vote e as well. I think it’s the lynch that beat positions us going into the next day.

I don’t see this getting much traction. At this point 2.7 is probably the most likely rethink at lylo candidate.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 09, 2019, 06:57:59 pm »

I do, here.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 09, 2019, 06:59:18 pm »

SA pointed it out too. Motion detector then watcher then tracker...that’s not a town botched confusion mistake. I mean, the right words are in the role assignment from the mod to begin with.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1658 on: February 09, 2019, 07:01:58 pm »

SA pointed it out too. Motion detector then watcher then tracker...that’s not a town botched confusion mistake. I mean, the right words are in the role assignment from the mod to begin with.

It's also easy to claim that the mod made a mistake in your role PM and that's why your claim was inconsistent. There's no way to verify that. The only part that we do know for sure is that the claim was inconsistent.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1659 on: February 09, 2019, 07:04:52 pm »

I think it’s the lynch that beat positions us going into the next day.

The lynch that... what?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1660 on: February 09, 2019, 07:07:30 pm »

I could lynch e I guess, but WCD is obviously way more suspicious. Hitting scum today would be pretty nice.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 09, 2019, 08:56:46 pm »

Ugh. I thought a motion detector and a watcher were the same thing. That was a newb mistake. And it would indeed be helpful if the right words were in the role assignment but they weren't. This morning I was told that there was an error in my role description and that it had been fixed. Now instead of limited watcher it is limited tracker. The role, he said, works the same.  So the descriptions of what I can do have been consistent.  I just didn't know that was called tracking. The word "track" is not in the description of the ability. It just talks about targets and targeting targets, etc.  I don't know what I can do to prove that this was not just my error but was compounded by an error by the mod. When you read my QT with faust, how about you owe me a beer?

E, he said I could quote it....so my the role description is Radch-aligned Day and Night (Limited Tracking) Neighborizer.  Up until earlier today, the parenthetical part of the description was (Limited Watching). I think this was probably a NBD mod error for most people. It just happened to be that the person who got the role in this case doesn't know the difference between watching and tracking so described it incorrectly in the game.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 09, 2019, 10:02:02 pm »

Space,

So you told me you were a motion detector, even though your role said you were a monitor of some sort. And now you're saying that actually, it said all along that you're a watcher, except that faust really meant to say you're a tracker. Does that cover it?

Yes. I explained this in the response to Ashersky. The word "track" was in not part of my descriptor or the explanation of how my role works until this morning. I didn't know that is what I was. If DatSwan and I had longer to talk, I think he would have set me straight. He asked me to tell him the exact text in our QT so he could understand. But then I quoted and then it got locked and then he died.

Can you also confirm that you agree that you really did say that you'd quoted from your QT with Swan initially, but that you then updated yourself to say that you were quoting something in that QT? This one still worries me, because while the motion detector issue is a question of mafia rules/familiarity, this other one is a question of use of English, which I understand you're something of an expert at!

I 100% agree that my post was not clear. Here is what I said
Hi! I did not have chat N3. I quoted something from my QT with DatSwan and the repercussions were not chat ability for N3.
When I said "from my QT with DatSwan" what I was trying to say is that I quoted something from my QT (when I was talking) with DatSwan. I am obviously not trying to hide what happened and it is more clear when a couple of posts after that one when I say
I don't really know why faust decided to resolve it that way. One guess is that because I shared QT info in another QT, none of which was in the game thread, it does make some sense to have it be a QT penalty.

If the quoted material in question was not in the QT with DatSwan, I don't see how it makes sense. Where would the quote I was penalized for be posted, if not the QT? If it had been in the game, you'd have seen it and the penalty would have been public.  I now have 4 QTs that I flip between, so it is a bit confusing. But, its my fault for being unclear.  It's not inconsistent, just not well explained. If it was some sort of slip, I really wouldn't be offering so much information in an attempt to clear it up. Obviously, a better way to say it would have been "I quoted something from my QT with faust when I was posting in the QT with DatSwan." You're right...I know a whole bunch about language and words are kind of my jam. I'd expect better from the professional version of me. This was just a lazy typing error, probably because I was on my phone. There is another error at the end of the sentence..I say "not chat" when that should have been "no chat".

I do agree with e that you sound really townie -- I've been saying that all along -- but I also know you're smart, and I don't want to underestimate you. So if we as a town are going to overlook these scumslip-magnitude u-turns, then I want to document it here for future reference!
Thank you for the grace. I apologize for the wasted time and effort. It wasn't my intention to obfuscate or be unclear. I have been trying to play transparently and I hate it that a perfect storm of inexperience errors, a mod error, and a mod penalty are giving the folks I consider my team reason to doubt me.

TL;DR- Didds was unclear and erroneous, and prone to typos, but is still town
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 09, 2019, 10:03:04 pm »

Look there’s 8 of us and we’re assuming 2 scum. So a mislynch and a nightkill leaves us at 4 town, 2 scum, which is probably MYLO. So how many days do we want to let e and ash be a big old question mark?

If we lynch WCD, Space, UoS, Awaclus, Glooble, or myself today we will continue to be faced with the e/ash ambiguity. At this point, I am confident investigative roles won’t save us. Additionally, scum won’t do us any favors— if e and ash are town they will certainly leave them alive to keep up the WIFOM. We need to lynch e today.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 09, 2019, 10:58:40 pm »

Joth, I think I’d lynch you before 2.7 today.

WCD: where did you get motion detector from?  That’s the huge inconsistency problem I have.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: February 10, 2019, 01:42:02 am »

Vote Count 4.3

UmbrageOfSnow (2): 2.71828....., Glooble
jotheonah (1): UmbrageOfSnow
WestCoastDidds (2): Awaclus, ashersky
2.71828..... (1): jotheonah

Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 13, 2019, 12:00:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 10, 2019, 02:44:33 am »

I did place a vote.

Would you look at that, I missed your vote somehow looking back.

Now could you place a useful vote before you leave? I am a firm believer in voting either WCD or UoS today, I just don't think there are better wagons for today

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 10, 2019, 04:01:27 am »

Town having full doc AND full JK (effectively 2 docs) seems pretty powerful.

I'm not exactly a full doc, but the details are none of anyones business, you lynch me or scum NKs me and you can figure it out from my flip probably. I absolutely will not claim the details of that part of the role.

Actually, the details are our business since we are trying to figure out if you are town.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 10, 2019, 04:03:39 am »

who we would rather lynch:

WCD who is literally answering every single question asked of them and hiding nothing at all or actively duplicitous UoS who is hiding portions of their role when it could help us identify them as town?

The more WCD posts the more I believe them, the more UoS posts the less I believe them.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 10, 2019, 04:04:51 am »

Also, you say you aren't a full doc, and yet you also claim to have protected me N1 and Ash N2/N3.  How is that not a full doc?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1670 on: February 10, 2019, 07:25:06 am »

Look there’s 8 of us and we’re assuming 2 scum. So a mislynch and a nightkill leaves us at 4 town, 2 scum, which is probably MYLO. So how many days do we want to let e and ash be a big old question mark?

If we lynch WCD, Space, UoS, Awaclus, Glooble, or myself today we will continue to be faced with the e/ash ambiguity. At this point, I am confident investigative roles won’t save us. Additionally, scum won’t do us any favors— if e and ash are town they will certainly leave them alive to keep up the WIFOM. We need to lynch e today.

I don’t get how e flipping town makes ash an IC? There’s still The Godfather possibility. I think if we wanted to lynch one of ash or e based on your logic ash is the better lynch - your analysis doesn’t account for the possibility of leaving scum with a day shot in MYLO. But given the evidence before us I think UoS is a better lynch today than either of them.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 10, 2019, 07:46:24 am »

When I flip town, it does nothing to prove 2.7 is town, since lying scum can generally fake a cop result very easily.

The truth is, lynching either of us does nothing to clear to other, so joth’s rationalization is false and scummy.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: February 10, 2019, 09:03:27 am »

I have one more question for e.

Why were you so insistent on getting UoS’s claim? You really clammored for it and then didn’t even respond to it when it came.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: February 10, 2019, 09:04:22 am »

When I flip town, it does nothing to prove 2.7 is town, since lying scum can generally fake a cop result very easily.

The truth is, lynching either of us does nothing to clear to other, so joth’s rationalization is false and scummy.

This is false. So obviously false that it makes you look scummy.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: February 10, 2019, 09:08:42 am »

Ashersky flipping town wouldn’t IC e, but it would eliminate the possibility of an e/ash team which is the big danger here.

Regardless, I’m arguing for an e lynch. And if we really believe that a town result from a confirmed cop is meaningless, then why have we been treating ash like an IC all game? Why didn’t we re-lynch him on day 2? A cop result might have a tiny chance of being wrong but that’s not the same as saying it’s meanongless. We’ve been treating this cop result as gospel all day without a shred of proof that the person claiming it is town, and now you and Glooble are saying that if we get that proof it will somehow become less valuable? Huh?

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.148 seconds with 20 queries.