Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274353 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1625 on: February 09, 2019, 05:27:57 am »

@e, how do you explain the fact that Ash strongly implied that he knew he was double-hated? Does that work with your understanding of your own role's mechanic and how the end of D1 played out?

Awaclus laid it out pretty well.

I don't see why this doesn't work.

1) e targets ash with cop governor
2) ash is double hated
3) ash gets 5 votes and is lynched due to being double hated
4) e's governor saves ash
5) ash doesn't die

To expand and explain how the governor worked a little more:

1) I selected Ashersky in my qt during the day to receive governor protection.  There was no element of twilight involved.
2) I had absolutely nothing to do with Ashersky being double hated
3) Lynch happened
4) My governor saves Ashersky
5) Ashersky doesn't die
6) I am given the cop result in my qt at the start of N1.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: February 09, 2019, 05:47:38 am »

I think I will keep my vote on UoS.  I am getting a bit conflicted because I am starting to run into too many town reads and not enough scum reads.

Ashersky and myself are town based on my PM and my investigation.

Awaclus, WCD, Space, Glooble, and jotheonah all feel pretty town to me.  If I had to rank them probably (town to scum):
Awaclus
Glooble
Jotheonah
WCD
Space

And then UoS is the only one left.  I just don't know that I trust the straight doctor+ claim.  We had a full jailkeeper, and to also have a full doctor?  That is a powerful town.

I don't know what to do about finding a lynch tomorrow, but I will need some convincing to go elsewhere today.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: February 09, 2019, 06:07:18 am »

Summary time:
Dead People:
mcmc - Fixed Modified Multi-Motion Dectector
DatSwan - Jailkeeper
Haddock - Targeted Active Enabler

hypercube - VT

LaLight - Ninja/Strong-Willed Restricted Goon

mail-mi - 2-shot Active Bulletproof/1-shot Semi-Loyal Vigilante Modified Odd-Night Cult Leader Even-Night Modified Redirector

Alive People:
2.71828..... - 1 shot copping governor
SpaceAnemone - X-shot modified voyeur
WestCoastDidds - Neighborizing Tracker
ashersky - ?-shot trade-off-for-being-hated vigilante + ???
UmbrageOfSnow - Doctor + 1-shot power enhancer
jotheonah - ???
Awaclus - ???
Glooble - ???

Am I missing anything?
Town having a JK, vig, doctor, copping governor, tracker, voyeur, motion detector.....It just seems like too much.  Granted, scum did have a powerful role with full strong-willed ninja, but still this is a lot for town to have. 

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: February 09, 2019, 06:09:00 am »

Sorry guys, I failed you all.  I posted the 3 ?s without modifying them or turning smileys off.  So embarrassing.  If only I could edit to change my ??? to ???

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1629 on: February 09, 2019, 06:34:06 am »

Umbrage of Snow

I pretty much agree with e’s assessment, with the exception that I still think Awaclus is a possibility.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1630 on: February 09, 2019, 06:34:50 am »

Sorry, that was meant to be vote: UmbrageOfSnow

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: February 09, 2019, 07:43:00 am »

vote count pleasd
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: February 09, 2019, 07:43:32 am »

Jotheonah - did you target anyone last night with an action?  I don't really care what your power is (have you claimed anything?  I am losing track), just want the validation on WCD's claim.

WCD - what is your role name/description?  Like, quote it as it was given to you by faust.  If you are concerned about the legality of that just confirm with faust exactly what you are allowed to say in the thread.  (mods don't want to just throw out penalties, trust me.)

Good morning! I am asking him now.  This morning I got a message that one of the details of my description was in error, but that it had been fixed now.  It had previously said I was a limited watcher, but not it says that I am a limited tracker. So, up until this morning "track" appeared nowhere in my role which maybe explains why I wasn't able to convey it clearly.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: February 09, 2019, 08:08:55 am »

When you said “helped” by claiming, you specifically said because there was no NK on N1. If you think confirming she was blocked on night with no kill helped her, I could only assume you meant because she could have survived the kill having been jailed. But the flip side of that is she could have been blocked from doing the kill.

Now in your response to me, you leave that aside and talk about SA claiming to have been blocked and confirming that for her. Inconsistencies continue. This doesn’t help your cause.

This is the first time ever that I haven't been a vanilla version of something. In the Dirk Gently game I was non-aligned, but I didn't develop any powers before I was lynched D2, and I was a VT in my other three games. So, I have zero experience using and describing roles/abilities. If you read me with that understanding, would you come to a different conclusion? I don't doubt there are inconsistencies in what I have, but are they differences that matter or the kind of differences that arise when someone is new to a vocabulary? If I am blundering about, it is most definitely not calculated.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: February 09, 2019, 08:40:50 am »

Debatepro and I are headed up to Austin to play Scythe today so I won't be around again (in any real way) until the evening.
Happy Saturday, friends!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: February 09, 2019, 12:39:16 pm »

So, I convinced Glooble. Anyone else want on the wagon?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: February 09, 2019, 12:40:22 pm »

Umbrage of Snow

I pretty much agree with e’s assessment, with the exception that I still think Awaclus is a possibility.

And yeah, like I was saying, I really don't know where to go for scum tomorrow. (Regardless of what UoS flips)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1637 on: February 09, 2019, 01:07:56 pm »

vote count pleasd

It's this but with Glooble on UoS.

Vote Count 4.2

UmbrageOfSnow (1): 2.71828.....
jotheonah (1): UmbrageOfSnow
WestCoastDidds (2): Awaclus, ashersky

Not Voting (4): SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Glooble

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 13, 2019, 12:00:00 pm.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: February 09, 2019, 02:08:35 pm »

I targeted two people last night and neither of the things happened. I continue to town-read WCD but these inconsistencies are making me mad nervous. I’d be willing to vote snow again.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: February 09, 2019, 02:13:30 pm »

Eh, looking at my QT with WCD she’s been consistent in explaining how her power works. And I don’t really trust Faust’s mod judgement re: punishments for obvious reasons. So I’m team WCD.

vote: UmbrageOfSnow
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: February 09, 2019, 02:18:47 pm »

Actually, vote: e

If e is town, we get Asher as a real IC and we don’t lose much. Since he was a one-shot and his shot’s gone. Whereas if Snow is town we lose a full doc. I have not much reason to believe one over the other, so e is a better lynch.

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: February 09, 2019, 02:22:20 pm »

Actually, vote: e

If e is town, we get Asher as a real IC and we don’t lose much. Since he was a one-shot and his shot’s gone. Whereas if Snow is town we lose a full doc. I have not much reason to believe one over the other, so e is a better lynch.

Your reasoning behind this vote is to lynch the least bad town instead of going after actual scum.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: February 09, 2019, 02:23:03 pm »

Which is a bad reason to lynch someone

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: February 09, 2019, 02:28:19 pm »

Nah. I think you’re equally likely to be scum, so I’m using claimed town powers as a tiebreaker.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: February 09, 2019, 02:30:04 pm »

It’s more than that. Now that UoS has claimed, his surviving the night would be a lot of evidence toward him being scum. Also I don’t trust you enough to let you and ash be fake ICs for the rest of the game, so it’s better to settle the matter now.

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: February 09, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »

I am not exactly sure what a motion detector is since its described as a monitor to me, but they sound similar. DatSwan had a bunch of questions like this, which led to the quoting of my role in my QT with him. I don't quite understand what I am doing wrong linguistically, but it sounds like maybe I am using a term of art incorrectly.

So you told me you were a motion detector, even though your role said you were a monitor of some sort. And now you're saying that actually, it said all along that you're a watcher, except that faust really meant to say you're a tracker. Does that cover it?

Can you also confirm that you agree that you really did say that you'd quoted from your QT with Swan initially, but that you then updated yourself to say that you were quoting something in that QT? This one still worries me, because while the motion detector issue is a question of mafia rules/familiarity, this other one is a question of use of English, which I understand you're something of an expert at!

I do agree with e that you sound really townie -- I've been saying that all along -- but I also know you're smart, and I don't want to underestimate you. So if we as a town are going to overlook these scumslip-magnitude u-turns, then I want to document it here for future reference!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: February 09, 2019, 03:29:59 pm »

I think the e-Ash stuff from D1 appears not to have any outstanding contradictions, right?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: February 09, 2019, 03:32:12 pm »

Awaclus, WCD, Space, Glooble, and jotheonah all feel pretty town to me.  If I had to rank them probably (town to scum):
Awaclus
Glooble
Jotheonah
WCD
Space

Could you remind me where all this high-town-likelihood on Awaclus comes from?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1648 on: February 09, 2019, 03:35:54 pm »

It's not difficult to "sound towny". I don't think we should ignore blatant contradictions in claims, being on-wagon for what was probably a town lynch, and being off-wagon for what was a scum lynch just because someone "sounds towny".
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: February 09, 2019, 05:06:53 pm »

It's not difficult to "sound towny". I don't think we should ignore blatant contradictions in claims, being on-wagon for what was probably a town lynch, and being off-wagon for what was a scum lynch just because someone "sounds towny".

Ashersky or someone else with more experience could probably say better, but botching claims in RMMs seem to be more a town trait than scum. This is different than what we saw from mail-mi with their intentionally false claim. WCD rather just described his action using wrong mafia terminology, but they still claimed what they actually did consistently. Which I think is more townie coming from WCD.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.084 seconds with 20 queries.