Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274559 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1600 on: February 08, 2019, 04:41:43 pm »

And that post was based on me trusting my memory, which was wrong. :(

Worth noting, I hammered ash (and no one but ash knew it was a hammer) at 4:31. faust posted the final vote count at 5:56 and the non-flip at 6:01.

We don't know how the power works, but if twilight was e's window, it's not a lot of time.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1601 on: February 08, 2019, 04:42:37 pm »

Hang on though, wait. E’s story still doesn’t line up with what happened. The lynch wasn’t stopped, it just didn’t kill ash. Faust words things very precisely.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: February 08, 2019, 04:47:29 pm »

Hang on though, wait. E’s story still doesn’t line up with what happened. The lynch wasn’t stopped, it just didn’t kill ash. Faust words things very precisely.

I think that is correct. Ash was lynched. 

The odd thing is that she didn't die.  Can a governor save someone?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 08, 2019, 04:49:20 pm »

The wiki says under variations that a Governor can submit a name to make a player lynchproof until the next lynch. I really think this is semantics.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 08, 2019, 04:51:36 pm »

As promised, I will expand on my role.

I am System Governor Giarod, and my copping was a 1-shot copping governor. I used my power on ashersky D1 which is why he survived the lynch and then I knew they were town. Also why I was confident that I was not redirected, etc. A godfather would still confuse my result though if ashersky were a scum godfather

I'm just quoting this to move it over to this page. 

For e to be telling the truth, this version of governor saves whoever was lynched (is that a governor??). And she implies that Asher living meant she was town, but doesn't really explain that.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1605 on: February 08, 2019, 06:19:10 pm »

I am System Governor Giarod, and my copping was a 1-shot copping governor. I used my power on ashersky D1 which is why he survived the lynch and then I knew they were town. Also why I was confident that I was not redirected, etc. A godfather would still confuse my result though if ashersky were a scum godfather

For e to be telling the truth, this version of governor saves whoever was lynched (is that a governor??). And she implies that Asher living meant she was town, but doesn't really explain that.

1-shot copping governor sounds like it's just a governor that also cops, not a governor that only saves town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: February 08, 2019, 06:32:56 pm »

Awaclus, does that jive with “she survived the lynch and then I knew they were town”? That statement seems very precise. Like the not dying = the knowledge?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: February 08, 2019, 06:42:15 pm »

1-shot copping governor sounds like it's just a governor that also cops, not a governor that only saves town.

That is correct. I could have received a different result, but I specifically received that Ash is Radch-aligned
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1608 on: February 08, 2019, 06:52:33 pm »

Awaclus, does that jive with “she survived the lynch and then I knew they were town”? That statement seems very precise. Like the not dying = the knowledge?

Yes? First ashersky survived the lynch and then e knew he was town (from the cop result).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1609 on: February 08, 2019, 08:32:27 pm »

Vote: joth

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 08, 2019, 09:05:26 pm »

D1- no one...my ability had not started yet.  (No selection for N1 because the day ended early because of the Asher double hated and I wasn't prepared)
N1- no one (selected Space for D2)
D2- no result for Space, neighborhood with Space, (selected DatSwan for N2)
N2- neighborhood with Swan (selected DatSwan for D3 at his request)
(After the infraction, the thread was shut down and later when the night actions were resolved I was informed that the penalty for the infraction was that I would not be able to target someone the following day, so there would also be no night chat)
D3- Swan result (ashersky), but no chat because he was dead. (Not allowed to select for N3)
N3- No chat because of the rule infraction (Selected Jotheonah for D4)
D4- no result for Joth, neighborhood with Joth (Select someone for N4...)

This does not line up with what WCD told me about her role in our QT. She appear to be claiming now that she tracks her target, in addition to getting both day and night QTs. That's ridiculously powerful.

Previously, WCD told me that she can target someone in any day/night phase, and have a private QT with them the next phase. If she targets someone at night, she said she also got a motion detector result on them. That seemed rather more believable.

This is a post from D3:
I monitored DatSwan last night. His target was Ashersky.
-- she explicitly said she monitored him and got his target, not that she'd talked to him and knew who he'd been intending to target.

Combine that with the issue about what QT she'd quoted where, and I'm starting to get strong suspicions that there's a scumslip here:

I did not have chat N3. I quoted something from my QT with DatSwan and the repercussions were not chat ability for N3.
-- She's clearly saying that text went from the QT with DatSwan, not to DatSwan.

When I called her on this earlier this evening, she changed the story to:
I was penalized for quoting my QT in the Swan neighborhood QT.

Which is not the same thing.

Lastly, she's claiming that an infraction that occurred during a brief conversation in N2 (she said earlier that Swan had not noticed the QT for a while, and wanted longer to talk) was a delayed penalty that allowed her to use her role normally for D3 (getting the "tracking" result on DatSwan, and having a QT with him had he not been dead), but took away her QT ability the following night. That seems a bit weirdly delayed to me, when faust could just have denied her the tracking result, or the QT the next day.

I could just be be too paranoid here, because I really was townreading WCD for her overall behaviour, but I don't like it when the little things don't add up.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: February 08, 2019, 09:07:51 pm »

@e, how do you explain the fact that Ash strongly implied that he knew he was double-hated? Does that work with your understanding of your own role's mechanic and how the end of D1 played out?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 08, 2019, 09:09:49 pm »

I want to come back and read the e-Ash stuff tomorrow in more detail, but it's after 0200 here now and I need sleep. Right now, I feel like there was a lot of speculation without directly questioning those involved about their understanding of how it played out.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1613 on: February 08, 2019, 09:24:06 pm »

Vote: WCD

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 08, 2019, 09:40:56 pm »

It almost looks like WCD might not have night QTs at all. But why lie about that? Plus it’s easily verifiable. Why lie about her tracking ability? This doesn’t amount to a case if it doesn’t somehow tie into behavior that is anyitown, rather than merely bizarre.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 08, 2019, 10:10:00 pm »

Space, I will try to be more clear. If I have been confusing, it is a result of my inexperience, not that I am attempting to be shady. My role is that I can name a person in each phase and have a QT with them in the following phase.  Additionally, during each of the night phases, the person that I monitor the person that I named and get a result of who they targeted. Of you, DatSwan, and Joth the only person who returned a result was DatSwan and her target was Ashersky.

I am not exactly sure what a motion detector is since its described as a monitor to me, but they sound similar. DatSwan had a bunch of questions like this, which led to the quoting of my role in my QT with him. I don't quite understand what I am doing wrong linguistically, but it sounds like maybe I am using a term of art incorrectly.

This does not line up with what WCD told me about her role in our QT. She appear to be claiming now that she tracks her target, in addition to getting both day and night QTs. That's ridiculously powerful.

Previously, WCD told me that she can target someone in any day/night phase, and have a private QT with them the next phase. If she targets someone at night, she said she also got a motion detector result on them. That seemed rather more believable.

This is a post from D3:
I monitored DatSwan last night. His target was Ashersky.
-- she explicitly said she monitored him and got his target, not that she'd talked to him and knew who he'd been intending to target.

I am not sure what the difference is here.  In N2, DatSwan and I talked about who he should JK that night. He had it narrowed down to two people when the thread got locked, a few hours before the EON because of the rule violation. Before the end of the night, I targeted him for D3 got a result on him at the beginning of D3 Ashersky. No neighborhood opened, I am assuming because he was dead.

Combine that with the issue about what QT she'd quoted where, and I'm starting to get strong suspicions that there's a scumslip here:

I did not have chat N3. I quoted something from my QT with DatSwan and the repercussions were not chat ability for N3.
-- She's clearly saying that text went from the QT with DatSwan, not to DatSwan.

When I called her on this earlier this evening, she changed the story to:
I was penalized for quoting my QT in the Swan neighborhood QT.

Which is not the same thing.

Lastly, she's claiming that an infraction that occurred during a brief conversation in N2 (she said earlier that Swan had not noticed the QT for a while, and wanted longer to talk) was a delayed penalty that allowed her to use her role normally for D3 (getting the "tracking" result on DatSwan, and having a QT with him had he not been dead), but took away her QT ability the following night. That seems a bit weirdly delayed to me, when faust could just have denied her the tracking result, or the QT the next day.

I could just be be too paranoid here, because I really was townreading WCD for her overall behaviour, but I don't like it when the little things don't add up.

When I first wrote about the penalty I meant to say I quoted something from my QT "to" DatSwan.  If the argument is about a mistake typing "with" instead of "to", then yeah, I made that mistake. I was trying to convey what happened with quoting anything else. And then I tried to clarify what happened more clearly so that it made sense.

I don't know why faust chose the penalty that he did.  I can tell you that the thread was locked around 9:40 am and the night ended about 15 hours later (after midnight), so he spent some time thinking about it. I don't really know faust well enough to guess his thought process, but perhaps denying me daychat with a dead person wasn't enough of a penalty since it wasn't going to be productive anyway. Perhaps he could have denied my monitor result, but I already had the advantage of talking to Swan and having a sense of where who he was going to JK. Finally, taking the night chat is was less punitive than the day chat, so perhaps it was a punishment most fitting to the crime.  I can say that it was oddly worded and had to be explained to me more clearly for me to understand that who I named D3 for N3, I would not get to talk to. It was a bit oddly delayed, but the reasons I just listed were how I made sense of it.

When I asked faust if I could tell the thread about the punishment, he said it was okay but that he wouldn't be able to comment on it. So, that is the extent of that. The quoting thing was a novice mistake, any confusion about my descriptions is my confusion. If I am using specific role words incorrectly, please try to understand my meaning. I am not choosing my words strategically.

I am ride or die with you and Joth. I know that you are both town based entirely on our interactions and I am not sure what has changed for you, but I am going to try not to let your paranoia cause me to rethink you. I have claimed more specific information about my role than anyone else, and you have some further information that has not been widely shared that should help you identify why I chose Joth for my neighborhood today.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 08, 2019, 10:23:12 pm »

vote: WCD

I don’t like UoS any better after the claim, not that specific given the roles we have seen so far, pretty normal scum fake claim, won’t be sad if we lose it. Would definitely lynch there.

As for WCD, the claiming that’s been going on since the beginning hasn’t been consistent, the supreme overconfidence of the alignment of the players she has targeted can only be incredibly naive or come from scum that already knows she’s targeting town. And the secret mod punishment is straight up a lie to cover up a mistake in her fake claim — it’s a good tool because she knows faust can’t comment on it without messing with the game. I’m sure it’s a lie because if it actually happened, a good mod would post that a rules violation occurred and a punishment had been levied.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: February 08, 2019, 10:23:49 pm »

It almost looks like WCD might not have night QTs at all. But why lie about that? Plus it’s easily verifiable. Why lie about her tracking ability? This doesn’t amount to a case if it doesn’t somehow tie into behavior that is anyitown, rather than merely bizarre.

I am not sure what information that I could provide from my chat with DatSwan that would serve as proof of our interaction. I also am not quite sure why it matters except that I am not freaking lying. If I did not have night chat abilities, I certainly wouldn't make up an embarrassing story about breaking the rules and being disciplined for it (which I find mortifying).

What I have shared with the thread is that Swan JKed Space N1 (he told me), and Ashersky N2 (I knew that was one of the contenders and then got that as the result at the end of the night from the monitoring part of my role). That information only helps Space because it explains why there was no NK N1. So, if I am not trying to help her, I'd sit on it. She suspected that she was JKed but I am the one who could verify it because I talked to Swan.

I'm frustrated that my inexperience/lack of vocabulary is fouling things up. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like we are at an important juncture in the game and I don't want to be the LVP.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: February 08, 2019, 10:25:51 pm »

On the gov thing...

I am definitely double hated and was definitely lynched. I don’t see any issue with Gov saving me. Previous gov uses on f.ds have allowed for pre-targeting when twilight timing is involved. Or just “save whomever gets lynched today” style orders.

For me, a Gov saves a lynched person after they are lynched, whenever they are lynched. I was lynched, then saved.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 08, 2019, 10:27:35 pm »

I am not sure what information that I could provide from my chat with DatSwan that would serve as proof of our interaction. I also am not quite sure why it matters except that I am not freaking lying. If I did not have night chat abilities, I certainly wouldn't make up an embarrassing story about breaking the rules and being disciplined for it (which I find mortifying).

What I have shared with the thread is that Swan JKed Space N1 (he told me), and Ashersky N2 (I knew that was one of the contenders and then got that as the result at the end of the night from the monitoring part of my role). That information only helps Space because it explains why there was no NK N1. So, if I am not trying to help her, I'd sit on it. She suspected that she was JKed but I am the one who could verify it because I talked to Swan.

I'm frustrated that my inexperience/lack of vocabulary is fouling things up. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like we are at an important juncture in the game and I don't want to be the LVP.

SA being JKed also hurts SA, as her attempted killing action could have been blocked.  So your argument on that point is also invalid.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: February 08, 2019, 10:34:52 pm »

SA being JKed also hurts SA, as her attempted killing action could have been blocked.  So your argument on that point is also invalid.

Do you mean that if she was blocked that hurts her ability to use her powers? My argument was not about her abilities. I was trying to say that telling the thread that she had been jailkept by Swan helped her in the game (not in the night that had passed, although I guess it potentially kept her alive). She claimed to have been blocked N1 when she was getting votes on D2 and I verified her claim with what I knew from Swan.  When I told the thread that I knew she had been his first JK'ed person, it verified her story about being blocked that night. She suspected that she had been JK'ed when we talked on D2, but I didn't know that she actually had been until D3. She learned that from me when the rest of the thread did.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: February 08, 2019, 10:39:35 pm »

Do you mean that if she was blocked that hurts her ability to use her powers? My argument was not about her abilities. I was trying to say that telling the thread that she had been jailkept by Swan helped her in the game (not in the night that had passed, although I guess it potentially kept her alive). She claimed to have been blocked N1 when she was getting votes on D2 and I verified her claim with what I knew from Swan.  When I told the thread that I knew she had been his first JK'ed person, it verified her story about being blocked that night. She suspected that she had been JK'ed when we talked on D2, but I didn't know that she actually had been until D3. She learned that from me when the rest of the thread did.

When you said “helped” by claiming, you specifically said because there was no NK on N1. If you think confirming she was blocked on night with no kill helped her, I could only assume you meant because she could have survived the kill having been jailed. But the flip side of that is she could have been blocked from doing the kill.

Now in your response to me, you leave that aside and talk about SA claiming to have been blocked and confirming that for her. Inconsistencies continue. This doesn’t help your cause.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: February 09, 2019, 02:44:34 am »

Vote Count 4.2

UmbrageOfSnow (1): 2.71828.....
jotheonah (1): UmbrageOfSnow
WestCoastDidds (2): Awaclus, ashersky

Not Voting (4): SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah, Glooble

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 13, 2019, 12:00:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: February 09, 2019, 04:44:44 am »

The Didds neighborhood saga....

D1- no one...my ability had not started yet.  (No selection for N1 because the day ended early because of the Asher double hated and I wasn't prepared)
N1- no one (selected Space for D2)
D2- no result for Space, neighborhood with Space, (selected DatSwan for N2)
N2- neighborhood with Swan (selected DatSwan for D3 at his request)
(After the infraction, the thread was shut down and later when the night actions were resolved I was informed that the penalty for the infraction was that I would not be able to target someone the following day, so there would also be no night chat)
D3- Swan result (ashersky), but no chat because he was dead. (Not allowed to select for N3)
N3- No chat because of the rule infraction (Selected Jotheonah for D4)
D4- no result for Joth, neighborhood with Joth (Select someone for N4...)

PPE 10 or 12 or something

quoting for a jump-off point.  I just reread all of WCD, and I believe her to be town.  Her play throughout the game has been excited, newer, town.  Going back to D1 complaining about the lack of activity, to caution about voting LL, to the entire saga of her qt.  All of her play is just too honest and open to be manipulative, lying, scum.  I just don't see it.

Not voting for WCD today, probably won't this game without a solid result against her.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: February 09, 2019, 04:53:15 am »

Jotheonah - did you target anyone last night with an action?  I don't really care what your power is (have you claimed anything?  I am losing track), just want the validation on WCD's claim.

WCD - what is your role name/description?  Like, quote it as it was given to you by faust.  If you are concerned about the legality of that just confirm with faust exactly what you are allowed to say in the thread.  (mods don't want to just throw out penalties, trust me.)
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.051 seconds with 20 queries.