Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274601 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1550 on: February 08, 2019, 01:42:55 pm »

Have you heard about the Joth wagon? I hear all the coolest people are into it these days.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1551 on: February 08, 2019, 01:47:50 pm »

Have you heard about the Joth wagon? I hear all the coolest people are into it these days.

Eh, I guess I could vote for joth again, but right now I like Glooble more.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 08, 2019, 01:49:20 pm »

Really? I heard it was a really bad wagon.

Is this going to be one of those days where we keep moving the lynch around until everyone has claimed and then we lynch the poor honest townie with the least useful role?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 08, 2019, 01:50:28 pm »

So far I've trusted my gut on fishy claims twice this game and twice I've been right. This claim isn't quite as fishy as LaLight's or mail-mi's, but it's still pretty convenient.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1554 on: February 08, 2019, 01:51:16 pm »

Really? I heard it was a really bad wagon.

Is this going to be one of those days where we keep moving the lynch around until everyone has claimed and then we lynch the poor honest townie with the least useful role?

If we're going to do that I should probably just save time and vote for myself.

Or you could join me on the Awaclus wagon.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 08, 2019, 01:54:02 pm »

It's almost like it's dumb to vote people just to get them to claim if you aren't willing to lynch through a good number of claims.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 08, 2019, 01:54:15 pm »

I'm not voting for either of you until one of you puts together an actual convincing case on the other one.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: February 08, 2019, 01:56:07 pm »

(that was directed at Awaclus and Glooble)

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 08, 2019, 01:57:28 pm »

unvote anyway, in the name of ensuring time for discussion and no quickhammers.

That seems townie.
How is it townie that the person most convinced I'm scum is the first to unvote on a claim that she is calling fishy?

It's gunshy scum.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 08, 2019, 01:58:54 pm »

unvote anyway, in the name of ensuring time for discussion and no quickhammers.

That seems townie.
How is it townie that the person most convinced I'm scum is the first to unvote on a claim that she is calling fishy?

It's gunshy scum.

Ha. When I'm scum I'm not gunshy. It's kind of a problem.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: February 08, 2019, 02:00:41 pm »

The Didds neighborhood saga....

D1- no one...my ability had not started yet.  (No selection for N1 because the day ended early because of the Asher double hated and I wasn't prepared)
N1- no one (selected Space for D2)
D2- no result for Space, neighborhood with Space, (selected DatSwan for N2)
N2- neighborhood with Swan (selected DatSwan for D3 at his request)
(After the infraction, the thread was shut down and later when the night actions were resolved I was informed that the penalty for the infraction was that I would not be able to target someone the following day, so there would also be no night chat)
D3- Swan result (ashersky), but no chat because he was dead. (Not allowed to select for N3)
N3- No chat because of the rule infraction (Selected Jotheonah for D4)
D4- no result for Joth, neighborhood with Joth (Select someone for N4...)

PPE 10 or 12 or something

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: February 08, 2019, 02:02:13 pm »

One guess is that because I shared QT info in another QT, none of which was in the game thread, it does make some sense to have it be a QT penalty.

Right.. so with whom did you have a QT after Swan, who was N2 and failed D3, and the N3 when you claim you didn't have a QT because you were being penalised for quoting something from the Swan QT?

I think its more clear now, yeah? Joth is in my neighborhood today.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: February 08, 2019, 02:07:10 pm »

One guess is that because I shared QT info in another QT, none of which was in the game thread, it does make some sense to have it be a QT penalty.

Right.. so with whom did you have a QT after Swan, who was N2 and failed D3, and the N3 when you claim you didn't have a QT because you were being penalised for quoting something from the Swan QT?

I was penalized for quoting my QT in the Swan neighborhood QT. Using specific language could give me an unfair advantage.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: February 08, 2019, 02:13:12 pm »

FYI my availability will drop dramatically on Monday. Might not be around at deadline (assuming we get to deadline, which seems somewhat unlikely).

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1564 on: February 08, 2019, 02:20:27 pm »

I want to let e and ashersky react to this claim they were so eager to get.

For my part, I'm still willing to lynch UoS. Doctor is like the go-to hail-mary claim for caught scum, isn't it? Otoh, if she's telling the truth, there's a good chance she dies tomorrow, and if she doesn't we have an even stronger case for lynching her.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: February 08, 2019, 02:39:35 pm »

As promised, I will expand on my role.

I am System Governor Giarod, and my copping was a 1-shot copping governor. I used my power on ashersky D1 which is why he survived the lynch and then I knew they were town. Also why I was confident that I was not redirected, etc. A godfather would still confuse my result though if ashersky were a scum godfather
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1566 on: February 08, 2019, 02:41:55 pm »

I am System Governor Giarod, and my copping was a 1-shot copping governor. I used my power on ashersky D1 which is why he survived the lynch and then I knew they were town. Also why I was confident that I was not redirected, etc. A godfather would still confuse my result though if ashersky were a scum godfather

This contradicts Ashes "If I use my shot I'm hated" claim, doesn't it?

He/ Him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: February 08, 2019, 02:42:00 pm »

At a friend's place getting ready to play some Mario party, so won't really be able to comment much the rest of tonight (also, yes, still getting used to Europe time), but interested to wake up to some conversation in the morning.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: February 08, 2019, 02:43:09 pm »

C'mon e, give us a quick take on the UoS claim.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: February 08, 2019, 02:45:08 pm »

I thought Governor just ended the day without a lynch. Can you elaborate a bit more on how the power worked?

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1570 on: February 08, 2019, 02:52:07 pm »

The lack of a night kill makes ash look worse to me. Not getting a night kill the night they used it would be a way to balance giving scum a day shot.

Can we talk about the fact that five people had 7 votes? Ash, we’re you also secretly hated Day 1? If someone on the ash wagon has a secret double or triple vote I guess that would explain it as well.

We had a plurality lynch, we didn't have 7 votes

This is an interesting mistake for scum LaLight to have made, since it turns out it actually was a plurality lynch. Could be a coincidence. Could be he knew his partner was going to end the day.

Also, nice speculation by all on the odd wagon size (no sarcasm here).  But I took only 5 votes to lynch.

As for why I didn't die -- no idea.  Assuming someone protected me from the NK as I believe I'm scum's top NK priority.

Here's where ash's claim contradicts e's just now. Someone tell me how this makes sense unless one of them is lying.

I thought Governor just ended the day without a lynch. Can you elaborate a bit more on how the power worked?

Most setups don't have a plurality lynch.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1571 on: February 08, 2019, 02:55:27 pm »

To clarify- if e is telling the truth, the plurality lynch would have explained the fact that ash was lynched with only five votes. So if ash was also randomly double-hated, as she claimed, that would be a huge coincidence, especially given that e would then have to have ended the day before faust did, and just happened to decide to do that.

I don't buy it.

vote: e

Because if ash were the one lying e would have called her on it.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: February 08, 2019, 03:00:40 pm »

Maybe e's power is ends the day, if town is going to be lynched, they don't die, if scum is going to be lynched they do. That's powerful.

Could e's power be a scum power that works the other way around?

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1573 on: February 08, 2019, 03:09:39 pm »

Maybe e's power is ends the day, if town is going to be lynched, they don't die, if scum is going to be lynched they do. That's powerful.

Could e's power be a scum power that works the other way around?

That doesn't do anything to address the fact that if e an ash are both telling the truth then e just happened to use her power at the exact vote count when ash would have died anyway, but before faust ended the day. That's staggeringly unlikely.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1574 on: February 08, 2019, 03:10:02 pm »

One of them is lying.

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.328 seconds with 20 queries.