Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274312 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1525 on: February 08, 2019, 12:42:44 pm »

If WCD is scum, she's playing a really impressive game.

And then we all laughed and laughed and laughed...because heaven knows no one has ever thought that about my play!

I don't think I really need to prove my veracity, but the best thing I have going for me is that Space, Swan, and Joth all have the same information about me. I can't see a scenario where I could have figured that out early and then been able to maintain it with everything else that is changing in the game in light of new information, etc. Instead, we just keep getting better and better town information.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 08, 2019, 01:07:46 pm »

With UoS I feel as if there is just not enough information to really make a good decision about lynching them, hence wanting the claim. They are a prime suspect today based on PoE, and while I don't have much of a reason to lynch them, I don't have a reason NOT to lynch them

This is a terrible reason for wanting a claim, but that's okay because I realized I have a way to confirm my claim tomorrow, so I'm not claiming today period. It's relevant only if you'd be willing to lynch through my claim anyway.

Also I don't see an intent to hammer.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 08, 2019, 01:08:48 pm »

It feels like 3 people are voting me just because they want me to claim not because they want to lynch me. This is... not smart.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 08, 2019, 01:10:46 pm »

If UoS wasn't at L-1, I'd probably switch my vote to her at this point, simply due to, as E said, process of elimination. As is I'm happy keeping my vote on who I think is the second most likely scum.

Looking forward to hearing a claim.

This is .... almost an intent to hammer.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1529 on: February 08, 2019, 01:14:39 pm »

It feels like 3 people are voting me just because they want me to claim not because they want to lynch me. This is... not smart.

I think all of the people voting for you are doing so because they think you're the most likely of the remaining players to be scum. I agree with them, so if you continue to insist on not claiming, I'm probably gonna hammer.

I intend to hammer.

This is my intent. I am declaring it.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: February 08, 2019, 01:16:51 pm »

I'm curious what other people think though, especially those meta-driven folks who know e a little better. ash, for instance, or UoS or Space. Is e the type to use a 1-shot cop in such a way? I would expect seasoned players to save a power like that for the late game. But of course, that requires surviving to the late game.

It doesn't seem that weird to me. 1-shot cop is absolutely better later on, but e isn't a crazy N1 NK, there isn't faust in the game where the scumteam killing him N1 is actually a meme, and there are plenty of players in that initial list who obviously wouldn't be the NK. Looking at it now I'd put her in my top 3 players, so using it early makes sense. Obviously that's not an unbiased assessment on my part, but I don't think it would be hard for town e to come to the same conclusion.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 08, 2019, 01:18:20 pm »

I'm curious what other people think though, especially those meta-driven folks who know e a little better. ash, for instance, or UoS or Space. Is e the type to use a 1-shot cop in such a way? I would expect seasoned players to save a power like that for the late game. But of course, that requires surviving to the late game.

It doesn't seem that weird to me. 1-shot cop is absolutely better later on, but e isn't a crazy N1 NK, there isn't faust in the game where the scumteam killing him N1 is actually a meme, and there are plenty of players in that initial list who obviously wouldn't be the NK. Looking at it now I'd put her in my top 3 players, so using it early makes sense. Obviously that's not an unbiased assessment on my part, but I don't think it would be hard for town e to come to the same conclusion.

Thanks, this is a helpful datapoint.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 08, 2019, 01:20:34 pm »

Though worth noting this list of reasons is completely different than the reason e gave...

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 08, 2019, 01:22:57 pm »

I'm a doctor you jerks. I was going to target Space tonight and confirm myself.

Robz targeted e on N1, I targeted Ash on N2 and N3. I also have a power to give someone a boosted power in some way that neither Robz nor I have used.

My flavor name is just Medic.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 08, 2019, 01:23:56 pm »

Though worth noting this list of reasons is completely different than the reason e gave...

How arrogant would it be to say "I'm one of the best players in this game, so I was worried about being the NK?"

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 08, 2019, 01:24:58 pm »

Town having full doc AND full JK (effectively 2 docs) seems pretty powerful.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 08, 2019, 01:26:34 pm »

unvote anyway, in the name of ensuring time for discussion and no quickhammers.

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 08, 2019, 01:26:50 pm »

Where has everyone been all day? I guess UoS is just taking time coming up with a claim, slows down play a bit

I dislike this though, how often to I post in the morning?

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 08, 2019, 01:28:01 pm »

One guess is that because I shared QT info in another QT, none of which was in the game thread, it does make some sense to have it be a QT penalty.

Right.. so with whom did you have a QT after Swan, who was N2 and failed D3, and the N3 when you claim you didn't have a QT because you were being penalised for quoting something from the Swan QT?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 08, 2019, 01:30:28 pm »

Where has everyone been all day? I guess UoS is just taking time coming up with a claim, slows down play a bit

I dislike this though, how often to I post in the morning?

Maybe e is still getting used to being in a European timezone where everything happens in the evening or overnight? Like, for us 11am is already 4 or 5 pm (for me and e respectively), so it's not exactly early.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1540 on: February 08, 2019, 01:31:24 pm »

Robz targeted e on N1, I targeted Ash on N2 and N3. I also have a power to give someone a boosted power in some way that neither Robz nor I have used.

I don't remember a Medic named Medic in the books. Does anyone else?

Just to confirm, Robz did not target me with the power booster night 1? Cause that seems like a really weird role to have two of.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 08, 2019, 01:32:10 pm »

One guess is that because I shared QT info in another QT, none of which was in the game thread, it does make some sense to have it be a QT penalty.

Right.. so with whom did you have a QT after Swan, who was N2 and failed D3, and the N3 when you claim you didn't have a QT because you were being penalised for quoting something from the Swan QT?

Maybe just give us a list:
N1
D2
N2
D3
etc. It does seem like the number of QTs doesn't add up if you get them every day and every night.

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 08, 2019, 01:33:13 pm »

unvote anyway, in the name of ensuring time for discussion and no quickhammers.

That seems townie.

I want to think about the claim, and about WCD's QT weirdness maybe-scumslip thing, but right now I'm going to be offline for a few hours hosting games night.

Please don't lynch anyone before I'm back :-)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 08, 2019, 01:33:21 pm »

Town having full doc AND full JK (effectively 2 docs) seems pretty powerful.

I'm not exactly a full doc, but the details are none of anyones business, you lynch me or scum NKs me and you can figure it out from my flip probably. I absolutely will not claim the details of that part of the role.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 08, 2019, 01:34:02 pm »

Just to confirm, Robz did not target me with the power booster night 1? Cause that seems like a really weird role to have two of.

There was a Medic in the book who was just called Medic.

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: February 08, 2019, 01:34:20 pm »

Robz did not target you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 08, 2019, 01:35:04 pm »

Yeah, the ships have medics, don't they?

PPE some. Definitely leaving this time...

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1547 on: February 08, 2019, 01:36:26 pm »

Robz did not target you.

So what's the likelihood faust puts two different power-boosting roles in the game?

He/ Him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1548 on: February 08, 2019, 01:37:46 pm »

Vote: Glooble
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1549 on: February 08, 2019, 01:39:10 pm »

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.077 seconds with 20 queries.