Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274495 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1500 on: February 07, 2019, 06:27:01 pm »

Genuinely curious why there isn’t a wagon on Space right now.

Like I know why I’m not voting for her, but she was almost the lynch yesterday, and I don’t know what’s changed.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: February 07, 2019, 07:45:36 pm »

Like I know why I’m not voting for her, but she was almost the lynch yesterday, and I don’t know what’s changed.

Haha.. I was actually wondering almost the same thing about you, since you'd taken heat earlier. Perversely, that makes me consider voting Joth, because as I said before, it's kind of likely that one of you is scum, and if it's you, then you'd probably find a way to join one of the two current wagons rather than hinting at starting a fresh one on me.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: February 07, 2019, 07:56:28 pm »

@WCD, you haven't mentioned anything about your QTs for the last night and today, unless I've missed it. Could you at least let us know whether you've got a conversation going on in the background, in case it affects how early we want to put people up to L-1? I figure even if everything appears to be said in the thread, it might not be the case for yoru QT, given that our D2 one was still going on quite strongly when the day ended.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: February 07, 2019, 08:05:41 pm »

Haha.. I was actually wondering almost the same thing about you, since you'd taken heat earlier. Perversely, that makes me consider voting Joth, because as I said before, it's kind of likely that one of you is scum, and if it's you, then you'd probably find a way to join one of the two current wagons rather than hinting at starting a fresh one on me.

Huh.. to correct myself, you didn't get as many votes as I think I was remembering, so it's barely fair to say you took heat. I was certainly scumreading you for a short time over the Awaclus-must-be-scum LaLight thing, and I know Ash appeared keen on your lynch at quite a lot of points in the game, but that's not actually all that much. Sorry!

I have to do lots more wagon analysis, but sleep time has caught up with me already. I'm going to be kind of busy tomorrow night because Thursday night games is happening on Friday this week in honour of Haddock's ex-flatmate coming back to Oxford to visit :-)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: February 07, 2019, 09:54:46 pm »

I have to do lots more wagon analysis, but sleep time has caught up with me already. I'm going to be kind of busy tomorrow night because Thursday night games is happening on Friday this week in honour of Haddock's ex-flatmate coming back to Oxford to visit :-)

Oh, fun! I hope you all have a blast!

I have had too much wine to engage meaningfully tonight, but am mostly free tomorrow and am promising myself to get some real work done on this game. I think I'm like 4 pages behind at this point, but I think I'm basically following. I'm feeling better about UoS and Joth than I was earlier.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: February 08, 2019, 01:20:16 am »

Vote: UoS

Claim time
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: February 08, 2019, 01:28:12 am »

Vote Count 4.1

UmbrageOfSnow (4): jotheonah, Awaclus, ashersky, 2.71828.....
jotheonah (1): UmbrageOfSnow
Awaclus (1): Glooble

Not Voting (2): SpaceAnemone, WestCoastDidds

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 13, 2019, 12:00:00 pm.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: February 08, 2019, 01:37:04 am »

The vote count splits my reads fairly well, actually.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: February 08, 2019, 01:40:01 am »

With UoS I feel as if there is just not enough information to really make a good decision about lynching them, hence wanting the claim. They are a prime suspect today based on PoE, and while I don't have much of a reason to lynch them, I don't have a reason NOT to lynch them
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 08, 2019, 01:41:51 am »

Space and WCD combined claiming about everything has given me reason not to lynch them both today.

I want that from UoS, and not providing all the proof they have at their disposal (i.e. claiming and all) is scummy

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 08, 2019, 08:05:27 am »

E, why did you use your one and only cop shot on N1, when you had a relatively small amount of information and a relatively large player pool?

e, did you miss this? Because you showed up in the thread and didn’t answer it. Nor have you addressed the conversation around your continued survival.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 08, 2019, 10:51:34 am »

E, why did you use your one and only cop shot on N1, when you had a relatively small amount of information and a relatively large player pool?

e, did you miss this? Because you showed up in the thread and didn’t answer it. Nor have you addressed the conversation around your continued survival.

I didn't feel like I had much to add in the discussion about my continued survival. The theory that scum don't want to confirm my role through flipping me is plausible I guess.

I copped Ash to save town from itself. I knew that Ash was the prime target (you know, he was lynched) and I very much thought Ashersky was town, so I just confirmed it

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 08, 2019, 10:56:00 am »

Where has everyone been all day? I guess UoS is just taking time coming up with a claim, slows down play a bit

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 08, 2019, 11:11:10 am »

I didn't feel like I had much to add in the discussion about my continued survival. The theory that scum don't want to confirm my role through flipping me is plausible I guess.

I copped Ash to save town from itself. I knew that Ash was the prime target (you know, he was lynched) and I very much thought Ashersky was town, so I just confirmed it

This is a fine answer. Not an amazing, airtight answer but also not a scummy non-answer or an implausible answer. I'm curious what other people think though, especially those meta-driven folks who know e a little better. ash, for instance, or UoS or Space. Is e the type to use a 1-shot cop in such a way? I would expect seasoned players to save a power like that for the late game. But of course, that requires surviving to the late game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 08, 2019, 11:17:31 am »

Where has everyone been all day? I guess UoS is just taking time coming up with a claim, slows down play a bit

Right? My busiest day at work was an explosion of posts...and today, when I have time to keep up. Not so much.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: February 08, 2019, 11:30:12 am »

This is also a good point about ash having literally already been lynched going into Night 1. That actually, to me, makes e-ash scum team a lot more plausible.

Like, if they were a scum team coming out of that day 1 they would have to make a choice between writing off ash for dead or making a proactive gambit to stay alive (with LaLight as a backup if town called bullshit and lynched them together.) I know the last thing anyone wants right now is another "creative" joth theory, but here I go I guess.

If you look at the beginning of Day 2, it is literally the e and ash show for like 12 posts. It includes this post by e:

Also, I assume stuff happened last night (no NK, jotheonah is hated, and that's just the public information). Anyone want to share with the group or is this going to be another RMM where it is partial claims until D4 or so before we mass claim?

It takes on a different tone if you imagine it coming from scum!e who is about to go all in on a risky early cop claim. After all, a real cop who cops him could ruin the plan real fast, so it might be worth the risk to try and out, or at least PoE, some power roles.

The third person to show up is LaLight. By itself, a scum team spending a good chunk of D2 just interacting with each other seems ... weird. So that's a strike against. But they mostly talk about ash's shot and how likely it is to be town. So maybe they're trying to set the conversation up so e doesn't have to use the fake claim. i.e., it's a fallback.

So then Awaclus and DatSwan show up and honestly that's the first time the discussion turns toward re-lynching ashersky.

Also, thinking more about ashersky and what we know about his role: being forced to publicly shoot someone is just so bad for scum. Being forced to publicly shoot someone makes for an interesting position for town. I am fairly confident that Ash is town, not lynching today.

Why? this is an issue that will be brought up throughout the game and used against town the whole time. it doesn't matter if they are town or skum to a sense at this point.... best case scenario what- they have another shot to fire? they can hide that as skum, get lucky as town, or be lying all together. There is def value in lynching ash today, you dismissing is asinine.

Then Haddock and Glooble show up and change the subject to the hatedness (mine and ash's). e participates, ash doesn't.

Then I show up and turn the topic back to "let's lynch ash again". I also introduce the idea of ash being an SK. Then I vote for ash. Then ash votes for ash, which I think is notable.

I wish I was an SK here.  MVP win last time out.

It's been a long time since I've played a game with joth, I think.  What I don't remember is if shutdown-ignore everything-confirmation bias joth is scum!joth or town!joth.

As most would know, I'm always happy to get lynched just to say I told you so.  My green flip just proves you wrong and proves me right.

vote: ash

In retrospect, this post seems scummy. Oh wait, it seemed scummy at the time.

That's when e comes in with the cop claim. When ash is at 2 votes, one of them his own. Even with hated that's not risk-of-a-lynch territory. If scum was holding it in reserve as a last resort option, I'd expect them to wait longer to deploy. So that's points against. Still, e was clearly worried ash would get lynched.

Calm down guys.

Ashersky is town

I like the idea of calming down! The caught us unawares quick lynch when we thought we actually had a whole extra day has made me hesitant to vote at all. But I want to vote for Joth.

E, you say that with authority....how do you know she’s town?

As a part of my role I have a 1-shot cop. I used it on ashersky. I wanted to let it play out a bit longer, but ashersky self-voting kind of made me claim earlier than I wanted, but I didn't want my investigation to be for nothing with a quick lynch

Then e votes for me. At this point I'm hated with a vote and case from Haddock already on me.

Alright, I'll stop my day 2 reread there. Here is my conclusion: The events of day 2 are consistent with a narrative wherein e, ash, and lalight are on a scum team, that scum team got spooked by ash's day 1 lynch, and e and ash, being experienced players who thought they could pull it off, hatched a plan to steer suspicion away from themselves with a proactive cop claim.

He/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 08, 2019, 11:35:46 am »

I like jotheonah's theories. They are wrong, but they seem genuinely townie

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 08, 2019, 11:36:58 am »

TBH I'm still trying to figure out if I actually believe this one.

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 08, 2019, 11:37:11 am »

@WCD, you haven't mentioned anything about your QTs for the last night and today, unless I've missed it. Could you at least let us know whether you've got a conversation going on in the background, in case it affects how early we want to put people up to L-1? I figure even if everything appears to be said in the thread, it might not be the case for yoru QT, given that our D2 one was still going on quite strongly when the day ended.

Hi! I did not have chat N3. I quoted something from my QT with DatSwan and the repercussions were not chat ability for N3.

Today, Jotheonah is talking to me. I chose him because he seems town to me and he had said some things that made it seem as if we (town) could benefit from him knowing a bit more about my role. So, I shared that information. I also have shared with him the reasons that I think Space is town and DatSwan's take on things, too. I believe that the three of us (Space, Joth, WCD) are town.

I can also confirm that we believe that he was roleblocked N3 based on my result from monitoring him.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 08, 2019, 11:38:49 am »

TBH I'm still trying to figure out if I actually believe this one.

I will respond more directly after UoS claims

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 08, 2019, 11:47:09 am »

And I would say I strongly believe WCD to be town based on our QT chat. My trust in Space is secondhand.

If WCD is scum, she's playing a really impressive game.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1521 on: February 08, 2019, 12:05:00 pm »

Hi! I did not have chat N3. I quoted something from my QT with DatSwan and the repercussions were not chat ability for N3.

Today, Jotheonah is talking to me. I chose him because he seems town to me and he had said some things that made it seem as if we (town) could benefit from him knowing a bit more about my role. So, I shared that information. I also have shared with him the reasons that I think Space is town and DatSwan's take on things, too. I believe that the three of us (Space, Joth, WCD) are town.

I can also confirm that we believe that he was roleblocked N3 based on my result from monitoring him.

I strongly trust both WCD and joth, so at this point I feel like I should also trust that Space is probably town. Which doesn't leave me with a lot of options for the remaining scum. There's the ash/e team, which is starting to look better. There's Awaclus, who's kind of a null read because of how she plays but I think has done some scummy stuff. And there's UoS, who's kind of null for circumstantial reasons, but looks plausibly scummy based on what little info we do have.

If UoS wasn't at L-1, I'd probably switch my vote to her at this point, simply due to, as E said, process of elimination. As is I'm happy keeping my vote on who I think is the second most likely scum.

Looking forward to hearing a claim.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 08, 2019, 12:11:06 pm »

Ah, that is a shame, though also quite weird. Why would faust give a role-based penalty in secret, when we already know that his general form is to make players hated as a penalty? Obviously, if he's penalising you in a way that interacts with your role specifically, he can't announce it in-thread without confirming your role. However, he's also openly made Joth hated for an infraction in this game, and taken my vote from me in a previous game, both publicly applied in the thread to deter others from following suit.

Has anyone else had a secret sanction from faust for a rules infraction, in this game or previous ones?

What response did you get, and have you checked specifically with faust that that's what you'd see as a motion detector if Joth was targeted with a RB?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 08, 2019, 12:34:55 pm »

Ah, that is a shame, though also quite weird. Why would faust give a role-based penalty in secret, when we already know that his general form is to make players hated as a penalty? Obviously, if he's penalising you in a way that interacts with your role specifically, he can't announce it in-thread without confirming your role. However, he's also openly made Joth hated for an infraction in this game, and taken my vote from me in a previous game, both publicly applied in the thread to deter others from following suit.

Has anyone else had a secret sanction from faust for a rules infraction, in this game or previous ones?

I am aware that faust can't confirm the penalty because I asked him if I could share that is what happened.  If I had wanted to hide that fact, I'd have used the Awaclus hammer 3 days before the EOD deadline as to what I didn't talk to someone. But I figured truth was best. So truth is, I was punished.

I don't really know why faust decided to resolve it that way. One guess is that because I shared QT info in another QT, none of which was in the game thread, it does make some sense to have it be a QT penalty. I will also say that he didn't tell me the penalty immediately, but rather took some time to consider his option (during which I apologized because I wasn't actually aware that I had done it because I was trying to be careful, but in a flurry of back and forth I wasn't as careful as I had intended, and I didn't want him to think I was being a cheater on purpose.)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 08, 2019, 12:37:37 pm »

What response did you get, and have you checked specifically with faust that that's what you'd see as a motion detector if Joth was targeted with a RB?

I did not check with faust. My night monitor returns the name of someone who my target has targeted. I didn't get a result.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.472 seconds with 20 queries.