Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274383 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #1450 on: February 07, 2019, 01:26:58 pm »

TIL Awaclus is not only town, but the whole town. What are the rest of us even doing here?

As I already said, it's much better for town if I make decisions on my own instead of letting a bunch of people of unconfirmed alignments chime in.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 07, 2019, 01:38:31 pm »

Basically two survivors who win with town, but lose if the other one is still alive.

I like it as a mechanic. Simple, elegant

In your scenario, could the cult win without town, if the rest of us are dead or converted, but they still manage to kill LL's faction?

According to hypercube, they still need to eliminate all enemies of the Radch.

The current cult-heavy discussion just reminded me of this.. I meant to go back to it, because you're missing my point.

The question was not "could the cult win with scum", it was "could the cult win on its own by eliminating (red) scum after absorbing all the remaining townies"?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1452 on: February 07, 2019, 01:49:04 pm »

Basically two survivors who win with town, but lose if the other one is still alive.

I like it as a mechanic. Simple, elegant

In your scenario, could the cult win without town, if the rest of us are dead or converted, but they still manage to kill LL's faction?

According to hypercube, they still need to eliminate all enemies of the Radch.

The current cult-heavy discussion just reminded me of this.. I meant to go back to it, because you're missing my point.

The question was not "could the cult win with scum", it was "could the cult win on its own by eliminating (red) scum after absorbing all the remaining townies"?

Ok now I understand your question.

Theoretically I guess they could.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 07, 2019, 03:01:29 pm »

Ok now I understand your question.

Theoretically I guess they could.

Okay, so if that is the case, I think Awaclus hammering Mail-mi wasn't so bad, because in theory it reduces the rate at which townies stop being townies.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 07, 2019, 03:02:38 pm »

Space count, up to #1435:

UmbrageOfSnow (1): jotheonah
jotheonah (2): UmbrageOfSnow, Awaclus
Awaclus (1): Glooble
Not Voting (4): SpaceAnemone, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, ashersky

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: February 07, 2019, 04:12:43 pm »

A few things:

—joth’s theory was super creative, but incorrect.
—this fight with Awa is distracting.
—how does no one have any useful information to share from the night phases by now?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: February 07, 2019, 04:21:35 pm »

A few things:

—joth’s theory was super creative, but incorrect.
—this fight with Awa is distracting.
—how does no one have any useful information to share from the night phases by now?

What ashersky said.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1457 on: February 07, 2019, 04:25:26 pm »

I have already shared my only piece of night phase information.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: February 07, 2019, 04:32:23 pm »

The redirection bit?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: February 07, 2019, 04:34:43 pm »

I was roleblocked last night for sure, and the night before possibly.

Scum has decided to mess with me a lot this game and I don't know why but I guess I should feel flattered.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: February 07, 2019, 04:37:35 pm »

So no one else is bothered by Awaclus's hammer yesterday? Really?

It really grinds my gears that when I SAY things that people find scummy they're all over me with the votes but when Awaclus DOES things that are scummy everybody's just "Oh, Awaclus is at it again, that loveable scamp!"
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1461 on: February 07, 2019, 04:39:11 pm »

It really grinds my gears that when I SAY things that people find scummy they're all over me with the votes but when Awaclus DOES things that are scummy everybody's just "Oh, Awaclus is at it again, that loveable scamp!"

It wasn't scummy.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1462 on: February 07, 2019, 04:39:27 pm »

The redirection bit?

That, and the fact that I got a message from faust night 2 saying one of my powers had been enhanced for one night only. Specifically, for night 2 my power would have redirected any action, including a kill. But there was no one voting for me, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:11 pm »

I was definitely bothered by the hammer when it happened, but then I mellowed out thinking it through a bit over the night.

I think Awaclus is definitely in the top half of suspects for me, but I don't want to lynch them today. At this point

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:57 pm »

Right now I just want UoS to claim

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 07, 2019, 04:47:56 pm »

UoS, if I were going to shoot you, what would your last post be?

Please announce this non-hypothetically if you're going to do it. I'd give a full claim (and I'd beg for a bit more time to actually make better last reads, but if you have another dayvig shot it would make more sense to do it about halfway through the day, not near the end of the day like on Day 1.)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 07, 2019, 04:50:01 pm »

I'm not claiming today unless I'm actually at L-1 with intent. (Or intent to dayvig, and frankly I'm not trusting it if Ash just says "Intent to dayvig" in the next post.)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 07, 2019, 04:53:44 pm »

Right now I just want UoS to claim

I'm not claiming today unless I'm actually at L-1 with intent. (Or intent to dayvig, and frankly I'm not trusting it if Ash just says "Intent to dayvig" in the next post.)

e, you know what you must do to get what you want.

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 07, 2019, 04:55:35 pm »

I don't really blame UoS for an omgus vote there
It's unhelpful to use OMGUS to refer to any time someone votes someone voting for them I think. There's something to the way Joth went after me, and the sudden jump into what looks like extreme confbias that I think is more likely to come from scum trying to push someone they decided looks vulnerable. I expect town to get that confbias feeling in a different way. It's very possible to get reads from the how of how people go after you, and that shouldn't be labeled OMGUS in my opinion.

But I really appreciate the rest of your post, like on a personal level

I don't like being referred to as a lurker lynch (and all the related stuff about "rereading" me. Robz lurked into replacement and then I replaced into a complicated game while I was probably a bit too busy for it and then the day ended 3 days earlier than I expected before I had time to get into it. The point of lynching lurkers is because you don't want them being unreadable in LYLO since they've gone all game without saying anything.

I remember a really frustrating game where faust tunneled me over less activity than usual due to real life stuff and it just really felt frustrating outside the confines of the game itself, so thanks.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 07, 2019, 04:58:46 pm »

Now maybe you don't buy that it's a slip. Fine. Forget the slip. It's nothing. But what had UoS done since subbing into this game? What votes has he made? What cases has he built or contributed to? Heck, what has he done today other than defend himself against my case? And what happens if we let him limp into LyLo without creating any information about himself at all?

And how likely do you think that is?

Also, how much have you played with Robz in the past?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1470 on: February 07, 2019, 04:59:59 pm »

Vote: UoS

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 07, 2019, 05:10:43 pm »

It's irrelevant whether or not Awaclus' hammer was pro-town or not. The question is only whether or not it makes her scum.

I think she'd have hammered there as either alignment given her play earlier in the day. The hammer should be null regardless of people's emotions about it. There might be an argument to be made about whether or not Awaclus' 3rd party hunting would be more likely to come from town or scum, but based on some memories of the past and without bothering to check, I think that's slightly towny.

Awaclus is frustrating to read, that doesn't mean she can't be correctly lynched as scum. I think it's more about looking at thought process than "X thing is scummy/anti-town."

PPE: Like this trying to force a claim for no reason. It's obnoxious, but frankly different standards apply to different players if we're trying to get good reads. I'd find it scummy if some people did it, I'm trying to figure out how I feel about e here, but from Awaclus (or like if Ash threatens to dayvig me in the next post) I'm not really surprised.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 07, 2019, 05:15:23 pm »

Now maybe you don't buy that it's a slip. Fine. Forget the slip. It's nothing. But what had UoS done since subbing into this game? What votes has he made? What cases has he built or contributed to? Heck, what has he done today other than defend himself against my case? And what happens if we let him limp into LyLo without creating any information about himself at all?

Also, how much have you played with Robz in the past?

(1) At this rate, very likely.
(2) A lot, but it's been a while.

He/him

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 07, 2019, 05:22:26 pm »

WCD: weren't you in LYLO with scum LL in Adventure Time? Do you remember if she avoided voting for her partners in that game?

Reread complete....so, yes, he voted for his scum partner Hydrad consistently on Day 2 up to and including his lynch. So, its not unlike LaLight to vote for bus his buddies. It was only a two person scum team, so once Hydrad was lynched LL was in charge of his own fate and then won the day (by lynching me at the dentist!  I am still scarred!)

And in Czech, the next game, where LL was scum again, she tried to avoid interacting with her partners. (Also LaLight is practically addicted to voting for her buddies and was trying to break that meta in Czech, while kind of hilariously lying to you about it in Adventure Time.) But in both games there's kind of an artificiality to LL's partner interactions or lack thereof and it's something that I was wanting to put some time into and didn't have time for Yesterday.

Notably, this is something I expected Joth to be looking at given he was partners with scum!LL in Czech. (I also was kind of suspecting you for not looking at this, but not so much given how you answered my question.)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 07, 2019, 05:23:18 pm »

(1) At this rate, very likely.
Based on what, exactly?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 93  All

Page created in 1.978 seconds with 20 queries.