Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274490 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1250 on: February 03, 2019, 07:21:39 pm »

Furthermore, if I'm scum, what the hell sense does it make for me to attack ashersky? Like, if I were scum, I would be scum who had built up an incredible amount of goodwill and towncred. Why the hell would I throw it away attack another player who everyone thinks is town when there was a perfectly good wagon that I was already well positioned on. My actions make absolutely no sense if you think I'm scum.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: February 03, 2019, 07:38:32 pm »

Furthermore, if I'm scum, what the hell sense does it make for me to attack ashersky? Like, if I were scum, I would be scum who had built up an incredible amount of goodwill and towncred. Why the hell would I throw it away attack another player who everyone thinks is town when there was a perfectly good wagon that I was already well positioned on. My actions make absolutely no sense if you think I'm scum.

I don't think you're scum (and maybe it's my blindspot) but I do think this ashersky crusade is misguided, a bit random, and not productive. Come join the mail-mi wagon, the water's fine!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1252 on: February 03, 2019, 07:48:02 pm »

I don't think you're scum (and maybe it's my blindspot) but I do think this ashersky crusade is misguided, a bit random, and not productive. Come join the mail-mi wagon, the water's fine!

I’m not the one who started this. Ash voted for me first.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1253 on: February 03, 2019, 08:09:57 pm »

You know what, I’m sorry for derailing the scum hunt with my attack on ash. Much like my attack on Awaclus, it was motivated more by emotion than logic. I still think the ash/e scum team is a strong possibility.  But it’s only a possibility. Like with Awaclus, I had a theory and I let myself get tunnel vision, and I let my anger toward ash for her attacks on me fuel that tunnel vision. But that’s not productive for town.

I’d rather win than be right. And this fight isn’t helping town win.

unvote

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: February 03, 2019, 08:21:27 pm »

no it's not

Okay, I'm gonna claim a little bit more. I am Eminence Ifian Wos, the priest of Amaat. Every even night, I can perform the Morning Cast, wherein I consult with Amaat about a player. The next night, Amaat will tell me the player's alignment. As I said, I targeted hypercube on N1, because I wasn't sure about her. There is one more small aspect of my role that would be actively detrimental to town to claim right now, and so I will refrain.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1255 on: February 03, 2019, 08:34:23 pm »

so not an AI then.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: February 03, 2019, 08:44:56 pm »

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: February 03, 2019, 08:52:27 pm »

Weirdly, flavor makes me believe the claim slightly more.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: February 03, 2019, 08:55:30 pm »

I still don't understand how SA and WCD have these ultimate townreads on each other. I think one of them is playing the other--and I think the evil one in the group is SA.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1259 on: February 03, 2019, 09:34:09 pm »

I'm not sure how good of an idea it is to claim flavor every time. There's the cult trying to get rid of other Anaander Mianaais, and if there's a town Anaander Mianaai, every flavor claim we make helps them narrow down the search which is not in our best interests.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1260 on: February 03, 2019, 09:34:55 pm »

Can I just say one more thing and then I promise I’ll shut up about ash? If ash and Awaclus are both town, I think their play style is anti-town and unproductive. It might goad scum into revealing themselves sometimes but it’s just as likely to goad town players into starting pointless fights with them that distract from the real analysis and lead to town lynches.

He/ Him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1261 on: February 03, 2019, 09:37:15 pm »

Can I just say one more thing and then I promise I’ll shut up about ash? If ash and Awaclus are both town, I think their play style is anti-town and unproductive. It might goad scum into revealing themselves sometimes but it’s just as likely to goad town players into starting pointless fights with them that distract from the real analysis and lead to town lynches.

My style is pro-town and productive, and so is ashersky's (at least when he's town).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 03, 2019, 11:33:44 pm »

One other point regarding Glooble. Only scum can be so utterly “convinced” as she seems to be. Scum often forget to add the fake self-doubt to their fake reads.

Wow, well you seem awfully convinced that I’m scum. If we apply your own logic to you you don’t come out looking so good.

I would suggest you reread my posts.  I specifically wrote that I could be wrong, anticipating that I would make this argument against you. And also because I’m not infallible at all.

You (until a few posts ago) seemed to not want to accept that you could be wrong about me.

As for the suicide pact plan, of course it’s terrible for town if we are both town. But it’s great if I’m right (or if you were right).  So it isn’t fair to just write it off as bad without considering that. Take how confident you may are about being right and factor that in.

Anyway, you declined, so moving on from that.  Thoughts on the mail-mi claim?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 03, 2019, 11:34:53 pm »

And if it isn’t clear, I clearly can’t shoot today. Multiple day vig shots is powerful, so they are tempered (too much in my mod opinion, but I just want to take more actions).

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 04, 2019, 01:13:43 am »

Vote Count 3.4

jotheonah (1): Awaclus
mail-mi (4): Haddock, SpaceAnemonae, WestCoastDidds, jotheonah
SpaceAnemone (1): mail-mi
Glooble (1): ashersky
WestCoastDidds (1): 2.71828.....

Not Voting (2): UmbrageOfSnow, Glooble

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 3 ends on February 07, 2019, 01:00:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 04, 2019, 01:28:30 am »

no it's not

Okay, I'm gonna claim a little bit more. I am Eminence Ifian Wos, the priest of Amaat. Every even night, I can perform the Morning Cast, wherein I consult with Amaat about a player. The next night, Amaat will tell me the player's alignment. As I said, I targeted hypercube on N1, because I wasn't sure about her. There is one more small aspect of my role that would be actively detrimental to town to claim right now, and so I will refrain.

Excuse me, I misspoke here. Every odd night I can perform the Morning Cast, and then on even nights I get my results.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 04, 2019, 01:45:06 am »

Bleh, it's 1:45 AM and now Monday and it turns out there was this big dumb sporting event today that people who don't care about get dragged into having to sit around vaguely near without internet.

3 Days left.

I am aware of this, I can do this, I'm deeply sorry

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 04, 2019, 01:45:42 am »

I'm going to find something substantive to say while I'm useless here before I sleep, so it's not all just excuses excuses excuses

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 04, 2019, 01:55:40 am »

I think both Ash and Awaclus get more crap than they deserve because of how they present their arguments, even if I also think both are not always as pro-town as they personally think they are.

relating to Joth earlier, although I don't really want to get into this, but it's occurring to me that I didn't address it: my point was that no individual has all the information, other than the mod. Individuals don't know what the best time to do things is because they can't know the odds of other things and taking the opinions of others into account is extremely important.

Something I got into a discussion with my friend Uncleeurope about after a previous game in which he'd gotten in a fight with Awaclus I think, and maybe had argued with faust about something? was that everyone here was like me and thought there was only one correct way to play the game and it drove him nuts. And yet, we all disagree with each other about things.

It's easy to get annoyed at someone and start thinking they are scummy for everything. But then I also remember trying to lynch scum Awaclus once and it just being really infuriating because there's that element of "is it just confbias and being annoyed."

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 04, 2019, 01:56:50 am »

Haven't read all the intervening stuff, but did mail-mi explain why he claimed odd-night before and is now saying it's every night?

Like if you were worried about the night kill, just don't claim in that situation, or imply it's something weaker than it is.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 04, 2019, 02:01:02 am »

Oh, and has anyone gone back and looked at LaLight interactions in detail?

Because it seems to me like LL really likes and sometimes slips up with partner interactions, even though she's aware of it and trying to mix it up like in Czech mafia. That was what I was trying to do that first real-life day at the start of day, got too deep on and didn't have time to get through in the detail I wanted and that's part of what I keep meaning to get around to doing.

But when I replaced in, I was thinking that would be a thing I'd look for someone else looking at when they came into the day and that would be worth some serious townpoints but then it seems like it was really not the focus (although I have possibly missed it.)

Okay, things have been said, crashing

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 04, 2019, 02:04:09 am »

RMMs are not good for skimming, seriously

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 04, 2019, 02:11:24 am »

MM on L2, claimed. Any changes feelings from the wagon?

I personally feel he’s the same as before the claim.  It didn’t move the needle, so to say.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 04, 2019, 02:11:47 am »

I don't think mail-mi completing their claim is detrimental to town if it might prevent lynching town.

Like Ash said earlier about SA- better that we hear the claim now than just see it in a flip
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 04, 2019, 02:13:54 am »

Right now mail-mi is a "would lynch" for me, I just don't really prefer them.  I do think WCD's most recent reactions have been townie, so

Vote: SA
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 93  All

Page created in 1.884 seconds with 20 queries.