Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 274584 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #950 on: January 31, 2019, 09:10:05 am »

I have a whole thing I wrote yesterday but it’s on my computer and I’m on my phone. I’ll post it in a couple hours.

Anyway, vote: mail-mi
I'm going to be honest, it doesn't look very good for me. And yes the cop result is convenient but I'm not going to lie to the town. What can I do to help convince you that I am town so that we don't throw this game away?

Get lynched and flip town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #951 on: January 31, 2019, 09:11:12 am »

I'm guessing he explains it by the fact the she noticed exactly the same thing at exactly the same time because there's nothing whatsoever scummy about that realization.

We should lynch Awaclus today. She' pretty clearly trying to start this wagon on me because she went hard to defend her scum partner yesterday and now doesn't have a way to weasel out of it.

You're pretty clearly trying to start this wagon on me because you cultistslipped today and now don't have a way to weasel out of it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #952 on: January 31, 2019, 09:11:38 am »

I just want to clarify because I think I was a little angry and also trying to type on a phone in 2 degree weather. This logic is crap. If I was scum, I also would have known my flavor on day one, and if it was a character aligned with Breq in the books, I would have known scum was Breq-aligned. So my just now figuring this out doesn't mean anything about my alignment.

I have acknowledged that from the beginning. I'm not accusing you of being Breq-aligned, I'm accusing you of being non-town, non-Breq aligned and everything you have said in your defense has only been more evidence for that as far as I can tell.

So are you saying there are four factions in this game? That's a lot even for faust. Or are you saying hypercube was lying? Despite being town? Why the heck would he do that? Think about what you're proposing. It's nonsensical.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #953 on: January 31, 2019, 09:12:44 am »

We know for certain that the cult is town-aligned (mostly.) So even if you really think I'm part of the cult, lynching me is still a dumb idea.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 31, 2019, 09:13:10 am »

I have a whole thing I wrote yesterday but it’s on my computer and I’m on my phone. I’ll post it in a couple hours.

I'm going to be honest, it doesn't look very good for me. And yes the cop result is convenient but I'm not going to lie to the town. What can I do to help convince you that I am town so that we don't throw this game away?

well, that's what'll happen if you do so. Anything else?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #955 on: January 31, 2019, 09:15:21 am »

You could vote for Awaclus.

He/ Him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #956 on: January 31, 2019, 09:20:29 am »

Honestly, the case against me is super weak. I started looking for an alternative lynch at a point when LaLight's lynch was starting to look inevitable. There's no way scum would even attempt to salvage LL from my position, because that would just be uselessly drawing more attention to themselves. As a result of what I did, we got a lot more useful reactions to the entire wagon than we would have otherwise, and LaLight got lynched anyway, so the results were pro-town too.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 31, 2019, 09:24:05 am »

You could vote for Awaclus.

I am considering that. I also want to do a wagon analysis, because if the team is awaclus/mail-mi, our actions yesterday were suicide. I'm not afraid to bus and neither is awaclus (from what I remember). There is probably at least 1 partner on-wagon, maybe more.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #958 on: January 31, 2019, 09:28:05 am »

So are you saying there are four factions in this game? That's a lot even for faust. Or are you saying hypercube was lying? Despite being town? Why the heck would he do that? Think about what you're proposing. It's nonsensical.

Four factions is not unheard of for faust, and hypercube's claim is very inconclusive about how pro-town that faction is. There's probably a reason why hypercube thought that it was more pro-town for him to die than to join that alignment.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #959 on: January 31, 2019, 09:29:42 am »

Honestly, the case against me is super weak. I started looking for an alternative lynch at a point when LaLight's lynch was starting to look inevitable. There's no way scum would even attempt to salvage LL from my position, because that would just be uselessly drawing more attention to themselves. As a result of what I did, we got a lot more useful reactions to the entire wagon than we would have otherwise, and LaLight got lynched anyway, so the results were pro-town too.

It wasn't inevitable though. You nearly derailed it. And given how many powers LL had, it makes sense you'd be willing to risk additional scrutiny to keep her alive another night.

And again I ask why would hypercube have lied to us? Or are you saying faust lied to hypercube? Because that would make this a bastard game.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #960 on: January 31, 2019, 09:31:39 am »

Four factions is not unheard of for faust, and hypercube's claim is very inconclusive about how pro-town that faction is. There's probably a reason why hypercube thought that it was more pro-town for him to die than to join that alignment.

You're mischaracterizing hypercube. She thought that she, personally, had a better chance of winning if she died than if she joined the cult. Not the same assaying it was more pro-town for her to die than to join that alignment. Not the same thing at all.

He/ Him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #961 on: January 31, 2019, 09:39:37 am »

It wasn't inevitable though. You nearly derailed it. And given how many powers LL had, it makes sense you'd be willing to risk additional scrutiny to keep her alive another night.

It was inevitable, and it's such obvious Bravo Sierra to claim that I nearly derailed it, when I convinced exactly 0 people to leave the wagon and contributed exactly 0 votes to other leading wagons. What did happen though is that you and joth were looking to switch from LL to me at some point (you even actually did it) and mail-mi, who was never on the wagon in the first place, started defending LL after I was doing it, all of which was much scummier than what I did.

And again I ask why would hypercube have lied to us? Or are you saying faust lied to hypercube? Because that would make this a bastard game.

What did hypercube claim that confirms that your alignment is strictly pro-town?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #962 on: January 31, 2019, 09:47:10 am »

I don't want to derail anything, but at the same time I don't see any reason to delay this, so I'm going to claim now. I don't think this should really impact how we play out the rest of the Day anyways.

I have been targeted for an alignment change. I have decided not to accept this change, and consequently I will die at the end of the Day. I have made this decision since I am a VT, and I think that publicizing this information and dying gives me a better chance of winning than does changing my alignment.

The alignment change would transfer me to a faction which is not considered an enemy of the Radch. The win condition of this faction is for all enemies of the Radch to be eliminated, and for a certain player (whose identity I do not know) to survive. This unknown player must be the only surviving Anaander Mianaai for this faction to win. I do not know if joining the faction would make me an Anaander Mianaai, or whether multiple Anaander Mianaai of different factions currently exist.

a faction which is not considered an enemy of the Radch

There it is. Right there.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 31, 2019, 09:49:07 am »

I don't want to derail anything, but at the same time I don't see any reason to delay this, so I'm going to claim now. I don't think this should really impact how we play out the rest of the Day anyways.

I have been targeted for an alignment change. I have decided not to accept this change, and consequently I will die at the end of the Day. I have made this decision since I am a VT, and I think that publicizing this information and dying gives me a better chance of winning than does changing my alignment.

The alignment change would transfer me to a faction which is not considered an enemy of the Radch. The win condition of this faction is for all enemies of the Radch to be eliminated, and for a certain player (whose identity I do not know) to survive. This unknown player must be the only surviving Anaander Mianaai for this faction to win. I do not know if joining the faction would make me an Anaander Mianaai, or whether multiple Anaander Mianaai of different factions currently exist.

Are you claiming that you targeted hypercube? I'm confused.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #964 on: January 31, 2019, 09:55:01 am »

No, I was answering Awaclus's question:

What did hypercube claim that confirms that your alignment is strictly pro-town?

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 31, 2019, 09:55:22 am »

Ok. Tell me about all these useful reactions, guy who is deadset on voting for the person who started the wagon on scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #966 on: January 31, 2019, 09:56:02 am »

Also that's not my alignment, my alignment is actually town. But this confirms that the cult is pro-town, so even if I was part of the cult, lynching me would be a dumb move.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 31, 2019, 09:57:13 am »

So... how does the fact that "the cult leader isnt an enemy of the radch" prove that you're town, other than you claiming to be the cult leader? Let it be known that I think you're town, but this is kinda strange

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 31, 2019, 09:58:26 am »

This response is extremely predictable. Here's the thing. Sometimes scum screws up. Sometimes they go all in on a thing and it doesn't work out.

At least afterward they can always say "Scum would never [defend/bus] that hard!"

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 31, 2019, 10:02:25 am »

Bold of us to assume “Radch-aligned” = the good guys, I suppose.

Vote: Glooble

I’m confused still. The quote makes it seem like you didn’t know/realize that the words “Radch-aligned” = town.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #970 on: January 31, 2019, 10:03:52 am »

In other words, it is not considered to be LL's partners (Enemies of the Radch -aligned). It is not confirmed to be pro-town in any way.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 31, 2019, 10:04:47 am »

Bold of us to assume “Radch-aligned” = the good guys, I suppose.

Vote: Glooble

I’m confused still. The quote makes it seem like you didn’t know/realize that the words “Radch-aligned” = town.

He's talking about the flavor. We all assumed (or at least those that know the flavor assumed) that protagonists of the book = town, but because of the flip we know differently.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #972 on: January 31, 2019, 10:06:06 am »

Ok. Tell me about all these useful reactions, guy who is deadset on voting for the person who started the wagon on scum.

Here's one:

If I’m right though, should we lynch elsewhere? Try to hit real scum?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #973 on: January 31, 2019, 10:06:49 am »

So... how does the fact that "the cult leader isnt an enemy of the radch" prove that you're town, other than you claiming to be the cult leader? Let it be known that I think you're town, but this is kinda strange

If I'm not town (I am, but this is a thought experiment) there are 3 options:

1. I'm part of the cult. If true, I have no reason to lie about it since the cult is basically town-aligned. Also, it doesn't matter.

2. I'm part of LaLight's faction, and I'm a brilliant mastermind who decided to bus her partner when there was no wagon on her and very little suspicion on her. jk, that wouldn't make me a brilliant mastermind, that would make me an idiot

3. There's another scum faction which we've hitherto heard nothing about. If this is the case, why have we had at most one kill per night? Is it a scum faction with no night kill?

PPE: The town wins when all enemies of the radch have been eliminated. Ergo, we don't have to eliminate the cult to win. And they want to help us eliminate the enemies of the radch. So why fight them?

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 31, 2019, 10:09:01 am »

Ah, I see, it was a hypothetical. Gotcha.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 93  All

Page created in 2.627 seconds with 20 queries.