Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269966 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #925 on: January 31, 2019, 06:33:13 am »

faust is that one less than usual or one les than yesterday (and therefore two less than usual)?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #926 on: January 31, 2019, 06:48:04 am »

Bold of us to assume “Radch-aligned” = the good guys, I suppose.

Vote: Glooble
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:10 am »

Hooray!! LL was scum!

Losing a jailkeeper is tough. Pour one out for Swan. And for Hyper. You will be missed. I definitely town read Swan, so I’m glad my sense of things was right, but I wasn’t expecting him to get whacked. I guess that is the nature of the NK. Le sigh...

It took me awhile to wrap my mind around Breq being a baddie, but it makes some sense. She’s the one trying to change things. Breq was the the main protagonist, so her death is a big win. Yeah us!

I’m in Omaha for work today. I won’t be around at all, but I’m flying back to warmer places tomorrow and will be more available en route. For anyone else in the band of the polar vortex, stay warm friends.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 31, 2019, 06:59:14 am »

faust is that one less than usual or one les than yesterday (and therefore two less than usual)?
One less than she would otherwise.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 31, 2019, 07:07:23 am »

I have a whole thing I wrote yesterday but it’s on my computer and I’m on my phone. I’ll post it in a couple hours.

Anyway, vote: mail-mi
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: January 31, 2019, 07:11:54 am »

Bold of us to assume “Radch-aligned” = the good guys, I suppose.

Vote: Glooble

Um, yeah.  What?

vote: Glooble
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: January 31, 2019, 07:16:28 am »

Glooble is talking about the flavor. Breq is the main good guy in the books. Faust did a funny thing with the setup.

Also Glooble STARTED the LaLight wagon, she’s super-towny right now.

Ash, you got another dayvig? If you shoot Awaclus and we lynch mail-mi I’m pretty sure we win.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: January 31, 2019, 07:20:35 am »

Here's the thing I wrote right after the lynch:

"First off, this flip explains a lot of the weird flavor stuff. We’re the bad guys.

Enemies of the Radch are the protagonists of the book, Breq is the main character. Very funny/clever on Faust’s part. That means it’s very likely the other Aanander Miannii is town-aligned.

Strong-Willed means roleblocker/redirector powers don’t work on LaLight. Ninja means they won’t be seen by a tracker. Restricted though, idk. The only thing on Mafia Scum is post restrictions. It’s possible there were things LaLight was not allowed to say. I have a vague memory that this was an issue for Breq in the books, but maybe I’m mixing it up with “A Closed and Common Orbit” which has a similar character (an AI incognito in a human body) who can’t lie.

Second, mail-mi’s claim yesterday was super-duper scummy. I didn’t see it until after the thread lock but, jeez. I’m a cop, but the only result I’ll be able to give you tomorrow is the one you already know about. How very convenient!

I’m writing this during the night, so I’m not putting a vote down because I’ll get a lot more info when the day starts, but man that claim stunk.

Finally, welcome to the game Umbrage! Looking forward to your contributions.

Oh, and let me throw in a “Yay, we caught scum!” This flip makes Glooble look especially good unless she is committing a really masterful bus that I would not expect out of her in particular or a quasi-newbie in general. It makes Awaclus and mail-mi look bad."

He/him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #933 on: January 31, 2019, 07:31:39 am »

How do you explain the post I was quoting if Glooble is town?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #934 on: January 31, 2019, 07:33:18 am »

Here's the thing I wrote right after the lynch

Paraphrased, I assume?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: January 31, 2019, 07:35:15 am »

This post is in violation of game rule 1.1:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.

As a result, jotheonah takes 1 vote less to lynch for today only.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #936 on: January 31, 2019, 07:39:57 am »

Guys, I was just pointing out that normally, in a flavored game, scum is flavored as the villains of the source material and town is flavored as the heroes. As Breq is the protagonist of the books, obviously Faust flipped that. How does pointing that out make me scummy?

Also what motivation would I, as scum, have had to start the wagon on my own partner then push it for the entire day (save one brief moment when I thought it was losing traction and switched to my next biggest scumread?)

Who, by the way, is now my biggest scumread.

vote: Awaclus

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #937 on: January 31, 2019, 07:45:04 am »

Guys, I was just pointing out that normally, in a flavored game, scum is flavored as the villains of the source material and town is flavored as the heroes. As Breq is the protagonist of the books, obviously Faust flipped that. How does pointing that out make me scummy?

If you were town, you would have noticed what your own alignment is at the start of the game, not at the start of D3. Obviously being aligned with LL would give you the same information so you probably aren't that either.

Also what motivation would I, as scum, have had to start the wagon on my own partner then push it for the entire day (save one brief moment when I thought it was losing traction and switched to my next biggest scumread?)

I didn't say you were LL's partner.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #938 on: January 31, 2019, 07:47:36 am »

My character is extremely neutral in the flavor of the books. Also, your argument would also apply if I was scum and saw I was a good guy.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #939 on: January 31, 2019, 07:49:35 am »

faust, I fail to see how joth’s Post violates that rule.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: January 31, 2019, 07:51:37 am »

This post is in violation of game rule 1.1:

1. You may not quote information (either real or fabricated) from any game-related source other than the thread you are posting in. This means no quotes from PMs and no quotes from QTs in the main thread or in another QT. Paraphrasing is acceptable. If you are unsure whether a post is legal, please ask the moderator before posting.

As a result, jotheonah takes 1 vote less to lynch for today only.

Wait what? I’m not allowed to quote a notes doc on my own computer I wrote two days ago so I wouldn’t forget my thoughts??? Appeal!

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 31, 2019, 08:01:33 am »

faust, I fail to see how joth’s Post violates that rule.
It quotes from a game-related source.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #942 on: January 31, 2019, 08:05:13 am »

That’s ridiculous. I’m going to take this to pm so I don’t clog the thread or get uncivil, and I suggest anyone else who disagrees with this action do the same.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #943 on: January 31, 2019, 08:46:35 am »

If you were town, you would have noticed what your own alignment is at the start of the game, not at the start of D3. Obviously being aligned with LL would give you the same information so you probably aren't that either.

I just want to clarify because I think I was a little angry and also trying to type on a phone in 2 degree weather. This logic is crap. If I was scum, I also would have known my flavor on day one, and if it was a character aligned with Breq in the books, I would have known scum was Breq-aligned. So my just now figuring this out doesn't mean anything about my alignment.

I can flavor-claim if people want me to, but suffice it to say my character in the books is one who does not explicitly help either side of the conflict, therefor I had no way of knowing, from my own alignment, that anything was off.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #944 on: January 31, 2019, 08:54:27 am »

How do you explain the post I was quoting if Glooble is town?

I'm guessing he explains it by the fact the she noticed exactly the same thing at exactly the same time because there's nothing whatsoever scummy about that realization.

We should lynch Awaclus today. She' pretty clearly trying to start this wagon on me because she went hard to defend her scum partner yesterday and now doesn't have a way to weasel out of it.

He/ Him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: January 31, 2019, 09:00:03 am »

You know, I was already hated. I can be double hated. It’s NBD since I’m not today’s lynch anyway. I guess I’ll know for next time to just copy and paste without saying anything.

Let’s talk about how crazy scummy mail-mi’s cop claim was.

If mail-mi is town, that claim makes no sense. He’s basically saying “kill me, scum, you have plenty of time because it takes forever for me to get results”. A real cop would have kept it to himself, especially because he wasn’t even under much pressure and had no useful results to give us.

If mail-mi is scum, then the claim is great. All the “better not lynch me” of a cop with none of the “I have to actually give a result”. The only thing wrong with it is it’s too obvious. But one thing I learned from the last game is that sometimes, scum just screws up.

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #946 on: January 31, 2019, 09:02:24 am »

Yeah at this point I'm like 75% sure its Awaclus and mail-mi but I'm like 95% sure its Awaclus and someone.

He/ Him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 31, 2019, 09:06:22 am »

I have a whole thing I wrote yesterday but it’s on my computer and I’m on my phone. I’ll post it in a couple hours.

Anyway, vote: mail-mi
I'm going to be honest, it doesn't look very good for me. And yes the cop result is convenient but I'm not going to lie to the town. What can I do to help convince you that I am town so that we don't throw this game away?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 31, 2019, 09:07:16 am »

You know, I was already hated. I can be double hated. It’s NBD since I’m not today’s lynch anyway. I guess I’ll know for next time to just copy and paste without saying anything.

Let’s talk about how crazy scummy mail-mi’s cop claim was.

If mail-mi is town, that claim makes no sense. He’s basically saying “kill me, scum, you have plenty of time because it takes forever for me to get results”. A real cop would have kept it to himself, especially because he wasn’t even under much pressure and had no useful results to give us.

If mail-mi is scum, then the claim is great. All the “better not lynch me” of a cop with none of the “I have to actually give a result”. The only thing wrong with it is it’s too obvious. But one thing I learned from the last game is that sometimes, scum just screws up.

There is more to my role and that is all I will say about this right now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #949 on: January 31, 2019, 09:08:44 am »

I just want to clarify because I think I was a little angry and also trying to type on a phone in 2 degree weather. This logic is crap. If I was scum, I also would have known my flavor on day one, and if it was a character aligned with Breq in the books, I would have known scum was Breq-aligned. So my just now figuring this out doesn't mean anything about my alignment.

I have acknowledged that from the beginning. I'm not accusing you of being Breq-aligned, I'm accusing you of being non-town, non-Breq aligned and everything you have said in your defense has only been more evidence for that as far as I can tell.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.