Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 270016 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2019, 05:33:14 am »

re you even aware of the kinds of things these Ashersky-plans of his tend to involve?

They tend to involve scum losing, even if he himself is scum. (See villager mafia)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2019, 05:37:16 am »

2) people who state they are waiting for said plan are attempting to be artificially townie, and thus are scummy

I can buy into this. vote: Glooble
I have sigs off.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2019, 06:36:04 am »

2) people who state they are waiting for said plan are attempting to be artificially townie, and thus are scummy

All I said was “I’m eager to hear this plan”. Nothing about waiting for it. I then proceeded to make an unrelated vote in the same post.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2019, 06:37:54 am »

(Also just moved to Germany so I am now forum time+6)

Moved as in long-term? We should have another f.ds Mafia meet-up in Berlin!

Moved as in for the next 3 years. So somewhat long term
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2019, 06:41:55 am »

All I said was “I’m eager to hear this plan”. Nothing about waiting for it. I then proceeded to make an unrelated vote in the same post.

Yeah, add hypercube's non sequitur vote on Glooble to the reasons they are scum

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2019, 06:47:02 am »

Ashersky explicitly stated he wouldn't reveal his plan until very late D1.

1) there is absolutely no reason to wait for a plan

Agreed.

vote:ashersky

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2019, 06:47:52 am »

Err, forgot the space. vote: ashersky

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2019, 06:48:30 am »

You didn't seem very convinced in your Swan vote, surrounding it with equivocation about how there's too little to go on etc.. I don't think scum would actually just sit there and refuse to do anything until Ash comes up with a plan. I've been scumreading Glooble for a little while now; she seems to be playing a very conservative game, being around without actually moving things along too much.
I have sigs off.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2019, 06:54:58 am »

I like vote: Glooble
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2019, 07:33:16 am »

So, we will all wait for after dinner and for folks to get caught up, or maybe for a Ashersky plan

So.. is it pro-town just to wait for Ash's plan? Are you even aware of the kinds of things these Ashersky-plans of his tend to involve?

Characteristic one: he announces to the thread that he has a plan, but then waits ages to post it, building expectation. In games like this, it has a very real risk of stalling all the genuine worthwhile conversation in the thread because too many people buy into the cult of the Ashersky plan and don't want to put their own effort in when they hope someone else is going to come along and do it for them.

I think it's not very pro-town of him to do the hint-and-run routine in the first place, but it's certainly not pro-town for the rest of us to let multiple comments along the lines of "let's wait for Ashersky's plan" go by and not have at least a little rant about it ;-)

(I was going to go into more characteristics of the plans, but I'm at work, and now my breakfast-coffee is over, I need to get back to analysis of real data!)

Ah, thanks for the background. I wasn't arguing that we wait for the plan...especially since I can't see how there is any utility in a "plan" at this point with all the unknowns and so few knowns. I was really more trying to summarize the line of comments in the thread that were about catching up, checking in, reading, and getting back to it after dinner-- which I found amusing because it reminded me of being a kid and getting to play outside until the streetlights came on.

I appreciate that mail-mi, hyper, and glooble are so active. Of them, vote: glooble seems the most productive current course of action.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2019, 07:38:30 am »

This wagon is me pretty obviously being pushed by hypercube to derail the wagon on her.

vote: hypercube

I was already leaning that direction anyway and now it’s looking like classic misdirection.

Still suspicious of ashersky though.

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2019, 07:49:17 am »

This wagon is me pretty obviously being pushed by hypercube to derail the wagon on her.

I was already leaning that direction anyway and now it’s looking like classic misdirection.

At the time I voted for you, E was the only person voting for me; there's nothing to derail there. It seems like you might be a bit afraid of people voting for you though!
I have sigs off.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2019, 07:52:52 am »

How are you suspicious of ashersky? Why?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2019, 08:25:33 am »

Agreed.

vote:ashersky

Please explain this post.

Cards on the table: Personally, I would rather not D1 lynch you after talking you into playing so we could have enough players to launch the game. But, in-game, I am finding you quite scummy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2019, 08:26:16 am »

Because of e’s point. Saying you have a plan but you won’t reveal it u til the end of the day seems like a good way to slow down scumhunting.

I am afraid of people voting for me for very pro-town reasons which will become clear if the wagon on me reaches that point.

He/ Him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 16, 2019, 08:26:29 am »

How are you suspicious of ashersky? Why?

Ashersky is an easy person to be suspicious of. He posts about this Grand Scheme and then not much else. Seems fairly suspicious if you aren't accustomed to ashersky play style.

Town points for Glooble

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 16, 2019, 08:34:16 am »

I am afraid of people voting for me for very pro-town reasons which will become clear if the wagon on me reaches that point.

There's some lexical ambiguity here. Are you saying you are afraid for reasons which will become clear or people are voting for you for reasons that will become clear?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2019, 08:34:50 am »

The former.

He/ Him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2019, 08:37:07 am »

This is correct. 2.7’s post before this one was scummy, but this is normal 2.7.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2019, 08:39:27 am »

There's some lexical ambiguity here. Are you saying you are afraid for reasons which will become clear or people are voting for you for reasons that will become clear?

It’s also a very nothing statement, especially in RMM. I mean, voting for a town PR is bad, so we can all say the same thing. Seems like an empty chaff discharge to me.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2019, 08:42:43 am »

The hypercube case:

1) he had the whole "I read the setup and noticed a hated/loved mechanic of some sort likely exists" post

2) then has the "if I were scum I wouldn't have pointed it out" post

3) the other wagons are all bad

And there you have it. Best of the best for D1 cases

I didn’t like something here. Not sure what.

Contents-wise, point 2 could be a thing. Depends on how noobish said player is, if scum discussed N0, and if scum has a player that is affected.  Especially with the last possibility, pointing it out via voting rule gets you town points plus protects scum who would be affected.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2019, 08:45:27 am »

It’s also a very nothing statement, especially in RMM. I mean, voting for a town PR is bad, so we can all say the same thing. Seems like an empty chaff discharge to me.

On that topic, we should talk about claims. I'm not sure it makes sense to autoclaim at R1 when everyone has a power role. I think maybe you should only claim if you think your role is exceptionally powerful? But it's also not really clear to me that the power level of roles is even knowable without more context. I certainly have no idea if mine is powerful or not.

He/him

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2019, 08:47:52 am »

Also, for the record, hating on ashersky plans is just a hipster contrarianism thing to do. As Awaclus points out subconsciously, the efficacy of ashersky plans notwithstanding, the airing of, discussion of, and sometimes demolishing of ashersky plans is always pro-town. And generally they are pro-town regardless of my own alignment.

If you want to complain about ashersky plans, the correct way is to say it has zero bearing on my alignment so I deserve no town points for them. Unfortunately, I often do get scum points if I don’t have one, so partly this is all your fault.

Separate to this, using waiting for the plan as an excuse to not otherwise engage is not an acceptable action.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2019, 08:49:23 am »

On that topic, we should talk about claims. I'm not sure it makes sense to autoclaim at R1 when everyone has a power role. I think maybe you should only claim if you think your role is exceptionally powerful? But it's also not really clear to me that the power level of roles is even knowable without more context. I certainly have no idea if mine is powerful or not.

Stock answer: Leave it up to individual players.

Better answer: generally the choice between being lynched and outing your power is an easy one to make.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2019, 08:52:23 am »

Ashersky: can you tell us why you can't reveal your plan until late day one without revealing your plan?

He/ Him

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.