Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269955 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2019, 11:59:50 am »

vote: joth
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2019, 12:02:08 pm »

Apologies all, for the not posting until now thing.  Crazy busy + sort of forgot about the game.

Caught up, not a lot of content for 8 pages of posts.  Had the same scumread on mail-mi that everyone else had. Awaclus is reading as very Awaclusian. Robz is his normal D1 snore.

I do have a plan. It’s a secret, you’ll know it when I unveil it, don’t end D1 without letting me.

My usual Day 1 snore?? Not fair, I'm really trying to impress with my new "Robz is good as town" lifestyle. I provided a few genuine reads that moved the game forward a bit, and everything! Rage Vote: Ashersky
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2019, 12:28:15 pm »

At the risk of sounding scummy given that she is my sister irl, I don't get the wagon on joth right now. He's being sarcastic and flippant, but that's just his style. All of his observations seem genuine to me.

Day one is hard, there's so little concrete to go on. I'm eager to hear ashersky's secret plan to fight inflation (have we done West Wing Mafia yet? that could be fun.)

Anyway, this little fight between DatSwan and Awaclus doesn't look great for either of them, but DatSwan comes out of it looking a little more jumpy and defensive, which is often how I feel early on as scum, so for now, vote: DatSwan

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2019, 12:39:18 pm »

The Datswan/Awaclus thing is totally null as far as town/scum reads for either of them.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2019, 12:44:38 pm »

Hypercube is a much better D1 lynch here. Because amazing D1 case is why. That I can detail later. Like after dinner.

(Also just moved to Germany so I am now forum time+6)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2019, 12:45:18 pm »

I look forward to hearing your case after dinner. Because I admit I am grasping at straws right now.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2019, 12:55:32 pm »

The Datswan/Awaclus thing is totally null as far as town/scum reads for either of them.

It feels a bit manufactured I think. I am certain that Awaclus would go around asking people to argue why they're town regardless of his alignment. Maybe he would select who he asks that question to differently, but that's a different matter. Swan doesn't agree that this is productive, and uses that as an excuse to scumread Awaclus and start a big argument that I assume most people aren't paying too much attention to. I'm not sure that it means something, but I'm not sure that it means nothing either.

I am also interested in hearing this amazing case on me.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2019, 12:59:09 pm »

unvote

Voting for Robz was kind of silly.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2019, 01:01:07 pm »

Hypercube is a much better D1 lynch here. Because amazing D1 case is why. That I can detail later. Like after dinner.

Looking forward to it
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2019, 02:09:00 pm »

Will catch up by tonight sorry for my absence so far.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2019, 05:20:04 pm »

The thing that strikes me about play so far is that there are so many unvotes. I feel like that's not normal. Why not just move your vote around if you decide you no longer like who you're voting for?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2019, 05:21:13 pm »

At the risk of sounding scummy given that she is my sister irl, I don't get the wagon on joth right now. He's being sarcastic and flippant, but that's just his style. All of his observations seem genuine to me.

Her pronouns appear to be very fluid here :-P
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2019, 05:23:46 pm »

I'm always up for an ashersky plan.

Does that mean you feel they're always pro-town? I feel like some of the ones I've observed have been of pretty questionable town utility.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2019, 05:26:26 pm »

Moved as in long-term? We should have another f.ds Mafia meet-up in Berlin!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2019, 05:39:51 pm »

About 50ish posts behind. Gotta get some work squared away, but should be caught up by tonight.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2019, 05:56:47 pm »

Hi friends-

Apologies for the absence, first day of classes and all. I'm caught up now, and continue to be rather flummoxed. The Awa/Swan conversation is funny to me, but rather null in terms of alignment. The Joth wagon doesn't seem to be based on much, but maybe that's enough... I have zero firm sense of anything, but we're only about midway through the day so maybe that's okay.

Other than the folks who have been absent thus far, the least explanation of thinking seems to be e. So, we will all wait for after dinner and for folks to get caught up, or maybe for a Ashersky plan, or some more to think about than our current conversations, because like Glooble I feel like there is nothing real going on here that's illuminating.  Maybe we need new and improved Day 1 Robz to new and improve this day!

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2019, 06:05:45 pm »

Does that mean you feel they're always pro-town? I feel like some of the ones I've observed have been of pretty questionable town utility.

Well, I don't think they're always pro-town, but they're pro-town pretty often especially because ashersky tries to make them that way even when he's scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2019, 06:10:35 pm »

The thing that strikes me about play so far is that there are so many unvotes. I feel like that's not normal. Why not just move your vote around if you decide you no longer like who you're voting for?

I vote for people if they seem scummy, and then if they seem less scummy but there’s no one else who seems especially scummy I just unvote. That’s mostly only true on Day 1 though.

He/ Him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2019, 10:06:31 pm »

Day one is hard, there's so little concrete to go on. I'm eager to hear ashersky's secret plan to fight inflation (have we done West Wing Mafia yet? that could be fun.)

Anyway, this little fight between DatSwan and Awaclus doesn't look great for either of them, but DatSwan comes out of it looking a little more jumpy and defensive, which is often how I feel early on as scum, so for now, vote: DatSwan

I was the one pointing fingers in this - how does that come off as defensicve?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2019, 10:09:06 pm »

The thing that strikes me about play so far is that there are so many unvotes. I feel like that's not normal.

I voted for Robz because I really didn't like his vote on me, honestly. Not like in an OMGUS way, but in a "there's no way Robz actually believes that scum!me would vote mail-mi the way I did, he knows me too well." But then I reread and thought about and I realized it was kind of silly. Because I've been away so long. And Robz is striking me as generally towny here. So I unvoted.

Why not just move your vote around if you decide you no longer like who you're voting for?

...Because I don't have any scumreads?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2019, 12:57:15 am »

I am going the crew of just re read again and really struggling to find jumping off points...

Love to hear the E! case or the Ashes plan plzzz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2019, 03:07:29 am »

The hypercube case:

1) he had the whole "I read the setup and noticed a hated/loved mechanic of some sort likely exists" post

2) then has the "if I were scum I wouldn't have pointed it out" post

3) the other wagons are all bad

And there you have it. Best of the best for D1 cases

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2019, 05:03:31 am »

The hypercube case:

1) he had the whole "I read the setup and noticed a hated/loved mechanic of some sort likely exists" post

2) then has the "if I were scum I wouldn't have pointed it out" post

3) the other wagons are all bad

And there you have it. Best of the best for D1 cases

Aw, I was hoping you had something creative. Town points for not overreaching, I guess.
I have sigs off.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2019, 05:27:54 am »

So, we will all wait for after dinner and for folks to get caught up, or maybe for a Ashersky plan

So.. is it pro-town just to wait for Ash's plan? Are you even aware of the kinds of things these Ashersky-plans of his tend to involve?

Characteristic one: he announces to the thread that he has a plan, but then waits ages to post it, building expectation. In games like this, it has a very real risk of stalling all the genuine worthwhile conversation in the thread because too many people buy into the cult of the Ashersky plan and don't want to put their own effort in when they hope someone else is going to come along and do it for them.

I think it's not very pro-town of him to do the hint-and-run routine in the first place, but it's certainly not pro-town for the rest of us to let multiple comments along the lines of "let's wait for Ashersky's plan" go by and not have at least a little rant about it ;-)

(I was going to go into more characteristics of the plans, but I'm at work, and now my breakfast-coffee is over, I need to get back to analysis of real data!)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2019, 05:31:38 am »

Ashersky explicitly stated he wouldn't reveal his plan until very late D1.

1) there is absolutely no reason to wait for a plan
2) people who state they are waiting for said plan are attempting to be artificially townie, and thus are scummy
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 20 queries.