Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 93  All

Author Topic: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Game over)  (Read 269832 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM51: Imperial Radch Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2019, 07:09:49 pm »

Re the Mail-mi conversation, I see a big difference between useful logistics (like working out who knows the flavour and preempting and last-minute complaints about deadline timings) and actual set-up stuff. My usual "thing" is to get very into probabilities and analysis of configurations, which I just can't do here. Am I just being too particular about my definition?
eh, I think we can just agree to disagree, though I must thank you for saying the word "logistics" as that is the word i've been looking for this whole conversation.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2019, 09:13:07 pm »

it's even in my sig line to help people remember.

To be fair, the way you have it in your sig mostly just makes it look like you modded the Pronouns: they/them mafia.

Ah, well there's my theme for next time I want to run a game :-)

Ohhhh.....With all kinds of cool gender politics! I’m in!

Mail-mi’s robust engagement with Awa is looking awfully town to me.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2019, 09:28:42 pm »

I think continuing to focus on mail-mi so much--something Joth is doing--is somewhat scummy. I've often seen mail-mi make himself into an easy target in games past, perhaps especially when town.

I agree.

vote:Robz
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2019, 09:33:10 pm »

Mail-mi’s defense did swap her over to a town read for me. But I don’t have a wagon I like better so I guess just unvote for now.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2019, 09:40:25 pm »

I think continuing to focus on mail-mi so much--something Joth is doing--is somewhat scummy. I've often seen mail-mi make himself into an easy target in games past, perhaps especially when town.

I agree.

vote:Robz

That vote doesn't count. In order for a vote to count, you have to do it with a space, like this: Vote: Robz
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2019, 09:44:54 pm »

vote: robz

Also I should clarify, when I said “I agree” I meant I agree that mail-mi is seeming townie. Not that I was being scummy! I of course was and am being extremely pro-town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2019, 10:10:09 pm »

What's up with the Robz votes?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2019, 11:50:04 pm »

What isn't up with the Robz votes?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2019, 12:45:48 am »

What isn't up with the Robz votes?

*sigh*

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2019, 01:06:51 am »

Nope I'm just trying to create conversation. I know why I'm voting for him (the main reason is wagon placement as explained) but I'm wondering why e is voting for him

A better way to create conversation would be to explain why you aren't scum.

ok now it's your turn

It's still pretty early in the game and so the only really noteworthy things I have done was voting Galz and asking you to explain why you're town, both of which are pro-town things to do.

How do you know it is pro town to vote Galz?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2019, 01:14:52 am »

Nope I'm just trying to create conversation. I know why I'm voting for him (the main reason is wagon placement as explained) but I'm wondering why e is voting for him

A better way to create conversation would be to explain why you aren't scum.

How is that possible at this point?

I wanna make it clear I am NOT white knighting Mal, but scrutinizing Awaclus.

It is Day 1, there is literally no information than the information that you know about yourself.
There haven't been any flips, claims, or even moderately large wagons.

How is one supposed to prove their town-i-ness at this point? What exactly are you expecting of them?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2019, 01:20:41 am »

someone mentioned earlier in the game that "skum just wants to make it look like they are skum hunting for credit".

asking questions like these pretty much meet that criteria imo

Vote: Awaclus
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2019, 01:54:42 am »

There was a small wagon on Galz and I made it one vote larger. That's always pro town. Are you implying that I scumslipped that Galz is my scumbuddy?

Are you even reading the thread? There have been two examples of this already, by mail-mi and me, respectively.

It is Day 1, there is literally no information than the information that you know about yourself.

How is one supposed to prove their town-i-ness at this point?

Well, I suppose it would be difficult to do unless you are actually town. Vote: DatSwan

someone mentioned earlier in the game that "skum just wants to make it look like they are skum hunting for credit".

No it doesn't, this is significantly more useful than what you are doing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2019, 02:29:37 am »

Apologies all, for the not posting until now thing.  Crazy busy + sort of forgot about the game.

Caught up, not a lot of content for 8 pages of posts.  Had the same scumread on mail-mi that everyone else had. Awaclus is reading as very Awaclusian. Robz is his normal D1 snore.

I do have a plan. It’s a secret, you’ll know it when I unveil it, don’t end D1 without letting me.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2019, 02:35:58 am »

I'm always up for an ashersky plan.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2019, 04:56:03 am »

There was a small wagon on Galz and I made it one vote larger. That's always pro town. Are you implying that I scumslipped that Galz is my scumbuddy?

Are you even reading the thread? There have been two examples of this already, by mail-mi and me, respectively.

How is one supposed to prove their town-i-ness at this point?

Well, I suppose it would be difficult to do unless you are actually town. Vote: DatSwan

No it doesn't, this is significantly more useful than what you are doing.

1) im implying that making a wagon one vote larger is not neccisarilly always pro town (especially if your meta as skum is to love the bus).

2) Reading just fine. I also do NOT think  that you, malmi, or anyone has done anything to come off as towny this far.

3) You didn’t answer my question - instead you avoided it with a random omg is Vote. Another pro town thing tho I’m sure...

4) the last time i had this conversation with you you self hammered yourself for the town loss... so I’m just gonna drop this topic.
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2019, 05:32:23 am »

vote: joth
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2019, 06:12:52 am »

1) im implying that making a wagon one vote larger is not neccisarilly always pro town (especially if your meta as skum is to love the bus).

2) Reading just fine. I also do NOT think  that you, malmi, or anyone has done anything to come off as towny this far.

3) You didn’t answer my question - instead you avoided it with a random omg is Vote. Another pro town thing tho I’m sure...

4) the last time i had this conversation with you you self hammered yourself for the town loss... so I’m just gonna drop this topic.

1) Making a wagon one vote larger is necessarily always pro town, unless the vote leads to a town lynch.

2) It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what mail-mi thinks about himself and what I think about myself.

3) I didn't answer your question because that was the second time you asked the exact same question and I already answered it in item 2.

4) That self-hammer was way better than having town give away valuable information before ultimately lynching me anyway.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2019, 07:23:29 am »

1) Making a wagon one vote larger is necessarily always pro town, unless the vote leads to a town lynch.

2) It doesn't matter what you think, it matters what mail-mi thinks about himself and what I think about myself.

3) I didn't answer your question because that was the second time you asked the exact same question and I already answered it in item 2.

4) That self-hammer was way better than having town give away valuable information before ultimately lynching me anyway.

1) how do you know that wagon was not going to lead to a town lynch?

2) incorrect

3) fair enough

4) agree to to disagree.
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2019, 07:26:24 am »

1) how do you know that wagon was not going to lead to a town lynch?

2) incorrect

1) Because we're not even close to the deadline yet.
2) No, it's correct.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2019, 08:39:54 am »

I like this line of thought. Especially in light of this:

Also I should clarify, when I said “I agree” I meant I agree that mail-mi is seeming townie. Not that I was being scummy! I of course was and am being extremely pro-town.

You can claim to be extremely town (well, you're either town or you aren't, so the extreme value there is pretty simple to determine), but calling yourself extremely pro-town at this point rings like a bad joke.
I have sigs off.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2019, 08:56:51 am »

I like this line of thought. Especially in light of this:

You can claim to be extremely town (well, you're either town or you aren't, so the extreme value there is pretty simple to determine), but calling yourself extremely pro-town at this point rings like a bad joke.

I agree with what hypercube says about Joth here. That post doesn't ring right

Also unvote hypercube is seeming townier to me. What vote count is Joth at?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2019, 08:57:03 am »

Nah, it was a good joke. I’m also very funny.

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2019, 09:06:39 am »

Also I'm extremely busy today (rl day) so don't expect much from me

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2019, 11:07:15 am »

Vote Count 1.2

Robz888 (2): Galzria, jotheonah
mail-mi (1): SpaceAnemone
jotheonah (3): Robz888, hypercube, LaLight
hypercube (1): 2.71828.....
Awaclus (1): DatSwan
DatSwan (1): Awaclus

Not Voting (4): WestCoastDidds, mcmcsalot, ashersky, Glooble, mail-mi

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends on January 20, 2019, 04:00:00 am.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 93  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.