Archive > Dominion FAQ

Playing with 8P

<< < (9/9)

crj:
Looking at my collection on BoardGameGeek, the only games published before 1990 that I go out of my way to play for reasons other than nostalgia are:

Go, Chess, Perudo, Hearts, Bridge, Acquire, Jenga, Scotland Yard, Set.

Once we reach the nineties, Wolfgang Kramer and Reiner Knizia start producing games we'd regard as modern and that stand the test of time.

GendoIkari:
Woah, I had no idea SET was that old.

greybirdofprey:

--- Quote from: Jeebus on December 26, 2018, 08:41:29 pm ---Another good one with simultaneous decisions is RoboRally. Newer editions added a timer and rules to make it a chaotic party game. But with the original rules, and a timer only if needed (just when some players are taking too long), it's a surprisingly tactical game where I have seen the good players consistently win. Of course you have to build a course that isn't too short, so that the luck will even out, so it could take a while to play.

--- End quote ---

Me and the people I play with almost always finish before the timer runs out (remember it only starts after one person has finished), and think fast enough to strategically play. The new priority system plus the player-specific decks make it much more predictable and much less random, so you can plan better and do deck-tracking. Although the time saved by the simultaneous decisions is then all taken up by the resolution phase.

I'd just use 'anything that supports 8 players and has no, simultaneous, or very fast turns'.

Sidereal Confluence would be a good example of a strategic game that supports high player counts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version