Archive > Dominion: Renaissance Previews

Secret History discussion thread

<< < (4/4)

markus:
I've already had a case when I felt that Citadel was a downside, because I couldn't play my trasher only once.

greybirdofprey:

--- Quote from: ipofanes on November 15, 2018, 03:03:30 am ---Indeed, at the moment Cathedral is the only Project with a downside to it. My point was that one could nerf Project effects with an end-of-game penalty, if one would want to nerf them. At the moment, the exploration space of Projects is large enough that you can do without this complexity. But the discussion was over the reason why there are no $2 projects. The reason was that they would be as pointless as the decision whether to use Basilica. But cheap projects are conceivable if there is another downside to them.

--- End quote ---

*cue naming all the edge cases where some of the non-optional projects hurt you*
Although Canal definitely hurts your trash-for-benefits.

Gherald:

--- Quote from: markus on November 15, 2018, 12:02:45 pm ---I've already had a case when I felt that Citadel was a downside, because I couldn't play my trasher only once.

--- End quote ---
During the previews I managed to draw a hand of 2 provinces and 3 duchies with a Ghosted Priest and Citadel in play...

ipofanes:

--- Quote from: Gherald on November 17, 2018, 09:32:07 pm ---
--- Quote from: markus on November 15, 2018, 12:02:45 pm ---I've already had a case when I felt that Citadel was a downside, because I couldn't play my trasher only once.

--- End quote ---
During the previews I managed to draw a hand of 2 provinces and 3 duchies with a Ghosted Priest and Citadel in play...

--- End quote ---

If I am not mistaken this compacts three Duchies into a Province at a VP loss, which is a bit like Bishoping Provinces.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version