Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M119: Towny Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 143096 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M119: Towny Mafia (D1!)
« Reply #325 on: November 01, 2018, 03:35:34 am »

I do!

Sharing it might convince me to move my vote elsewhere.

Vote: Awaclus

not his town meta to convince people to be productive and share info.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 01, 2018, 03:38:58 am »

Honestly I've been busy and don't get super thrilled by D1 anyway.
It's a lot of mostly random chatter and some terrible lynch cases. And right near the end of the day, a lynch will get scrambled together.
In this setup, D2 is likely to be similar too
If you're going to be as lurky on D2 as well, we might as well lynch you now.
Not what I'm saying. I'm saying I enjoy D1 randomness less than some people e.g. you, seem to
Especially as there doesn't seem to be much setup talk in this setup either
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 01, 2018, 04:17:00 am »

I do!

Sharing it might convince me to move my vote elsewhere.

Vote: Awaclus

It is totally Awaclus's meta to ask people to explain why they are town. He does it all the time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 01, 2018, 04:19:02 am »

And anyway voting people because they deviate from their meta isn't the best way to find scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 01, 2018, 04:30:59 am »

Anyway I think the WCD wagon could use more momentum at this point.

Let's look at this post:

Fang, mcmc, and Awaclus seem townie to me.

With regard to the reason for fluff...I think it depends on who it is and where we are at in the day. I’m know I’m fluffy, but primarily because I appreciate the human part of the game play and I find that I am much better at reading folks when I have a sense of who they are. I’m exactly the opposite of the analytical folks in that way, I guess.

I like pps’s explanation of voting for him because he might have bad reads is asinine, but all the rest of that post is rather more defensive than seems necessary. Especially the pro tip of what he’d do if he were scum. But it seems like he’s maybe more annoyed with EFHW than scrambling to cover his ass.

Vote: EFHW for a handful of one or two line posts but very little engagement or perspective otherwise. Although I’m not sure how much longer DatSwan and Robz get a weekend pass for not being around before it starts to look scummy.

First, the blanket town reads. Those are just rehashes of reads that other people expressed before. It does not help town to have those reads expressed, but it's a cheap way for scum to generate some safe reads on players who won't get lynched today anyway.

The EFHW vote is also terrible. Lurking is bad, but lurking is not scummy. Making it appear any other way is disingenuous.

The other relevant post is this one:

Dylan, PPS and chairs all on 3 votes. I've read the chairs stuff and I don't think he's scum. I wish he'd participate more though.

I’m not sure that the case on any of those three is especially compelling. Chairs hasn’t been around much, pps has mostly been involved in a conversation about how he reads folks an dpicked up votes for being lazy, and the votes on Dylan are odd and seem kind of random.

Faust’s explanation of the DatSwan vote is most interesting to me, but now he’s voting for Dylan instead but I’m not sure why. Swans most recent post is also about set up. Those are the kinds of things I have posted in the past because newb. Swan is way more experienced than that...a “fuming magician”, if you will.

Vote: DatSwan

I also find EFHWs hard lean into PPS somewhat scummy, but I get the sense that is maybe part of the way she plays since “tenacious” has been used as a descriptor.
"I don't find the cases compelling" is just a way to express "I don't want to look scummy by being the 4th on wagon". WCD does not have any actual reads on those people that convince her to not vote for them. Instead, she tries to start a new wagon, and hopes to lure me into it by referring to a very early D1 read that I just explained. That was not a particularly great vote by me, and it is still not a particularly good case now, and her voting DatSwan just seems like a mixture of avoiding the major wagons and trying to buddy me up.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M119: Towny Mafia (N0!)
« Reply #330 on: November 01, 2018, 05:37:39 am »

Vote count 1.5

Joseph2302 (2): SpaceAnemone, 2.71828.....
pingpongsam (1): infangthief
EFHW (3): Dylan32, mcmcsalot, WestCoastDidds
Dylan32 (1): Robz888
hypercube (2): Joseph2302, pingpongsam
WestCoastDidds (4): faust, Awaclus, EFHW, hypercube
Awaclus (1): DatSwan

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends Friday, 2nd of November, at 10am. This is in 28,5 hrs.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 01, 2018, 06:18:12 am »

As for chairs/hypercube, I don't agree with the cases made by Joseph (#129) and PPS (#238). Would you like to tell me what your case is, Awaclus?

What, exactly, do you disagree with? My case is concise, irrefutable, and targets precisely the sort of play we don't wish to see.

If I identified it correctly, your case was given as part of a reply to e:

Interesting you just weighed in on this. You don't think chairs was being quite the scummy scum for lining up the lynches and queueing faust for later since hey, he's alive, so he must be scum and then saying my case on him must be scummy because I think if we believe someone might be scum we should lynch them now instead of later?

Let me try to make it concise:
1. chairs is lining up the lynches
2. chairs says that if faust is alive after a few days he must be scum
3. chairs then said that your faust case was scummy because it's day 1 [I struggled to make your third point concise, hopefully I haven't misrepresented you too much here?]

Is that the case you are would like me to describe my disagreement about?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 01, 2018, 06:21:33 am »

And in other news, my word, what a lot to read up on since I was last here. I'm not used to having to catch up!
I'm glad I took a break, though, I was getting kind of addicted and needed to get away for a bit for my own sanity.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 01, 2018, 07:12:47 am »

The case against chairs doesn't really make sense: if he was scum why would he bother trying to get faust mislynched? There aren't any protective roles so if faust is town scum can just nightkill him. I assume chairs was just being paranoid about the possibility of scum!faust.
I have sigs off.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 01, 2018, 07:17:39 am »

The case against chairs doesn't really make sense: if he was scum why would he bother trying to get faust mislynched? There aren't any protective roles so if faust is town scum can just nightkill him. I assume chairs was just being paranoid about the possibility of scum!faust.
Nah, scums, don't listen to that guy. I'm sure you can get me mislynched D4, no need to kill me!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 01, 2018, 08:17:49 am »

Let’s quick lynch somebody.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 01, 2018, 08:19:57 am »

Less than 24 hours to deadline, wouldn't necessarily call that a quicklynch.

And sure.

Vote: Robz
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 01, 2018, 08:21:18 am »

Vote: Robz
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 01, 2018, 09:13:27 am »

Ugh says the guy with a solo vote...why don’t you comment on the wcd/efhw wagons quickly
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 01, 2018, 09:27:10 am »

Anyway I think the WCD wagon could use more momentum at this point.

"I don't find the cases compelling" is just a way to express "I don't want to look scummy by being the 4th on wagon". WCD does not have any actual reads on those people that convince her to not vote for them. Instead, she tries to start a new wagon, and hopes to lure me into it by referring to a very early D1 read that I just explained. That was not a particularly great vote by me, and it is still not a particularly good case now, and her voting DatSwan just seems like a mixture of avoiding the major wagons and trying to buddy me up.

No, " I don't find these cases compelling" means that I don't find these cases compelling. They weren't based on arguments as much as gut feels and limited information. I couldn't see a good reason to vote for those folks and tried to articulate that. I don't think that is avoiding the major wagons as much trying to vote with information instead of randomly.

I did, however, think your argument about Swan actually had some degree of utility. Not an iron-clad case, but it seems like D1 is pretty much devoid of much good information so something is better than nothing. I am not sure how that would be buddying you since 1. I get the distinct sense that you don't care much for me or how I play so I don't think you'd be open to being pals and 2. your vote was already on someone else for a less compelling reason and I did nothing to try to recruit you to my way of thinking.

If someone using arguments that you or others have made about folks as a basis for their vote is scummy, it seems like that would make just about everyone scum at some point or another.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #340 on: November 01, 2018, 09:29:51 am »

It is my town meta to convince people to be productive and share info that helps town and doesn't help scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 01, 2018, 09:35:19 am »

1. I get the distinct sense that you don't care much for me or how I play so I don't think you'd be open to being pals
I am sorry you feel that way. I certainly do not mind your playstyle, and I thought you did pretty well in the first game we played together, and from what I can tell you seem to be an enjoyable person. It's just that I think you are scum here, I have no problem whatsoever with you personally.

If someone using arguments that you or others have made about folks as a basis for their vote is scummy, it seems like that would make just about everyone scum at some point or another.
I have not said this, you have distorted what I said in order to make it look ridiculous.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 01, 2018, 09:37:06 am »

Vote: hypercube

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 01, 2018, 09:37:36 am »

Ugh says the guy with a solo vote...why don’t you comment on the wcd/efhw wagons quickly

Don’t really want to lynch either
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 01, 2018, 09:38:23 am »

You're already on there you know.

I don't assume you managed to locate my question to you in the meantime?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 01, 2018, 10:13:23 am »

I have not said this, you have distorted what I said in order to make it look ridiculous.

First, thank you for your kind words. My sense of people is not the best in this communication medium.

Second, I summarized, not distorted. The essence of your argument is that by using your reasoning to vote for Swan I was scummy, trying to buddy you, and attempting to stay off of the existing wagons. I have explained that I didn't like those wagons because they didn't seem to have good reasons, and I was not buddying you. You say that you didn't make a very good argument about Swan and since I used it to vote, that I am suspicious.  I didn't think it was the best argument, but I thought was it better than anything else out there at the time.  If this is the sum total of why you think I am scum, I do find it absurd. That I am not generally able to come up with compelling arguments on my own is a function of being newish to the game, but I do have some ability to evaluate arguments that others make. The only way that is scummy is if you are looking for reasons to think me scummy.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 01, 2018, 10:54:54 am »

The only way that is scummy is if you are looking for reasons to think me scummy.
So that means that I am scum? So why do you not vote for me?

You can of course explain this other ways than it seems to you. You can say you did not join those wagons because noone posted good reasons for them (though I would advise you that this in general should not be something to keep you from voting) Of course I cannot trust that your explanations are correct. I have explained how your action make sense for scum!WCD. Now you may know that you are not scum, but you should realize that it can be read as scummy. Calling my scumread "absurd" certainly does nothing to dissuade me from it.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 01, 2018, 11:02:58 am »

If it makes people more comfortable voting for WCD I can also make a case. It has been going decently without one so far though, and that is nice.

I love cases, they make arguing against lynches so much easier.
What's wrong with lynches?

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 01, 2018, 11:08:42 am »

You're already on there you know.

I don't assume you managed to locate my question to you in the meantime?
No what was it (please just repost- on phone and hard to search)

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 01, 2018, 11:09:11 am »

And I forgot that hypercube = chairs, definitely happy with my vote there then
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.