Archive > Dominion: Renaissance Previews

Renaissance Previews #1: Mountain Village, Priest, Seer, Scholar, Experiment

<< < (2/28) > >>

Minotaur:

--- Quote from: faust on September 24, 2018, 03:48:39 am ---Hm, that Lab variants seem not too interesting to me, but, Mountain Village, Priest, Scholar are all rather exciting.
--- End quote ---

The choice of whether to play them or save them is kind of interesting, and newer players may overlook the fact that there's even a choice to make.  Being able to line them all up with Mountain Village or even Scholar...  I think there are possibilities within this set alone, and even more so if you're just trying to set up a specific combination.

AJD:
I note that Mountain Village's disjunctive instruction—do X, but if you can't, do Y—has the same effect as "put a card from it on your deck, then +1 card." I appreciate the choice to go with the easier-to-follow instruction rather than the more concise one, especially if this is supposed to be an expansion with less complexity.

(okay same effect modulo Relic or whatever)

Asper:
I really like where this is going. Looks like the name "Renaissance" wasn't chosen on accident.

infangthief:

--- Quote from: Minotaur on September 24, 2018, 04:01:10 am ---
--- Quote from: faust on September 24, 2018, 03:48:39 am ---Hm, that Lab variants seem not too interesting to me, but, Mountain Village, Priest, Scholar are all rather exciting.
--- End quote ---

The choice of whether to play them or save them is kind of interesting, and newer players may overlook the fact that there's even a choice to make.  Being able to line them all up with Mountain Village or even Scholar...  I think there are possibilities within this set alone, and even more so if you're just trying to set up a specific combination.

--- End quote ---
Experiments look like they'd contribute well to a mega-turn.

Priest would have been exactly the same without the initial +$2, but with the other instructions swapped round, right?

markus:

--- Quote from: infangthief on September 24, 2018, 04:47:42 am ---Priest would have been exactly the same without the initial +$2, but with the other instructions swapped round, right?

--- End quote ---
Not if it's your last card in hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version