Dominion > Dominion General Discussion

Dominion Log Statistics

<< < (4/4)

AJD:
Oh gosh, I had completely forgotten this even existed! By all means, please do create a wiki page for it.

Honkeyfresh:

--- Quote from: trivialknot on July 20, 2022, 07:02:41 pm ---The Dominion Statistics are actively updated and maintained.  They're regularly referenced in Discord, where there's a dedicated chatbot command to summon a graphical summary of statistics for any card.  However, unless you're on Discord it's a tool that's easy to miss.  It should honestly have its own Dominion Wiki page.

--- End quote ---

oooh neat-o.  Thanks a bunch!  ;D 8) :P

Honkeyfresh:

--- Quote from: AJD on July 20, 2022, 07:47:16 pm ---Oh gosh, I had completely forgotten this even existed! By all means, please do create a wiki page for it.

--- End quote ---

I'm almost afraid to pan through all the slides on the onedrive link since they contain outdated info and i'd just spend hours browsing the old data b/c it's so neat.

Awaclus:

--- Quote from: Honkeyfresh on July 20, 2022, 06:33:58 pm ---wow.  How is it possible that chapel could have a negative advantage?  Might be that a lot of new players don't use it correctly (like not trashing 4 coppers e.g)

There are definitely times where raze/amulet/lookout can be just amazing and just a shitty stone in ur deck.  But chapel just seems like it's never bad.

--- End quote ---

It might be that a lot of new players don't use it correctly, but that's not the reason why the stats are like this, since they only take into account games with players with µ >= 1.9 and I don't think very many of them ever get matched against n00bs.

If we look at the up-to-date DomBot stats, it turns out that being the only player to open Chapel gives you a 49%+/-2.7% chance of winning when corrected for skill, which is to say that the disadvantage there is not statistically significant. The disadvantage from being the only player to gain Chapel, which is statistically significant at 44%+/-3.1% when corrected for skill, therefore mostly comes from games where the only player who gained Chapel gained it after the opening, which is a thing that people do as a desperate attempt to recover when they've fallen behind in thinning e.g. because their non-Chapel trasher missed the shuffle a lot or they got junked a lot or something, and it makes complete sense that they would have fewer wins in that scenario.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version