Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47  All

Author Topic: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Game Over!)  (Read 143067 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (N1)
« Reply #800 on: September 29, 2018, 05:03:35 am »

"My sister calls... Something is happening to her!" Todd ran away from the building trying to stop the nearest car.

"Todd, wait! Don't go there, I don't like where this is going..."

"What are you, kidding me?! SOMETHING HAPPENED TO HER!"

Todd was right and wrong. He was right about something happened to Amanda.

silverspawn was killed. He was Amanda Brotzman, the Universe Aligned Sick Girl. Her powers were as follows:

Your abilities:

Pararibulitis: every night one of these outcomes will happen with the same probability:

Water instead of air - You may target a player. The player will know you targeted them. If a player is not Universe-aligned, you will die.

Fire around - In the end of the night you will know flavor names of all the people who targeted you that night.

Knife instead of drumstick - In the end of the night you will get a QT with all the people who targeted you that night. The neighborhood will last only for the next day.

Barbwire tightens - Your vote doesn't count the next Day.

You will know which one you'll get in the beginning of the night.

But he was wrong about going there.

2.71828..... was killed! He was Todd Brotzman, a Universe-Aligned Holistic Assistant. His powers were as follows:

Probability Manipulator: Every night you may choose a player. If your target has any actions that are happening with some probability, they will be able to choose the outcome of their actions.

[REDACTED]

Day 3 starts now!

Vote count 3.0

Not voting (7): Galzria, SpaceAnemone, EFHW, DatSwan, Hydrad, Morgrim7, chairs

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends Saturday, 6th of October, at 5am

Thread unlocked!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D3)
« Reply #801 on: September 29, 2018, 07:26:32 am »

What about gkrieg?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 29, 2018, 07:42:55 am »

What about gkrieg?

Everything is correct.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 29, 2018, 07:49:47 am »

interesting.  For e's power, you say the player gets to pick their outcome. Does this mean they get to pick which ability they can use?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 29, 2018, 07:51:58 am »

interesting.  For e's power, you say the player gets to pick their outcome. Does this mean they get to pick which ability they can use?

Sorry, I can not answer this question. Please, specify.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 29, 2018, 08:04:40 am »

"If your target has any actions that are happening with some probability, they will be able to choose the outcome of their actions" What does the target get to choose? It seems unlikely they could pick the results of their randomly chosen action. Or is that what you mean?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 29, 2018, 08:06:47 am »

"If your target has any actions that are happening with some probability, they will be able to choose the outcome of their actions" What does the target get to choose? It seems unlikely they could pick the results of their randomly chosen action. Or is that what you mean?

Let's say you have an example action of "Do something. It's 67% you succeed, 20% you don't succeed and nothing happens, 10% you don't succeed and die, 3% you don't succeed and you die along with your target and 5 other players". If Todd would target this person, this person would choose one of 4 outcomes.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 29, 2018, 08:08:39 am »

ok, thanks

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 29, 2018, 08:34:45 am »

We've had two town deaths now that could have happened by weak hider/visitor mechanics.

Interesting news: silver targeted me N1. It led me to townread him because that clearly wasn't an NK shot he sent my way, and because I think I'm someone whose alignment town!silver would want to be sure of. I had assumed cop/tracker or somesuch, rather than just visitor, especially because Iguana's flip made it look like we had already discovered one visitor-type role, so it didn't occur to me to look for another.

Then there's this, which he posted in early D2, when he was urging us all to go back and look for breadcrumbs from Iguana:

If I had a WV power, even if it was just one of many powers, I would have breadcrumbed in some way that I was going to use it on you before actually doing so. It seems like it'd be pretty poor play not to do that.

Now we know silver's role was fractionally that of a WV, he must have breadcrumbed me in D1. Similarly, unless he had decided already before the end of D2 that he wasn't going to use any WV shot he got in N2, then he ought to have left another breadcrumb D2 as well.

Unfortunately, right now I have to go out for several hours, so my re-read will have to wait till later. It's probably worth duplicating the search across several people, though, as he suggested we should do with Iguana.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 29, 2018, 08:38:55 am »

Incidentally, this is also why I thought so little of Galz's argument about Morgrim having suspected tracker evidence about silver: I knew exactly who silver had targeted D1, and it wasn't either of the dead people.

I'm still very suspicious of both Galz, and also quite suspicious of Morgrim for conveniently vanishing and not doing anything to put the breaks on that exercise in totally unfounded speculation.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 29, 2018, 09:48:55 am »

Well silver will always just be read the opposite of what I think about him from now on. Gaming convention today and tomorrow, on less than normal, I have not vote today.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 29, 2018, 09:49:13 am »

I have no vote

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 29, 2018, 10:12:13 am »

Multiple weak visitors?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 29, 2018, 12:05:04 pm »

Sorry for completely vanishing when the world needed me most. The work project went well.

Phone posting right now so don’t expect anything too long or juicy, but here are my thoughts.

1) Galz was partially right and partially wrong - I do have a cop ability. I get two shots, one yielding the correct result and one yielding an incorrect result. I was not told which one would be the correct one though. Night one I targeted iguanaiguana because I was almost 100% sure he was town and thought that the result would tell me which cop I had left, the correct one or the incorrect one. Copping Iguana returned town, so I assumed that I had the incorrect one left. I copped silver last night, and again got a town result, which makes no sense.

2) I’m curious to know how many scum are left. Based off my cop results, something tells me that everything might not be as it seems with the alignments we’ve been getting from LaLight. Unless my copping ability is wrong or one of silver/iguana was a godfather of sorts, one of them had to be scum.

3) The info from above makes me question whether or not I can correctly make reads on who silver thought was scum yesterday based off the stuff silver said. I still think there’s a possibility that he was actually scum.

4) Galz is giving me scum vibes, as is chairs and maybe EFHW.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 29, 2018, 04:52:05 pm »

and we are back.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 29, 2018, 04:54:23 pm »

1) Galz was partially right and partially wrong - I do have a cop ability. I get two shots, one yielding the correct result and one yielding an incorrect result. I was not told which one would be the correct one though. Night one I targeted iguanaiguana because I was almost 100% sure he was town and thought that the result would tell me which cop I had left, the correct one or the incorrect one. Copping Iguana returned town, so I assumed that I had the incorrect one left. I copped silver last night, and again got a town result, which makes no sense.

so scum probably has a way to mess with results?

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 29, 2018, 04:55:03 pm »

I can't really think or many other options for what that means.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 29, 2018, 05:12:10 pm »

Multiple weak visitors?

One was half a weak hider, the other was one quarter weak visitor, apparently. That still adds up to less than a full 100% WV/WH role in the game.

We don't know for sure that any of the deaths was caused by the "weak" part of anyone's role. Though losing two players to 75%-worth of "weak" role mechanics seems very unlucky for us, if we can't find crumbs to make meaning out of the deaths. If we had just one single 100% WV person, at least we'd only have been able to lose at most one player to the role.

From the flips we've had so far, I think we probably have a "usual-ish" selection of RMM roles, but they're probably in pieces split up between the various players.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 29, 2018, 05:47:22 pm »

I have no vote

Is that specifically what is going on? It is factoring you out of the line up all together it looks like (as in it is showing only as 7 players).

Not a huge deal but I mean if there "are only 7" then it takes 4 to lynch, but if you are still there just without a vote, it takes 5.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 29, 2018, 05:50:08 pm »

NVM - GK not listed but it clearly says "with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch".
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 29, 2018, 06:02:32 pm »

Re Direction? But idk why skum would re-direct onto one of their own?
real good. That’s how

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 29, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »

That, or there’s something about the cop ability I have that I don’t know about. It is an odd coincidence that both times I copped someone, that person died the next morning. I really hope that I have nothing to do with that.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 29, 2018, 07:37:41 pm »

It is an odd coincidence that both times I copped someone, that person died the next morning.

Well, yes, you said it, but I was already thinking that it's certainly convenient that both of your claimed targets are dead. Safest fakeclaim around, and has the advantage that if you're actually performing the NK, a tracker will back up your targets.

(OTOH, silver seems a less-likely NK last night, because there was already a bit of witch hunt on him, especially from gkrieg and Galz).

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 29, 2018, 07:38:32 pm »

I feel like it would be Bastard if you were told you were a cop but somehow you were a vig instead.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 29, 2018, 07:40:39 pm »

1) Galz was partially right and partially wrong

Wasn't Galz's entire case against was based around the fact that he thought you were signalling during D2 that you had an incriminating PR result on silver?

To me, that's pretty close to being fully wrong :-P
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 47  All

Page created in 2.153 seconds with 20 queries.