Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 112269 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #700 on: September 17, 2018, 05:31:59 am »

I'd like to see a vote count
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 17, 2018, 07:07:58 am »

The traitor was still alive and well...

Vote Count 2.4

LaLight (1): chairs
Hydrad (1): DatSwan
chairs (3): Hydrad, LaLight, WestCoastDidds
Uncleeurope (1): Awaclus

Not Voting (2): gkrieg, Uncleeurope

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Sep 19, 18:00 forum time. That is in 2 days and 10+ hours.

(corrected version)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:32:53 pm by silverspawn »

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 17, 2018, 07:09:32 am »

change raptor for gkrieg plz

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 17, 2018, 07:49:24 am »

I woke up with a super anti-Eddie feeling. It seems like he has spent the majority of the last few days trying to keep us spiraling under the guise of confusion. He defends Lalight, says Fangs lynch didn’t have a plan, etc but stops short of any real reads or forward momentum. I don’t see anything from what’s he’s said in the last few pages that is actually helpful.

Am I expecting too much? Or is that legit scum behavior?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 17, 2018, 07:55:07 am »

this is like ultrabuddying

Ha! The idea that it is possible to buddy Awa at all is funny to me. I have come to accept that Awaclus is not going to actually chat about what he is thinking, but he does respond to direct questions. So, that is what I am trying to do with him going forward.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: September 17, 2018, 07:57:57 am »

this is like ultrabuddying

Ha! The idea that it is possible to buddy Awa at all is funny to me. I have come to accept that Awaclus is not going to actually chat about what he is thinking, but he does respond to direct questions. So, that is what I am trying to do with him going forward.

He was not the only one in your post though

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 17, 2018, 08:15:54 am »

For what it’s worth the last page has me utterly convinced that wcd is scum. One reason is I’m not sure vet!scum would prioritize newbie deaths - I know I wouldn’t (I would’ve killed awaclus last night, I hate your play style, sorry dude)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 17, 2018, 08:21:30 am »

For what it’s worth the last page has me utterly convinced that wcd is scum. One reason is I’m not sure vet!scum would prioritize newbie deaths - I know I wouldn’t (I would’ve killed awaclus last night, I hate your play style, sorry dude)

still you're voting me

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 17, 2018, 08:21:50 am »

weird, right

fwiw I am almost 100% sure chairs is scum

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 17, 2018, 08:24:43 am »

I also think Hydrad or Eddie is his partner

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 17, 2018, 08:25:35 am »

still you're voting me

Wait I thought I was on wcd already? vote: wcd

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #711 on: September 17, 2018, 08:47:42 am »

(I would’ve killed awaclus last night, I hate your play style, sorry dude)

It's understandable that scum would hate it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 17, 2018, 09:53:28 am »

weird, right

Agreed. And also agreed with Hydrad or Eddie as the other.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 17, 2018, 09:55:50 am »

gkrieg, do you still think I am scum? What is your stance on chairs?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 17, 2018, 10:05:25 am »

I am not sure that vet!scum would prioritize newbie deaths, rather I am more sure that there are vets who are scum because of newbie deaths. It could well be that town lynched Fang. In fact most of that wagon looks town, most of whom were looking to avoid a no lynch. I am certainly among that town group, and I think raptor/(now gkrieg) was as well, and we were the last two and ultimately deciding votes. 

But then hypercube was killed. He was a new newb. So scum definitely had some sort of reason for wanting him out, and whatever it is that led to his ouster must have been more sophisticated than I can read. That he flipped doctor was shocking to me and made me think that the scum were waaaaayyyyy smarter and tuned into the game than I am. I'd have never guessed that.

I haven't done or said anything scummy. And I am trying hard to figure out a path forward where no more town, or innocent newbs, get waxed.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 17, 2018, 11:59:40 am »

I woke up with a super anti-Eddie feeling. It seems like he has spent the majority of the last few days trying to keep us spiraling under the guise of confusion. He defends Lalight, says Fangs lynch didn’t have a plan, etc but stops short of any real reads or forward momentum. I don’t see anything from what’s he’s said in the last few pages that is actually helpful.

Am I expecting too much? Or is that legit scum behavior?

This is unfair, I was the first person to bring a case against LL, and my “defense” of him is hardly relate to because I just knew what LL’s argument was, and thought it fair to explain it because he wouldn’t be able to for awhile.

I then immediately put why I disagreed with his argument.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 17, 2018, 12:31:38 pm »

weird, right

I like this post.

I also think Hydrad or Eddie is his partner

I am not so hot about this one. But what can you do I guess
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 17, 2018, 01:24:23 pm »

change raptor for gkrieg plz

Ah, right. Thanks for pointing this out. A fixed version will be up soon.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #718 on: September 17, 2018, 01:55:20 pm »

Hi chairs, when you're next online, could you answer a question for me:
Did you intend to incite an Awaclus wagon with your very first post in this game?

I did not.

Also, vote: uncleeurope

This vote on the opposing wagon seems scummy from chairs. I would expect him to drag his feet a little bit if he were town here.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 17, 2018, 01:59:07 pm »

Apologies - There are a lot of new players and I have not mentioned it this game - Weekends are essentially almost VLA for me most of the time in regards to content. I have a chance to keep up, but feedback is limited until Sunday evening normally.

That being said - I still think the Raptor wagon is weak af, so I have been doing read through's on those who are on him.

Let's start with the skummiest of my current vibes - Hydrad:

Hydrad:

1) This is them bringing up the doctoring claim idea, directly after they say they don't see a point in looking into it at this stage of the game.

hmm. Actually I can think of a way to make sure they don't target each other. We could do something like doctor chooses to heal someone either 1/2 or 3 spots below them on the signup list. The doctor gets to choose what number to use so that way if scum kill gets blocked they don't know what one was the doctor. But it also means that doctors won't be able to both target each other.

I actually kinda like that idea now that I'm thinking about it.

2) Promoting the idea again. Also, adding in the point that the doctors need to target exactly each other seems like a skum mindset.

but this actually saves us from the case when 2 doctors heal each other which is, well, unlikely. One can still heal the other and we'll have effectively 1 heal that night in this case. Better than 0, but still... I think healing whoever seems townier is a better choice

you have to remember the a doctor can still heal another doctor. its just both doctors can't heal each other.

So we don't even lose a heal in that scenario. The only way we lose a heal is if doctors both heal the same target if we do the 1-4 way.

3) Summary of the below - Hydrad points out that if it the sign up order has all doctors and all skum within the same 4 in a row (it could actually be 5 together, just to be clear), that Skum would not in fact gain any information. This is false - by setting the rules forward that contain the cops to the pools of 4 underneath they get the reverse logic to narrow the pool - also, there is the fact that this set up COULD happen, and then Skum would have (in this particularly small chanced world) less information then they normally would.... orrrrr we just do random and there are no odds. Which is what he ended up conceding to.

I'm fine with random if thats how we want it. But I would like to point out your theory has some flaws about how it can work.

I'll just make a super basic setup.

1. doc
2. doc
3. vt
4. vt
5. vt
6. vt
7. vt
8. vt
9. scum
10. scum

so in this scum could pick numbers 5-8. lynch 7. cop 6 and kill 8.

From here, it could go down a few ways:
a) NK target dies, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned Doctor is either Player 1 or Player 10. Bad for us.
b) NK target lives, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned a Doctor must exist within Player 1 or Player 10. They don't get the kill, but still worse then random.
c) NK target dies, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum gets a kill and knows who one of the Doctors are. Worse case scenario for us.
d) NK target lives, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum doesn't get a kill, but finds the Doctor. Worse than random.

4) Why post this? I have thought about it and I cannot see how putting this out there would "help" skum. Only thing I could think of was maybe the lack of stated reads/stating you may lie about your reads early on could be used later in the game. Still though, def would assume reads lists are more valuable to skum then not having them. So, I guess this is townish?

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1

5) Agrees with Awaclus about reads list thing... and then votes Raptor for either no reason or something I am not getting.

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1

Even D2 and beyond, I think it's important to at least fabricate some of the crucial reads in your read list. Scum knowing your reads matters the most near the end game, when they're trying to decide who to keep alive for LyLo.

Old me would not believe that I would kinda agree with you here. But I'm starting to think your style is better then I first thought.

Vote: raptor

Town Points:
- Effort put into the plan and the logic behind the reasoning of it.
- I guess pointing out the thing about reads lists early in the game.

Skum Points:
- All the doctoring plan stuff - Brought it up, obviously thought it through, then in the end just admits "oh yeah random would be better".
- The Raptor vote.
- Also, there is just something about their general need to appeal to other players this game that is throwing me off.

Vote: Hydrad

Here are you saying that Hydrad is likely to come up with a bad plan and push it even when he knows it's bad.  That doesn't seem very Hydrady to me.  I don't think he would put in that much work as scum, but could be wrong.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: September 17, 2018, 02:01:05 pm »

so yeah. I would still prefer Awaclus, but Hydrad would be my second.
Just so it is said - not a fan of no-lynch.
If I cannot rally support for Awaclus or Hydrad I will vote towards the end of DL on Chairs/Raptor/Eddie if those are still the only viable wagons.

Also, for the new players, when we get close to deadline, it is generally a favorable idea to state what your availability will be at that point.

I will be here for the 6ish hours up to deadline.

Basically just picked a random quote right after his rereads for this, but I would be incredibly surprised if DatSwan was scum.  This is some solid scum hunting with decent cases put together.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 17, 2018, 02:02:35 pm »

Gkrieg please keep in mind I have been phone posting the entirety of this game basically.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 17, 2018, 02:03:46 pm »

I don't like DatSwan's reads. He particularly takes the most active players and bases his reads on them, this seems ike an easy things to do. Especially given that some of the reads are really stretched.

In other words OMGUS

I don't know if LaLight is more likely to point out his own OMGUS as town or as scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 17, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »

How did y'all lynch infangtheif!  They were so townie!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 17, 2018, 02:07:25 pm »

so we have 2 major wagons. I don't think we should switch onto Raptor anyway, so people there should move their vote.

Slightly townie actually from LaLight.  I get the weird position of seeing people vote for me when I was lurking (a generally scummy move), but knowing I'm town.  So I guess I have a slight scum read on people who wanted to stay voting Raptor D1, and have to give slight town points to LaLight to not trying to push the lurker lynch that probably would've gone through.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 20 queries.