Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 112779 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #675 on: September 16, 2018, 12:36:45 am »

Kay I’m good with a Eddie lynch if i can’t get support for Hydrad

You would go Hydrad/Me over LL? I thought you suspected him?

Also, regarding my confusion being a scum-tell. That's fair, confusion is often utilized as a method for scum to have room to squirm.

I even thought about deleting the remark from my post for that reason.

I reiterate my previous notes about if I were a scum I would have to be a moron, these drawing unnecessary attention to myself, blah blah blah...

I would probably lean towards Awa or LL currently.

Awa's little logic train of "Didds is bad, thus Eddie is bad, thus gkrieg is bad," while humorous, lacks content. I dunno, man.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 16, 2018, 02:43:30 am »

GK - Hydrad case. Thoughts? Didn't really get a response out of Raptor.

Still haven’t gotten that far in my reread.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 16, 2018, 02:55:49 am »

Also, regarding my confusion being a scum-tell. That's fair, confusion is often utilized as a method for scum to have room to squirm.

I reiterate my previous notes about if I were a scum I would have to be a moron, these drawing unnecessary attention to myself, blah blah blah...

Awa's little logic train of "Didds is bad, thus Eddie is bad, thus gkrieg is bad," while humorous, lacks content. I dunno, man.

Well, you could start by expressing why you think I am shifty.

take a moment and come up with a set of reads on players that are just your own and not echos of other players. You don't have to share them, but you need to do it. Because right now you are either skum or lazy town... either way not a bad lynch.

I do suspect LL (but I suspect LL every game)
I would prefer Hydrad over anyone at this point
IMO opinion, at this junction, the pool you Hydrad/Eddie has more info+better skum chance+chance of actually happening opposed to some random/last minute skum pushed wagon.

Pick someone other than Awaclus - who is your top skum read?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 16, 2018, 02:57:09 am »

GK - Hydrad case. Thoughts? Didn't really get a response out of Raptor.

Still haven’t gotten that far in my reread.

coolio. plenty of time. if you could lmk what you think when you get to it though
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 16, 2018, 02:58:11 am »

also, Eddie, Profile pic dude!
the potential is like endless for that handle
real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 16, 2018, 08:13:37 am »

Well, you could start by expressing why you think I am shifty.

take a moment and come up with a set of reads on players that are just your own and not echos of other players. You don't have to share them, but you need to do it. Because right now you are either skum or lazy town... either way not a bad lynch.

I do suspect LL (but I suspect LL every game)
I would prefer Hydrad over anyone at this point
IMO opinion, at this junction, the pool you Hydrad/Eddie has more info+better skum chance+chance of actually happening opposed to some random/last minute skum pushed wagon.

Pick someone other than Awaclus - who is your top skum read?

To be fair to myself here, I was asking WCD to explain herself because I was starting to suspect her because she was “echoing” people without explaining her reasoning. I literally was confirming she had reasoning at all. If the lazy town comment is me wanting to wait for another player, it’s not to use their reads as much as get enough content to read them. But I dunno what the root of that comment is.

I feel as though I have been very open about my reasonings for my reads. And you acting as though I haven’t got them at all is weird. I genuinely haven’t got a response to that. I feel like I opened up the case on LL and have a “unique” take on Awa.

And if you must know, chairs might fit into my next pick. Not only were his actions erratic yesterday, but knowing his affiliation would be good for us.

If everyone wants hydrad to die I also wouldn’t be hugely opposed to his death, but I would be slightly opposed. He sits in the middle of my list, currently.

Uncleeurope Eddie

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 16, 2018, 08:17:44 am »

sorry guys, weekends. I will get to this tomorrow.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 16, 2018, 08:51:12 am »

Iguana I can tell you my alignment: town!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #683 on: September 16, 2018, 10:29:16 am »

Awaclus, what’s your thinking on Eddie?

If you're not his scum partner, why are you that interested in my thinking on him?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #684 on: September 16, 2018, 10:31:32 am »

We don't know if WCD, Awaclus, Chairs, or Eddie are town or skum.

I know I'm town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 16, 2018, 11:10:20 am »

If you're not his scum partner, why are you that interested in my thinking on him?

I was hoping that you might share your thinking so that we can lynch scum this time. With only six town left, we need to all be on the same page, it seems.

I’m liking Eddie, Chairs and Hydrad for scum. So you, me, swan, LL, and gkrieg all need to coalesce, yes?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #686 on: September 16, 2018, 11:22:11 am »

I was hoping that you might share your thinking so that we can lynch scum this time. With only six town left, we need to all be on the same page, it seems.

Which is why it's important to make it as difficult as possible for scum to manipulate that.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 16, 2018, 12:16:28 pm »

I’m liking Eddie, Chairs and Hydrad for scum. So you, me, swan, LL, and gkrieg all need to coalesce, yes?

Well this seems manufactured. Basically saying that 2/3 scum are in a pool and that the other five are going to be assumed as town for the purpose of this little plan is giving me a weird vibe.

Very easy for a scum to throw something like this together.

Options are important, and plans like these are limiting.

I might be overthinking this, but this jumped WCD up a few slots on my list. Don’t see how a town could have the confidence to do something like this.

And yes, I would be saying this even if I wasn’t in the baddie basket.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 16, 2018, 03:10:00 pm »

Gotta have confidence at this point about something. I still think we should be looking at a vet. I don’t think newbies could have engineered the double newb town deaths.

Eddie (by the way, your profile picture is EVERYTHING!) is not as interesting to me as Chairs or Hydrad, but the confusion and lack of position reads as shifty to me. It seems to me that you are trying to keep the game from moving forward and that is not town-friendly.

I’m also interested in gkrieg to finish his read.

But I think we have to start getting a productive wagon on scum. I’m not sure we have the luxury of too many more mislynches.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 16, 2018, 06:41:59 pm »

I agree that someone needs to die today, I’m even fine with us moving forward without grief. I just find it dangerous to manufacture a system with that much rigidity.

Regarding the looking at a vet strat, I am highly uncertain.

Thief’s death reads as “unplanned” to me. Because of how late in the voting process his wagon started, I would assume there was little forethought to him being a newbie, and thus kill worthy.

I think the only way the Scum could have planned his death were if they were in the last few votes, but two newbs were the last two IIRC. Actually I think 3/5 newbies were voting for Thief.

Not saying it isn’t two vets, by the way. I just don’t think the deaths factor as much into player experience.

Uncleeurope Eddie

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 16, 2018, 06:43:58 pm »

Glad there is lots of time before the deadline. On phone now and don’t do rereads on phone.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 16, 2018, 07:21:11 pm »

I agree that someone needs to die today, I’m even fine with us moving forward without grief. I just find it dangerous to manufacture a system with that much rigidity.

Thief’s death reads as “unplanned” to me. Because of how late in the voting process his wagon started, I would assume there was little forethought to him being a newbie, and thus kill worthy.

I think the only way the Scum could have planned his death were if they were in the last few votes, but two newbs were the last two IIRC. Actually I think 3/5 newbies were voting for Thief.

Not saying it isn’t two vets, by the way. I just don’t think the deaths factor as much into player experience.

ok so this could just be me.

But I feel like you think scum really plans who to kill for the lynch. For me personally when I'm scum I'm not thinking in the night of who i'm going to lynch the next day. Basically my goals are try to not lynch my team and as long as that happens I'm happy.

Then again maybe there are other players that really plan out who they are going to lynch the next day. I'm just not one of them.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 16, 2018, 07:34:20 pm »

Vote: chairs

I’m just moving my vote off of Awaclus, but still reading and thinking, so I’m not sure it will stay here.

I’m not convinced Eddie isn’t scum, but I think it’s kind of awful for all the newbs to die first in a newb game.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 16, 2018, 07:38:25 pm »

But I feel like you think scum really plans who to kill for the lynch. For me personally when I'm scum I'm not thinking in the night of who i'm going to lynch the next day. Basically my goals are try to not lynch my team and as long as that happens I'm happy.

Then again maybe there are other players that really plan out who they are going to lynch the next day. I'm just not one of them.

That’s my whole point, actually. WCD has been implying that because two newbies died the vets are to blame, I was saying that the likelihood of Thief’s death being planned is super low.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 16, 2018, 09:07:53 pm »

That’s my whole point, actually. WCD has been implying that because two newbies died the vets are to blame, I was saying that the likelihood of Thief’s death being planned is super low.

Well, at least one vet to blame (scum) because I’m not scum and you and I are the only newbs left. So, if it’s you, you have a vet partner. If it’s not you and not me, it’s two vets.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 16, 2018, 09:11:16 pm »

Well, at least one vet to blame (scum) because I’m not scum and you and I are the only newbs left. So, if it’s you, you have a vet partner. If it’s not you and not me, it’s two vets.

Also, my argument doesn’t hinge on Fangs lynch being planned. It could have just been fortuitous that a newb has a oroductive wagon. But I am certain that the vets have been more skillful at avoiding votes and likely encouraging fangs demise either by encouraging the wagon or not showing up to allow the vet lynch (Chairs) to happen.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 17, 2018, 05:26:54 am »

I'm at work, so have time now!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 17, 2018, 05:27:48 am »

I guess gkrieg is now there yet, but if I am scum with WCD or Awaclus, why would I open the wagon on infang, if there were wagons on chairs and Eddie?

wow this is skummy lol

We don't know if WCD, Awaclus, Chairs, or Eddie are town or skum. How is this relevant?
Fang flipped Town.

Are you arguing that you should get town points because you picked to start a wagon on Town!Fang instead of unkown Chairs or Eddie?... and all that under the assumption of a potential skum partner in WCD/Awaclus?

Skum!LL would pick fang if they knew they were town.

I just don't get the point here.

Why would I open a wagon, if there were already two wagons and if I am scum, there would be one guaranteed town?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 17, 2018, 05:28:55 am »

I guess gkrieg is now there yet, but if I am scum with WCD or Awaclus, why would I open the wagon on infang, if there were wagons on chairs and Eddie?

wow this is skummy lol

We don't know if WCD, Awaclus, Chairs, or Eddie are town or skum. How is this relevant?
Fang flipped Town.

Are you arguing that you should get town points because you picked to start a wagon on Town!Fang instead of unkown Chairs or Eddie?... and all that under the assumption of a potential skum partner in WCD/Awaclus?

Skum!LL would pick fang if they knew they were town.

I just don't get the point here.

I assume his point is “why would I start a wagon on a third person when there would be a guaranteed town wagon already started?”

To which my response is, how would LL have known the thief train would have gone all the way to three station?

I dunno, I am very confused, and want Raptor’s new persona to finish up his recap just so I can attempt a read on him.

thanks

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 17, 2018, 05:30:17 am »

this is like ultrabuddying

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40  All

Page created in 2.418 seconds with 20 queries.