Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 112720 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #625 on: September 14, 2018, 02:13:45 pm »

snip

DS talking about LaLight's scummy plan is very townie.  Obviously doctors protecting each other wasn't a huge concern I don't think.  Town goes to DatSwan.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 14, 2018, 02:14:58 pm »

There are more people pushing this idea than there are scum, therefore pushing the idea is not suspicious.

This is just untrue.  Saying you have a higher likelihood of pushing the plan as scum means that pushing the plan in suspicious, it just means that for someone that suspicion is unfounded.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 14, 2018, 02:15:51 pm »

Everyone seems so nice....it’s hard to wrap my mind around the fact that two of you are plotting to kill us! Gads!

Scummy from WCD.

How’s that? It seems like the whole point of the game is to make friends and work together...but two of the new friends are out yo get us! Right?  Still, I am admittedly more overtly friendly than average folks, at least based on what I’ve seen so far. Maybe it just hasn’t been ground out of me yet... If I stick around, friendly will definitely be part of my meta. I can be the LaLight of the West!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2018, 02:17:00 pm »

If anything, vote: chairs

Here and the post before it give me a scummy read on LaLight.  Just starting to feel it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 14, 2018, 02:21:27 pm »

Good morning!  I’ve got to get to work and teach a couple of classes but I’ll have a minute after that to catch up.

I appreciate infang, hydrad, and swan laying out pros and cons of having a plan. I’m cool with no plan or a plan or whatever. It just seemed notable that the town PR canceled each other and wondered if coordination was necessary. But I’m compelled that the chances of that are minimal, at least for the time being.

LL, if I’m reading scummy, that is 100% one of your previously noted off reads. I was more enthusiastic yesterday than the last time I played because, we’ll, last time I didn’t know the game had started because newb. This time I knew it was time to go!

You’ll laugh when you read my coaching qt. It has questions like “what is copped?” I’m hoping the coach will help make me more savvy. Also, I wouldn’t need a coach at all if I was scum because I’d have a partner. In fact, that might be a reason to squint at the newbs who eschewed the opportunity.

This reasoning that you wouldn't need a coach as scum is flawed, because you wouldn't have daychat with your partner.  This townslip looks fake to me though.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 14, 2018, 02:23:37 pm »

please, don't claim not a Doctor, this gives the scum an opportunity to PoE who doctors are. Also exactly this was the thing I have done as newb!scum once, so...

I'm gonna go back to vote: Uncleeurope

This is also scummy from LaLight.  I think the team is actually WCD/LaLight, with a slight chance of it being Awaclus as one of the two.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 14, 2018, 02:25:46 pm »

in case of Eddie it is a gut feel and not liking lying town in any way, WCD seems much more enthusiastical than I remember her to be and also she asked for a coach. Chairs is scummy for putting Awaclus on L-1 and disappearing. Also Raptor is lurking and this is his scum meta iirc

I am basically -always- going to disappear after I post, as my most-available times to post are right before bed and right before I leave for work. Case in point, I'm responding to what's happened while I was sleeping and will subsequently not be on for a big chunk of time. One of the reasons I play Mafia on f.ds is due to the longer cycles leading to my availability being less of an issue, and if you don't remember times when I've still been prodded / replaced for inactivity issues then we haven't played together enough.

I firmly believe putting Awaclus on L-1 was the right move and I suspect Awaclus would agree with me, actually - a big issue on D1 is generating meaningful interactions. We have 5 IRL days left of D1, and LOOK HOW MUCH CONTENT just got generated over that! We also didn't see a hammer, which if anybody other than you had posted before you did, would have made them feel Towny to me. The fact that you think putting someone at L-1 is scummy, however, makes me consider your response neutral (not scummy - I can see why you particularly, given your meta on this forum, would have felt like this was scummy, but you did just ruin a great opportunity for a newbie scum to stumble into an early hammer).

vote: uncleeurope for basically the same reason LaLight voted for him - not a fan of the not-Doctor claim, as much as I wouldn't be a fan of a Doctor claim here.

I am sincerely sorry, I know about your general availability. It is just putting people to L-1 is really dangerous. I don't know what good would derphammer of a newbie bring. I mean it worked in NM12, but it is not that guaranteed that both lynchee and hammerer are not town. I actually think we need to be more careful concerning this

Seems to be overly concerned here.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #632 on: September 14, 2018, 02:27:36 pm »

vote: lalight I’m into it. Also I’ve been up for 30 hours SAMA

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 14, 2018, 02:27:58 pm »

I do play NMs in a very other way than other games, I try to tell everything as widely as possible, and that's what your scumread on me indicates right now. I just try to be more newbie-friendly, I guess
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 14, 2018, 02:28:24 pm »

vote: lalight I’m into it. Also I’ve been up for 30 hours SAMA

first vote on a wagon is town, huh?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 14, 2018, 02:29:10 pm »

I guess gkrieg is now there yet, but if I am scum with WCD or Awaclus, why would I open the wagon on infang, if there were wagons on chairs and Eddie?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 14, 2018, 02:29:19 pm »

I guess gkrieg is now there yet, but if I am scum with WCD or Awaclus, why would I open the wagon on infang, if there were wagons on chairs and Eddie?

*not there

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 14, 2018, 02:29:51 pm »

at night when I thought everyone will scumread me because fang flipped town, I thought of this argument, so it's kinda prepared :)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 14, 2018, 02:30:06 pm »

Also, I wouldn’t need a coach at all if I was scum because I’d have a partner. In fact, that might be a reason to squint at the newbs who eschewed the opportunity.

WestCoast, are you saying that you would have chosen 'no coach' if you had been scum?

Correct. I don’t know what the point of a coach would be if I had a partner QT to ask questions or strategize. The whole point of me having a coach is not to big down the game with my questions that are basic for Mafia players.

This post pings me as a potential scumslip... Can anyone see that?

If anything, it would be a townslip.  Scummy that you read it as a scumslip.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 14, 2018, 02:31:42 pm »

Also, I wouldn’t need a coach at all if I was scum because I’d have a partner. In fact, that might be a reason to squint at the newbs who eschewed the opportunity.

WestCoast, are you saying that you would have chosen 'no coach' if you had been scum?

Correct. I don’t know what the point of a coach would be if I had a partner QT to ask questions or strategize. The whole point of me having a coach is not to big down the game with my questions that are basic for Mafia players.

This post pings me as a potential scumslip... Can anyone see that?

If anything, it would be a townslip.  Scummy that you read it as a scumslip.

This is where confirmation bias starts

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 14, 2018, 02:34:15 pm »

what about if you were scum along with another newbie?

You caught a scumslip I was talking about!
I don't think there was a scumslip. Seemed like a very townie response to me.

Supertownie, that's me! So far my meta is that she is super townie.

Definitely not a scumslip. I hadn't thought much about if I had been scum and it had been with another newb that I might have still wanted a coach. That scenario (coach and partner) seems really complicated to me to manage (I am usually doing this on my phone so having many tabs open is hard). I have been a coach advocate since the idea was introduced. I was basing that desire off of the conversations the scum had in the previous game, which were really helpful for me to read in retrospect. As far as my coach, I like having a question-answerer and I am also liking getting to know someone in this community a little bit better without having to be suspicious of him. Iguanaiguana knows stuff, is awesome, and likes cats.

Awaclus....I can't say that I find him scummy one way or another, but I don't find him at all helpful. Which is not awesome. My vote is still on Chairs, based on his first post when he called us all scummy, which was sort of randomly assigned since it was really early on, but he has done nothing to cause me to move it. He is also not helpful. Not helpful is as close to scummy as it gets.

I find Swan helpful. LL somewhat helpful. Eddie and Fang helpful. That makes them townie for me.

Hyper, Raptor, and Hydrad....don't know.

This is a townie post from WCD.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 14, 2018, 02:34:35 pm »

I actually don't think gkrieg is scum at all, but he's just wrong. I have a different style, but it's both how I don't play as town or scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 14, 2018, 02:35:05 pm »

vote: chairs

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 14, 2018, 02:35:16 pm »

That being said they are also pretty sharp, so you should think they are skummy for not realizing the obvious error in the Doctoring plan.

I maintain that there is nothing wrong with the Doctoring plan.

So why didn't Awaclus at some point say "guys, this plan gives too much info to scum, we need to go with the softer version". Because now he is claiming that the softer plan is what he was liking all along.

LaLight had already said the softer version out loud at that point. It's not productive to repeat to scum over and over again how the doctors are going to trick them by agreeing to a plan they're not going to follow, that defeats the entire purpose of the plan.

Seems unlikely to be both him and Awaclus, however.

Very unlikely that the scum is both me and chairs. The chances are 0%.

Awaclus is scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 14, 2018, 02:37:40 pm »

Regarding me being about to die, I would like to reiterate how the whole Doctor bit from the beginning followed by me claiming #NotaDoctor is not something a sane scum would do. (Or at least something I wouldn't do, a whole lot of information that gives you, I just gave subjective facts about myself, good job me, 10/10 defense)

I play a lot of these games IRL and negative information is a key component in all of them, eliminating options for the future in a way that has no guarantee to actually be helpful is foolish. Scum would want to hold into a scenario where you all think they are a doctor until challenged, I offered it willingly, because I was trying to clarify something to town. Information I found important. (It was stupid, though, Eddie. I mean, come on) Shut up.

Basically, while all of these actions could have been taken by scum, they would be bad, but taken by ton, they are slightly less bad. (But still bad) You're not helping.

Regarding me buddying Thief, fair. I have a problem with that, I always need friends in these games, so I do that a lot as both town and scum. (More subjective facts, stop it, Eddie, surely you got something better...) Also ironic that I am concerned with WCD's friendship of me...

I am kind of concerned about the ramifications of my death. When I flip town (Good job Eddie, tell the world that scenario with so much authority that it must be true, I'm sure they'll believe you) people might start targeting LL and I don't distrust the guy, I just think he is taking this gut reaction thing a bit too far.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cube's point is slightly moot because hopefully Docs would claim before death, so anyone dying during a lynch would be pretty much scum or NT. Therefor any day lynches are "safe." But, hey, I am definitely the best townie to lynch right now. What a cheerful thought.

Okay, I'm done with the "trying and failing to explainify why I am a good guy" portion of the show. Because these bits hardly matter, don't they?

On to Awaclus, he seems completely uninterested in the voting process, just chilling with Raptor not even talking about other options, he is only in self-preservation mode. That's why I voted for him, he seems unconcerned with controlling the voting in any way, like he plans to just follow the voting around until a decision is made for him. Not a usual town behavior in my experience. (I thought you were done defending yourself?)

For this post?

I am now.

Townie post from Eddie.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 14, 2018, 02:39:19 pm »

Gkrieg is doing work. Dang
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 14, 2018, 02:39:48 pm »

Mostly thinking I hate day 1 and that I’m eager to Lynch someone.

I'm stopping my reread here for now.  Need to do work stuff.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 14, 2018, 02:40:50 pm »

that's awesome about gkrieg, because I felt like there's nothing really to talk about and kinda stalled

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 14, 2018, 02:40:57 pm »

I'm changing my idea on gkrieg/raptor. Don't think I wanna vote there atm
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 14, 2018, 02:41:16 pm »

Everyone seems so nice....it’s hard to wrap my mind around the fact that two of you are plotting to kill us! Gads!

Scummy from WCD.

How’s that? It seems like the whole point of the game is to make friends and work together...but two of the new friends are out yo get us! Right?  Still, I am admittedly more overtly friendly than average folks, at least based on what I’ve seen so far. Maybe it just hasn’t been ground out of me yet... If I stick around, friendly will definitely be part of my meta. I can be the LaLight of the West!

It may just be part of your meta, but it just reads as scummy to me based on the average meta.  Eevee does the same thing in every game he plays.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40  All

Page created in 2.051 seconds with 21 queries.