Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 112148 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #575 on: September 12, 2018, 12:40:09 pm »

LL, where did this information come from?

No. I may step on thin ice now, but i think Raptor requested replacement, so we should at least wait for someone else. This makes his inactivity NAI (not alignment indicative)

There was a post in fds Mafia Hub (and still is requesting a replacement). It doesn’t say it’s raptor specifically, but it’s 2+2, he wasn’t online for 2 or 3 days
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #576 on: September 12, 2018, 04:54:39 pm »

if WCD and another newbie

i.e. Eddie.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 12, 2018, 05:40:47 pm »

I’m here for a bit, but I doubt you are too interested in talking to me.

The only thing that concerns me about hydrad is he was willing to kill off chairs when it came down to it, but strongly against the Thief kill. I dunno, I guess I am just not putting Hydrad at the top of my current list right now.

They SAID they were willing to lynch Chairs. There is a huge lapse of time here.... like 4 IRL days with multiple hammer and defensive chances to go onto chairs. It would be one thing if they were on another viable wagon... but they were just sitting solo on Awaclus the whole time.

I get this idea suggests Hydrad!Chairs, but I want to make it clear I am not suggesting that. I am looking at it as independent pieces of the puzzle. It could of been Town vs Town and Hydrad didn't want to hammer Chairs when they had the chance because it may come back as skummy. They could of not played defense because if they knew it was town vs town they didn't need to take the risk because either way town gets lynched.... What doesn't make sense is just not doing anything. which makes me think skum!Hydrad.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 12, 2018, 06:02:59 pm »

ok. I'm here. my next 2 posts will be responding to the case.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 12, 2018, 06:13:43 pm »

going to just bold my replies to make it easier.

Apologies - There are a lot of new players and I have not mentioned it this game - Weekends are essentially almost VLA for me most of the time in regards to content. I have a chance to keep up, but feedback is limited until Sunday evening normally.

That being said - I still think the Raptor wagon is weak af, so I have been doing read through's on those who are on him.

Let's start with the skummiest of my current vibes - Hydrad:

Hydrad:

1) This is them bringing up the doctoring claim idea, directly after they say they don't see a point in looking into it at this stage of the game.

hmm. Actually I can think of a way to make sure they don't target each other. We could do something like doctor chooses to heal someone either 1/2 or 3 spots below them on the signup list. The doctor gets to choose what number to use so that way if scum kill gets blocked they don't know what one was the doctor. But it also means that doctors won't be able to both target each other.

I actually kinda like that idea now that I'm thinking about it.

This post was 5 minutes after the first post I made about how nothing could work. Basically 2 minutes to write it and like 3 thinking about it. The only thought process I really had was can I make doctors not target each other without anyone claiming.

2) Promoting the idea again. Also, adding in the point that the doctors need to target exactly each other seems like a skum mindset.

but this actually saves us from the case when 2 doctors heal each other which is, well, unlikely. One can still heal the other and we'll have effectively 1 heal that night in this case. Better than 0, but still... I think healing whoever seems townier is a better choice

you have to remember the a doctor can still heal another doctor. its just both doctors can't heal each other.

So we don't even lose a heal in that scenario. The only way we lose a heal is if doctors both heal the same target if we do the 1-4 way.

I said this because Lalight seemed to have the idea that doctors are macho, which as we found out even after I posted this he still thought they were macho.

3) Summary of the below - Hydrad points out that if it the sign up order has all doctors and all skum within the same 4 in a row (it could actually be 5 together, just to be clear), that Skum would not in fact gain any information. This is false - by setting the rules forward that contain the cops to the pools of 4 underneath they get the reverse logic to narrow the pool - also, there is the fact that this set up COULD happen, and then Skum would have (in this particularly small chanced world) less information then they normally would.... orrrrr we just do random and there are no odds. Which is what he ended up conceding to.

I'm fine with random if thats how we want it. But I would like to point out your theory has some flaws about how it can work.

I'll just make a super basic setup.

1. doc
2. doc
3. vt
4. vt
5. vt
6. vt
7. vt
8. vt
9. scum
10. scum

so in this scum could pick numbers 5-8. lynch 7. cop 6 and kill 8.

From here, it could go down a few ways:
a) NK target dies, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned Doctor is either Player 1 or Player 10. Bad for us.
b) NK target lives, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned a Doctor must exist within Player 1 or Player 10. They don't get the kill, but still worse then random.
c) NK target dies, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum gets a kill and knows who one of the Doctors are. Worse case scenario for us.
d) NK target lives, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum doesn't get a kill, but finds the Doctor. Worse than random.

Basically I still wasn't thinking to hard about it but I just wanted to show that your points were making the plan worse then it actually was. Like in point A how you said that doctors are either player1 or 10 kinda thing, I wanted to show a thing that says hey its not as bad as you think. I was at this point starting to think random was better and I think I pretty quickly after that said I'm fine with random if I remember correctly. I just didn't like the fact that it seemed like you cherry picked the worst case options. But ya I can see you this one is a bit weird, I don't really know why I defended it like that if I didn't think it was the best way to go.

4) Why post this? I have thought about it and I cannot see how putting this out there would "help" skum. Only thing I could think of was maybe the lack of stated reads/stating you may lie about your reads early on could be used later in the game. Still though, def would assume reads lists are more valuable to skum then not having them. So, I guess this is townish?

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1

This is something I'm still trying to figure out actually. I used to play games and even on day 1 I would give an entire list of everyone grading them from 1-10 in scumminess. Then mcmc started telling me he doesn't think that list that early is useful and just is giving scum better ideas on who they could push next day and I might help them. I didn't agree with him at first but I think i'm starting to slowly agree with this thought process. And I said awaclus would like it too because I think he really supports this theory and basis some of his playstyle around it.

5) Agrees with Awaclus about reads list thing... and then votes Raptor for either no reason or something I am not getting.

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1

Even D2 and beyond, I think it's important to at least fabricate some of the crucial reads in your read list. Scum knowing your reads matters the most near the end game, when they're trying to decide who to keep alive for LyLo.

Old me would not believe that I would kinda agree with you here. But I'm starting to think your style is better then I first thought.

Vote: raptor

The vote for raptor was basically a. Hey my vote isn't doing anything much right now, was kinda still an RVS vote. Wanted to move it to someone I thought was kinda scummy.

Town Points:
- Effort put into the plan and the logic behind the reasoning of it.
- I guess pointing out the thing about reads lists early in the game.

Skum Points:
- All the doctoring plan stuff - Brought it up, obviously thought it through, then in the end just admits "oh yeah random would be better".
- The Raptor vote.
- Also, there is just something about their general need to appeal to other players this game that is throwing me off.

Vote: Hydrad

ok post one done.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 12, 2018, 06:32:06 pm »

once again bolding.

Why Hydrad is probably Skum - Part II:

This is the quote that I mentioned yesterday. Randomly voting Raptor with no real reason. It is not more interesting. This post is stamped 4 days to DL.

Even D2 and beyond, I think it's important to at least fabricate some of the crucial reads in your read list. Scum knowing your reads matters the most near the end game, when they're trying to decide who to keep alive for LyLo.

Old me would not believe that I would kinda agree with you here. But I'm starting to think your style is better then I first thought.

Vote: raptor

From this point forward, they stay on Raptor - which was a dead wagon. They could of gotten on Town!Fang (which they stated a lot that they did not want to do), or they could of multiple times hammered, evened out the wagon, or helped Fang by voting Chairs (or at some points Eddie).

ok I'm actually not fully sure what posts you are talking about when you say 1.14 and stuff. sorry. So I'll do the best I can.

edit: part way through posting I realize this is vote counts.

@1.14 - Could of brought Chairs to L-1

I'm assuming this is when I said I just woke up since i see chairs is L-4 at that point. I guess I could be lying about it but I had not been able to read anything in the last 2 pages. I woke up, saw that like a page or 2 had been posted since I last checked, but would be late for work if I caught up there so I just made the quick post letting people know I would work on it

Edit: I now see this is vc1.14 so I'm just adding my thoughts. at the time I posted after vc1.14 chairs was made to L-1 before I got there. see next point for answer to why I didn't hammer.

@1.15 - Could of hammered Chairs

I'm assuming this is during my lunch break. Once again I guess you will just have to believe me. I was willing to hammer there, and I think I even said I was fine with it. Yes I realize saying is different then doing. But I noticed you hadn't had a chance to talk at all since 100ish or more posts had been made. I wanted to have the information of what you thought about this while it was happening if possible. Because as scum its much preferred to have people lynch eachother without you even having to state a read or anything on them because then people have less info on you at that point. So I wanted to hear what you thought about it so I could get a better read on you.

@1.16 - Could of brought Chairs to L-1 when the wagon was 4v4 on Chairs vs Fang

I was not able to look at this at anytime between 1.15 and 1.16

@1.17 - Same as 1.16

Same as above

@ Final VC - They have interacted for half of their posts in the whole game between 1.14 and End of Day. They could of helped their town read (Fang) multiple times but did not.

I got on about 5 minutes after the lynch went through. I know this can all be lied about and I don't really have any proof but for me I feel like I had one point where I could have voted chairs and that would have hammered him, which I would have done if I wasn't around before deadline, But I knew that I should be able to be there for deadline at least unless work somehow went super late. (which it did go 15 minutes late which has never happened before so I apologize for that since people were waiting for me at 30min before deadline and may have thought that I wouldn't make it)

Soooo. We are left with:
1) Town!Chairs, Town!Hydrad, Town!Fang - Def a possibility
2) Town!Hydrad, Town!Fang vs Skum!Chairs - Unlikely
3) Town!Chairs, Town!Fang vs Skum!Hydrad - Def a possibility

There are obv a bunch of options outside of this specific pool. So to narrow it down...

Do you think it was a town vs town wagon?
- If yes, then there is probably at least one skum off wagons
- If no, then we should lynch Hydrad/Awaclus/Chairs

Chairs narrows it down the most.
Awaclus is probably not the best lynch today.
Hydrad is the most likely to be skum.

These are your opinions and stuff so I can't really talk about these.

Vote: Hydrad

ok done.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 12, 2018, 06:51:35 pm »

Vote: chairs also.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 12, 2018, 08:18:14 pm »

I’m here for a bit, but I doubt you are too interested in talking to me.

The only thing that concerns me about hydrad is he was willing to kill off chairs when it came down to it, but strongly against the Thief kill. I dunno, I guess I am just not putting Hydrad at the top of my current list right now.

They SAID they were willing to lynch Chairs. There is a huge lapse of time here.... like 4 IRL days with multiple hammer and defensive chances to go onto chairs. It would be one thing if they were on another viable wagon... but they were just sitting solo on Awaclus the whole time.

Well it wasn’t days ago he said he would hammer, it was only a few hours before the deadline where he told WCD and I (IIRC thr only people online at that time...?) I cant quote it easily on my phone, I will try to do it when I get home)

But it was only, like, an hour and a half before, and he did nothing because the deadline  ended sooner than when he said he would hammer (last few minutes)
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 12, 2018, 08:57:18 pm »

Deadline is in 2 hours a 19 minutes.

So as long as someone comes along...

Oh shoot. I didn't realize it was that close. That's 4 for me and I'm don't 3:30. I thought I would have at least an hour or too after work. I didn't think it was that soon. Thanks for reminding me. In the case I'll at least check on my phone at like 3:30 to post a hammer if I need too. Won't have enough to do big posts but I can hammer then

This is the one where he said he’d hammer at 30 minutes to DL. And while I totally understand work keeping someone away, the result of this was me switching to fang when I came back at 20 till DL.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 12, 2018, 08:59:21 pm »

The point of which, I guess, is that while Hydrad want on the fang wagon he was still one of the folks responsible for it by virtue of not hammering chairs.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2018, 09:26:14 pm »

The point of which, I guess, is that while Hydrad want on the fang wagon he was still one of the folks responsible for it by virtue of not hammering chairs.

ya thats kinda fair. And I feel bad for that happening.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 12, 2018, 09:37:52 pm »

ya thats kinda fair. And I feel bad for that happening.

I’m continually perplexed by why I actually have to have a job and can’t just wish my way into a life of luxury. Le sigh.  That said, work is work and not always flexible.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 12, 2018, 10:50:39 pm »

@ Hydrad - responses picked up some town pts in my book. thanks.

(1.15,1.16, etc. were Vote Counts)

Can you please answer one more for me:

After checking in like multiple times and seeing the wagons - why did you not make a useful vote?
real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 12, 2018, 10:59:11 pm »

Just want to mention this for today, but because there are 8 alive and 2 scum and we require 5 votes to kill, We need a fairly unanimous town to kill a scum. Fairly obvious, just seems like something to keep in mind.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 13, 2018, 12:16:40 am »

Just want to mention this for today, but because there are 8 alive and 2 scum and we require 5 votes to kill, We need a fairly unanimous town to kill a scum. Fairly obvious, just seems like something to keep in mind.

Try not to think about it too much. Not really anything we can do about it.
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 13, 2018, 02:25:46 am »

@ Hydrad - responses picked up some town pts in my book. thanks.

(1.15,1.16, etc. were Vote Counts)

Can you please answer one more for me:

After checking in like multiple times and seeing the wagons - why did you not make a useful vote?

like I said above. When I was checking in. the person I wanted to vote was at L-1. so I would hammer if i switched my vote.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 13, 2018, 02:32:18 am »

Vote Count 2.2

Hydrad (3): DatSwan, LaLight, chairs
chairs (1): Hydrad
Awaclus (1): WestCoastDidds

Not Voting (3): Xxraptorslayer96, Uncleeurope, Awaclus

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Sep 19, 18:00 forum time. That is in 6 days and 15+ hours.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 13, 2018, 04:18:17 am »

I don't want to agree with you, Uncle, because you get all "she's buddying me" when I am not, but I also think LL is worth a second look.

I asked where LL got the info that Raptor was going to/might be replaced a post or two ago. He hasn't had a chance to answer yet.

But if LL is scum and Raptor is his scum sidekick, it would make sense that he was bothered by his absence more than the rest of us, maybe reached out to have him replaced, and also discouraged us from voting him just because he was MIA.

LL seems so town, but he's also very good at this game, so seeming town would be his jam, right? Am I being overly suspicious?

Read literally any game where I am scum. I don't seem town nowhere and always get lynched

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 13, 2018, 04:25:03 am »

I don't think it's THAT easy, but I kinda syre we will definitely lynch scum if we lynch Eddie/chairs in any order, and Hydrad/DatSwan in any order.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 13, 2018, 04:25:33 am »

I don't think it's THAT easy, but I'm kinda sure we will definitely lynch scum if we lynch Eddie/chairs in any order, and Hydrad/DatSwan in any order.

ftfm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #595 on: September 13, 2018, 04:42:46 am »

Well it's definitely not that easy because we don't get to lynch Hydrad and DatSwan in any order if Eddie and chairs are both town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 13, 2018, 04:56:34 am »

Well it's definitely not that easy because we don't get to lynch Hydrad and DatSwan in any order if Eddie and chairs are both town.

I know, that’s a problem

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 13, 2018, 09:04:46 am »

Read literally any game where I am scum. I don't seem town nowhere and always get lynched

Good morning! I feel bad that you are alone now since our Europeans got axed.

I don't have a super lot of time to read old games- see my previous post lamenting that I do not live a life of luxury, but the one I did read (Asher's Gibli game), you were scum and won!  And I would have guessed you were town at any point. I'm not making an argument here, just noting that you are good at the game and I am, apparently, easily fooled.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 13, 2018, 09:08:53 am »

so far the only person I’m giving a d2 pass to is wcd

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 13, 2018, 01:19:25 pm »

Thursdays are for offffffffice hours! Similar to the life of luxury only not nearly as comfortable and a lot more officey.

So, can someone please tell me how we should proceed. This is my first real D2 and I am not quite sure how to move forward. Any insight would be appreciated, especially if it goes beyond "lynch the scum, Didds!"

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.