Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 112499 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2018, 01:58:12 pm »

Regarding me buddying Thief, fair. I have a problem with that, I always need friends in these games, so I do that a lot as both town and scum. (More subjective facts, stop it, Eddie, surely you got something better...) Also ironic that I am concerned with WCD's friendship of me...

We all like Fang! He is chatty and funny. I’m friends with everyone, but buddies with no one. (Even the cat people.) I just didn’t find the Doctor doctor not a doctor exchange all that scummy. So,  no worries about me creeping on you.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2018, 02:12:14 pm »

So, that L-2.

I’m not reading Eddie as scummy.

But Hyper is making a different argument...that Eddie is a safer kill than other town folk.  Is that good enough? We still have lots of time.

I’m curious what others think...

i would say if you had 2 people both 40% sure you were scum but one claimed vt and one had not claimed yet I would pick the vt claim every time. even if the non claimed guy was at 45% I would still probably do vt so that scum can't find the doctors easier.

That being said. Its not to the point where just because someone claims vt we should auto lynch. I don't feel that great about the Eddie lynch atm.

Partly with his recent big post feels a bit more likely to come from town I think.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2018, 02:20:52 pm »

On to Awaclus, he seems completely uninterested in the voting process, just chilling with Raptor not even talking about other options, he is only in self-preservation mode. That's why I voted for him, he seems unconcerned with controlling the voting in any way, like he plans to just follow the voting around until a decision is made for him. Not a usual town behavior in my experience. (I thought you were done defending yourself?)

I can't really do anything useful besides defending myself while there's all this support for the wagon on me. As it stands, scum doesn't have to care about any attacks I make in their direction, because getting me mislynched is their easiest way to deal with that issue.

As far as "controlling the voting" is concerned, that's not really important for town in the early game, because realistically we don't have any idea who is scum or not. The important thing is to try to get some information out of the scum team, so that we actually have something to go by in the late game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 07, 2018, 04:03:25 pm »

Whoever is voting chairs for just making it L-1 should probably re consider. That is way too skummy of a vote on day one.
Is that what is known as WIFOM?
Putting someone at L-1 seems scummy, so surely scum wouldn't do it, so anyone who does it must be town, ha that's what they want me to think, but they might think that I'd think that, but I don't, so maybe I will...

Nah more of a risk reward thing. Most the time there is a mislynch day 1. No reason for skum to pressure push it and come ou looking skummy.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 07, 2018, 06:27:32 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Awaclus (2): DatSwan, Uncleeurope
Xxraptorslayer96 (2): Awaclus, Hydrad
chairs (2): WestCoastDidds, Xxraptorslayer96
Uncleeurope (4): LaLight, chairs, infangthief, hypercube

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 10, 18:00 forum time. That is in 2 days and 23+ hours.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 07, 2018, 06:36:34 pm »

vote: Eddie. I think he has an above-average chance of being scum. However, if he is town, by claiming VT he made it easier for scum to find the doctors and therefore he would be the least-bad mislynch.

The more I look at this the more it bothers me, resigning yourself to a mislynch, even with your statement about me being above average, all seems suspiciously like a way to justify a vote while not committing to it fully.

"Yeah, it might be a mislynch, but whatever, amirite?"

Cube, Raptor, and Awaclus are all looking strange to me, but ima switch away from Awaclus if you guys aren't feelin' my suspicion.

Vote: Cube
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2018, 06:46:50 pm »

Vote: Eddie
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 07, 2018, 06:48:08 pm »

L-1 ^^
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 07, 2018, 09:55:30 pm »

Little early to be so close to hammer yeah?

I don't see how claiming would be good here. Either VT or Doc gets claimed. Doc claim could lead to a lot of sticky situations:

1) They are doc and get lynched anyways
2) They are skum and get lynched anyways (great)
3) They are skum and do not get lynched, they will probably draw a doc shot at night to be wasted.
4) They are town and do not get lynched, and that opens up complicated CC situations.

anyone read the situation differently?
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 07, 2018, 10:42:09 pm »

CC?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 07, 2018, 10:44:19 pm »

Oh, counter-claim, right?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 07, 2018, 11:17:54 pm »

real good. That’s how

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2018, 12:06:05 am »

Hi folks sorry I’ve been out. I worked last night (hosting karaoke) and I’m out of town this weekend to visit my fiancée. Will post meaningful content soon

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2018, 01:48:37 am »

Hi folks sorry I’ve been out. I worked last night (hosting karaoke) and I’m out of town this weekend to visit my fiancée. Will post meaningful content soon

No problem.

Looks like the games stalling out a bit as we hit the weekend.

I'll say this. I totally just had an urge to hammer Eddie with no warning. But then I realized that doesn't even really help the stalling part as the day just ends. So there goes my plan. It would have been fun though.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2018, 01:53:43 am »

Just posting to say I'm here. Having a think.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2018, 02:02:18 am »

The thing I find a little unsettling about the Eddie wagon at the moment is that it mostly consists of the people I've been scumreading.
Chairs and hypercube, and then I've been on and off about Awaclus.

You know I can just imagine we have one coaching session going on where WestCoast and iguana are talking about cats... and another coaching session going on where hypercube and faust are talking about who to consider night-killing...

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2018, 02:47:05 am »

And another thing that makes me a bit uneasy is that I think if Eddie flips as Town, then we don't get an awful lot of information from the wagon - he feels like an 'easy' person to justify voting for.
Eg hypercube went for an argument along the lines of 'not very useful to town'. (And I was including a bit of that in my reasoning too.)

But an 'easy' wagon is both:
easy for scum to join without so much suspicion.
easy for the wagon to reach a lynch without scum lifting a finger.

Would you agree, hypercube?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2018, 04:47:54 am »

And another thing that makes me a bit uneasy is that I think if Eddie flips as Town, then we don't get an awful lot of information from the wagon - he feels like an 'easy' person to justify voting for.
Eg hypercube went for an argument along the lines of 'not very useful to town'. (And I was including a bit of that in my reasoning too.)

Then why not unvote? You seem to be very unsettled.
real good. That’s how

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2018, 05:34:34 am »

Wow I’m really behind. Going to try and read up tonight but it’s also 2:30 am my time so I don’t think I’ll get a meaning full post out.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2018, 05:47:29 am »

You know I can just imagine we have one coaching session going on where WestCoast and iguana are talking about cats... and another coaching session going on where hypercube and faust are talking about who to consider night-killing...

There hasn't been a lot going on in my coaching session. faust doesn't think it'd be fair for him to help me with reads (which is reasonable), so it's just for more general questions.

I think Eddie is an easy lynch mostly because he's done a few fairly scummy things. The fact that he has a lot of votes on him right now could just mean that town broadly scumreads him.

Certainly the Awaclus wagon was harder to push, which is the main reason I remain suspicious of him. I'd be fine with a Raptor lynch as well, but we'd get less information from that.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2018, 08:27:39 am »

Certainly the Awaclus wagon was harder to push, which is the main reason I remain suspicious of him.

It was so hard to push that you only got me to L-1.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2018, 08:42:36 am »

vote: hypercube the awaclus wagon was not hard to push at all

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2018, 10:41:00 am »

Shortly after chairs put Awaclus at L-1, Infang suggested the RVS voters leave the wagon, at which point the pressure on Awaclus basically dissipated. I was surprised that three votes moved off of Awaclus after that, despite him not giving much of a response. The wagon seemed to be harder to push as there was more of a case against Awaclus, which seemed odd to me.

Awaclus, how does this plan fit with your playstyle of denying scum as much information as possible?

It doesn't really give scum any information because doctors aren't obliged to follow it.

This was the only thing Awaclus posted between chairs putting Awaclus to L-1 and chairs moving his vote to Eddie (putting Awaclus at L-3). chairs, I'm curious as to why you found this convincing?
I have sigs off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 08, 2018, 11:14:43 am »

The thing I find a little unsettling about the Eddie wagon at the moment is that it mostly consists of the people I've been scumreading.
Chairs and hypercube, and then I've been on and off about Awaclus.

All this! This is my issue with the Eddie wagon as well. I didn’t find the doctor not a doctor particularly damning, although I can be convinced that he is scummy for other reasons in addition to that. But the Awa (who voted but didn’t say why) and Chairs votes, along with Hyper, are folks we haven’t heard much from. I’m also trusting LL when he says he has bad reads. A quick hammer would be super scummy, so I hope someone moves their vote for now.

Hyper’s experience with his coach matches mine. I’m voicing thoughts about my reads and iguana proves my thinking and process, and provides info about meta (is Awa always so cagey? Yes!) but isn’t telling me what he would do or what he thinks I should do, or how he reads the situation. Also, cats. And if Hyper hasn’t asked Faust about pets, he should. Awa’s tarantula preference is the most I’ve learned about him this game.

I’m interested to hear what Raptor and Chairs are thinking since they’ve been less engaged.

Also, I’m visiting friends in DC this weekend so I’ll be LA. Please don’t hammer until Monday!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 08, 2018, 11:28:36 am »

Vote Count 1.7

Awaclus (2): DatSwan, Uncleeurope
hypercube (1): chairs
Xxraptorslayer96 (1): Hydrad
chairs (2): WestCoastDidds, Xxraptorslayer96
Uncleeurope (4): LaLight, infangthief, hypercube, Awaclus

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 10, 18:00 forum time. That is in 2 days and 6+ hours.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40  All

Page created in 1.536 seconds with 20 queries.