Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 111852 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #775 on: September 17, 2018, 06:41:59 pm »

Thoughts on me slamming chairs into the dirt? Anyone?

Go ahead.

unvote

Why are you so insistent on staying off of lynch wagons?

I didn't mean to stay off of the lynch wagon yesterday, but someone got lynched while I was doing something else. In this case, I don't necessarily want to stay off of the lynch wagon, I just don't feel like voting for chairs at the moment.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #776 on: September 17, 2018, 06:42:50 pm »

Although I guess I could convince myself to feel like it if necessary. Vote: chairs
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 17, 2018, 06:43:09 pm »

Go ahead.

unvote

I didn't mean to stay off of the lynch wagon yesterday, but someone got lynched while I was doing something else. In this case, I don't necessarily want to stay off of the lynch wagon, I just don't feel like voting for chairs at the moment.

Why would you not want to vote for chairs but want to convince others to do so?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 17, 2018, 06:47:57 pm »

Chairs is not at the top of my list, I’ll tell you that. And I would 100% use that as a cop-out if he flipped town. He seems to be the favorite from everyone else, though. And I know last game I played I was t feeling the Jester kill but went with it anyway and he flipped maf, so I am willing to join the wagon if it is what town wants.

Of course I would only say that if I agreed with other people’s beliefs regarding chairs.

In response to his wagon being easy, I haven’t heard anyone be against his death, that signals to me that the scummies might be just as pushy as townies when it comes to his demise. Does that mean that he’s town? No, just that it’s weird.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 17, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »

Chairs is not at the top of my list, I’ll tell you that. And I would 100% use that as a cop-out if he flipped town. He seems to be the favorite from everyone else, though. And I know last game I played I was t feeling the Jester kill but went with it anyway and he flipped maf, so I am willing to join the wagon if it is what town wants.

Of course I would only say that if I agreed with other people’s beliefs regarding chairs.

In response to his wagon being easy, I haven’t heard anyone be against his death, that signals to me that the scummies might be just as pushy as townies when it comes to his demise. Does that mean that he’s town? No, just that it’s weird.

Doing something just because town wants it when we still have quite a bit of time before the deadline is scummy.  If chairs is not at the top of your list, make a case on why the person at the top of your list is scummier than chairs.  What do we have wrong about chairs (I have made some points in my previous posts)?

I can see why you think not having any opposition to the wagon is weird, but do you think it is more likely to happen if chairs is town or scum?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: September 17, 2018, 07:00:16 pm »

Was that hammer?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #781 on: September 17, 2018, 07:14:01 pm »

Go ahead.

unvote

Me voting for chairs doesn't tell me whether or not Eddie is willing to do so.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 17, 2018, 07:14:47 pm »

Guys i don’t see why we are doing chairs over hydrad
real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 17, 2018, 07:20:53 pm »

Doing something just because town wants it when we still have quite a bit of time before the deadline is scummy.  If chairs is not at the top of your list, make a case on why the person at the top of your list is scummier than chairs.  What do we have wrong about chairs (I have made some points in my previous posts)?

I can see why you think not having any opposition to the wagon is weird, but do you think it is more likely to happen if chairs is town or scum?

I agree, if I hammer based on popular opinion, it’d be scummy.

And my opinion on Awaclus is ignored due to his inability to play the game normally ever. (Apparently)

I could restate it again, but people don’t seem all that interested in him right now, even you called him scum but choose to trust him over certain people.

LL is my other suspect. Worst case scenario, though, a town chairs gives us more info than a town LL.

Knowing day one was a town/town split would be beneficial in knowing the significance of the vote-switches, as well as the wagon ignorers. So I see the appeal of a chairs lynch.

Uncleeurope Eddie

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 17, 2018, 07:37:19 pm »

Go ahead.

unvote

You know your answer doesn't address the actual question I asked.

vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #785 on: September 17, 2018, 07:38:29 pm »

Go ahead.

unvote

You know your answer doesn't address the actual question I asked.

vote: Awaclus

You know it does.

Vote: gkrieg

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 17, 2018, 11:49:21 pm »

I have my desktop back up and running finally :)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 18, 2018, 02:08:45 am »

this is weird

sorry just woke up I'll be here in 2-3 hrs
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 18, 2018, 03:21:30 am »

I guess gkrieg is now there yet, but if I am scum with WCD or Awaclus, why would I open the wagon on infang, if there were wagons on chairs and Eddie?

wow this is skummy lol

We don't know if WCD, Awaclus, Chairs, or Eddie are town or skum. How is this relevant?
Fang flipped Town.

Are you arguing that you should get town points because you picked to start a wagon on Town!Fang instead of unkown Chairs or Eddie?... and all that under the assumption of a potential skum partner in WCD/Awaclus?

Skum!LL would pick fang if they knew they were town.

I just don't get the point here.

Why would I open a wagon, if there were already two wagons and if I am scum, there would be one guaranteed town?

is this a joke?
I am not going to waste the space in thread explaining why diverse wagons on early days favor skum unless you really really actually need me to.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #789 on: September 18, 2018, 03:33:12 am »

Apologies - There are a lot of new players and I have not mentioned it this game - Weekends are essentially almost VLA for me most of the time in regards to content. I have a chance to keep up, but feedback is limited until Sunday evening normally.

That being said - I still think the Raptor wagon is weak af, so I have been doing read through's on those who are on him.

Let's start with the skummiest of my current vibes - Hydrad:

Hydrad:

1) This is them bringing up the doctoring claim idea, directly after they say they don't see a point in looking into it at this stage of the game.

hmm. Actually I can think of a way to make sure they don't target each other. We could do something like doctor chooses to heal someone either 1/2 or 3 spots below them on the signup list. The doctor gets to choose what number to use so that way if scum kill gets blocked they don't know what one was the doctor. But it also means that doctors won't be able to both target each other.

I actually kinda like that idea now that I'm thinking about it.

2) Promoting the idea again. Also, adding in the point that the doctors need to target exactly each other seems like a skum mindset.

but this actually saves us from the case when 2 doctors heal each other which is, well, unlikely. One can still heal the other and we'll have effectively 1 heal that night in this case. Better than 0, but still... I think healing whoever seems townier is a better choice

you have to remember the a doctor can still heal another doctor. its just both doctors can't heal each other.

So we don't even lose a heal in that scenario. The only way we lose a heal is if doctors both heal the same target if we do the 1-4 way.

3) Summary of the below - Hydrad points out that if it the sign up order has all doctors and all skum within the same 4 in a row (it could actually be 5 together, just to be clear), that Skum would not in fact gain any information. This is false - by setting the rules forward that contain the cops to the pools of 4 underneath they get the reverse logic to narrow the pool - also, there is the fact that this set up COULD happen, and then Skum would have (in this particularly small chanced world) less information then they normally would.... orrrrr we just do random and there are no odds. Which is what he ended up conceding to.

I'm fine with random if thats how we want it. But I would like to point out your theory has some flaws about how it can work.

I'll just make a super basic setup.

1. doc
2. doc
3. vt
4. vt
5. vt
6. vt
7. vt
8. vt
9. scum
10. scum

so in this scum could pick numbers 5-8. lynch 7. cop 6 and kill 8.

From here, it could go down a few ways:
a) NK target dies, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned Doctor is either Player 1 or Player 10. Bad for us.
b) NK target lives, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned a Doctor must exist within Player 1 or Player 10. They don't get the kill, but still worse then random.
c) NK target dies, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum gets a kill and knows who one of the Doctors are. Worse case scenario for us.
d) NK target lives, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum doesn't get a kill, but finds the Doctor. Worse than random.

4) Why post this? I have thought about it and I cannot see how putting this out there would "help" skum. Only thing I could think of was maybe the lack of stated reads/stating you may lie about your reads early on could be used later in the game. Still though, def would assume reads lists are more valuable to skum then not having them. So, I guess this is townish?

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1

5) Agrees with Awaclus about reads list thing... and then votes Raptor for either no reason or something I am not getting.

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1

Even D2 and beyond, I think it's important to at least fabricate some of the crucial reads in your read list. Scum knowing your reads matters the most near the end game, when they're trying to decide who to keep alive for LyLo.

Old me would not believe that I would kinda agree with you here. But I'm starting to think your style is better then I first thought.

Vote: raptor

Town Points:
- Effort put into the plan and the logic behind the reasoning of it.
- I guess pointing out the thing about reads lists early in the game.

Skum Points:
- All the doctoring plan stuff - Brought it up, obviously thought it through, then in the end just admits "oh yeah random would be better".
- The Raptor vote.
- Also, there is just something about their general need to appeal to other players this game that is throwing me off.

Vote: Hydrad

Here are you saying that Hydrad is likely to come up with a bad plan and push it even when he knows it's bad.  That doesn't seem very Hydrady to me.  I don't think he would put in that much work as scum, but could be wrong.

I am saying that the line between "good and bad" can be argued to a very thin margin. Which is the type of plan skum likes to promote because if it goes ass up they can use said point as a back out.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 18, 2018, 03:34:11 am »

anyone that lynches chairs is immediate skum imo until they have time to catch up on a computer. Chairs - not to put a clock on you but like... lets say a day?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 18, 2018, 03:37:40 am »

Also @ GK - I still would like to know where you stand on Hydrad.
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 18, 2018, 03:58:16 am »

Also @ GK - I still would like to know where you stand on Hydrad.

Hydrad seemed townie

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 18, 2018, 04:00:20 am »

anyone that lynches chairs is immediate skum imo until they have time to catch up on a computer. Chairs - not to put a clock on you but like... lets say a day?

We have 2 days before deadline and I don't see any rush, so why not 2 days

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 18, 2018, 04:00:52 am »

chairs is on L-2 right

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: September 18, 2018, 04:02:15 am »

I’m, no. One day is better.

Vote: LL

Just hold this for me a bit, will you? I might need it back in a bit.

Uncleeurope Eddie

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 18, 2018, 04:02:52 am »

WestCoastDidds (1): chairs
Hydrad (1): DatSwan
chairs (3): Hydrad, LaLight, WestCoastDidds
Awaclus (1): gkrieg13
gkrieg13 (1): Awaclus
LaLight (1): Uncleeurope

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 18, 2018, 04:03:32 am »

I’m, no. One day is better.

Vote: LL

Just hold this for me a bit, will you? I might need it back in a bit.

I put it in my safe, if you need it, the code is vote: playername

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 18, 2018, 04:47:35 am »

Vote Count 2.6

WestCoastDidds (1): chairs
LaLight (1): Uncleeurope
gkrieg13 (1): Awaclus
Hydrad (1): DatSwan
chairs (3): Hydrad, LaLight, WestCoastDidds
Awaclus (1): gkrieg13

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 2 ends at Sep 19, 18:00 forum time. That is in 37h 12m.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: September 18, 2018, 06:30:52 am »

I just woke up....yikes that was close! Thanks, cooler minds. I wasn’t ready to lynch yet and didn’t realize we were so close.

I am stacked with work today (as evidenced by my 5:30 wake up!), but should have some time to reread Hydrad today and agree that we need to let Chairs respond using his new and improved and not-broken computer.

I’m feeling town about Dat, gkrieg, or Awa so choosing between those two seems to be the real task. I don’t see any reason to rush when we have two days.

Unvote
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.632 seconds with 19 queries.