Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Boomsday Project  (Read 3224 times)

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
Boomsday Project
« on: July 19, 2018, 02:40:14 pm »

New Legendary revealed today, and it's one of the greatest I've seen. Whizbang the Wonderful: mana 4/5 neutral legendary. At the start of the game, he replaces your deck with one of the 18 most recent deck recipes. No, it's not competitive, but he's a perfect f2p legendary. Now you don't have grind for hours on end or empty your wallet to experience the latest expansion. It allows for the testing of a certain deck or archetype before you spend you hard-earned dust on it. Many people like myself only play the game intermittently. You could leave the game for 3 years, come back, and still be able to play with up to 540 new cards. Granted, many of the deck recipes are rather bad, but they have improved over time.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
Re: Boomsday Project
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 03:35:30 pm »

Yeah it seems the new Legendary gives you one of the most recent deck recipes, meaning the decks he gives you changed over time with the new sets. If this is true, then it's an excellent card for new players. On the other hand, this could mean that most new players are using it, so you have to contend with your own kind pretty often, but hey there are 18 possible decks he can give at any one time.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 03:36:54 pm by markusin »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 04:40:13 pm »

So I popped Mecha'Thun, and I'd actually really like to make a deck with him.  I was thinking Warlock might be the best fit, since you can draw a lot with your hero power, and Dark Pact and the mech cost reducer would let you play and destroy Mecha'Thun on the same turn.  Anyone else have any ideas?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 06:30:16 pm »

So I popped Mecha'Thun, and I'd actually really like to make a deck with him.  I was thinking Warlock might be the best fit, since you can draw a lot with your hero power, and Dark Pact and the mech cost reducer would let you play and destroy Mecha'Thun on the same turn.  Anyone else have any ideas?

I've seen people use Bloodbloom and Cataclysm with Mecha'thun. That way you don't need to worry about cleaning out the rest of your hand before the combo.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 11:03:22 pm »

I've seen people use Bloodbloom and Cataclysm with Mecha'thun. That way you don't need to worry about cleaning out the rest of your hand before the combo.

Yeah, that sounds good, might try that.  Would need two mech cost reducers, but that's fine.  Was definitely thinking of throwing in the Soularium to speed up deck cycling.  Then just fill the rest of the deck with cheap stuff, Loot Hoarders, Novice Engineers, Acolytes of Pain, maybe a couple Twisting Nethers.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Your resident lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 09:02:25 pm »

Had someone Dollmaster Dorian into Juicy Psychmelon, drawing Dreampetal Florist, Lich King, and Hadronox.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 12:41:40 am »

Yeah, that sounds good, might try that.  Would need two mech cost reducers, but that's fine.  Was definitely thinking of throwing in the Soularium to speed up deck cycling.  Then just fill the rest of the deck with cheap stuff, Loot Hoarders, Novice Engineers, Acolytes of Pain, maybe a couple Twisting Nethers.

Alternatively, you play more control-like and draw your deck more naturally.

What's cool about the Soularium is that you can play it while under Bloodbloom to draw the last few cards of your deck if necessary.

I opened the two Mage Legendaries. Maybe they'll help for Elemental Mage. Also I briefly tried a Standard Mech Hunter deck based around those 0/2 Goblin Bombs with the Leper Gnome deathrattle since I opened the Legendary Hunter Minion. I feel like there are enough Mechs and Mech token generators to make the Magnetic mechanic rather potent.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 04:37:24 pm »

None of what any of you ahve said made any sense, which suggests I've been away from Hearthstone for too long.  Probably a good thing, that.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 04:37:21 pm »

Wow some of these Boom labs puzzle are a blast from the past. I've almost finished the lethal puzzles, but got stuck at the last three puzzles in the final set (the one against Doctor Boom). There was one puzzle in particular where I immediately thought to use Kill command on the Savannah Highmane.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.