Dominion > Puzzles and Challenges

Arbitrarily order a kingdom pile then return game to starting conditions?

<< < (2/4) > >>

infangthief:

--- Quote from: J Reggie on July 19, 2018, 06:58:42 pm ---Overlords/BoMs as Lighthouse and Ambassador, then as Encampment to return them to the supply.

--- End quote ---

So this allows almost any supply pile to be reordered arbitrarily, with one exception: You can't reorder the Encampment/Plunder pile in such a way that a Plunder ends up on top, because then you can't play the Overlords/BoMs as Encampments to return them at the end.

Is there another way to return the Overlords/BoMs?

infangthief:

--- Quote from: Cave-o-sapien on July 19, 2018, 01:53:44 pm ---I have no idea if this is possible, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wants to try:

The goal is to reorder a kingdom pile, such as interleaving a split pile, or sorting the Knights alphabetically, then return the game to its initial state (aside from that pile).

If it's not possible, how close can you get?

--- End quote ---

I don't think you can reorder the Castles pile and get back to the initial game state - there's no way of returning the +1VP you get from gaining Crumbling Castle.
[EDIT: Actually maybe it is possible... if Crumbling Castle is gained on a Possessed turn then no-one gets the +1VP token, right?].

majiponi:

--- Quote from: infangthief on July 20, 2018, 05:22:17 am ---
--- Quote from: Cave-o-sapien on July 19, 2018, 01:53:44 pm ---I have no idea if this is possible, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone wants to try:

The goal is to reorder a kingdom pile, such as interleaving a split pile, or sorting the Knights alphabetically, then return the game to its initial state (aside from that pile).

--- End quote ---

I don't think you can reorder the Castles pile and get back to the initial game state - there's no way of returning the +1VP you get from gaining Crumbling Castle.
[EDIT: Actually maybe it is possible... if Crumbling Castle is gained on a Possessed turn then no-one gets the +1VP token, right?].

--- End quote ---
No, Possessor gains, and she takes 1vp.

infangthief:

--- Quote from: majiponi on July 26, 2018, 09:26:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: infangthief on July 20, 2018, 05:22:17 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
No, Possessor gains, and she takes 1vp.

--- End quote ---

Ah, ok, yes I suppose that makes sense. I was just going with the FAQ "You do not get any other tokens [other than debt] that player would have gotten". But of course the Possessor gets the VP token as a result of gaining Crumbling Castle.

So in conclusion, the original challenge can be done for any kingdom pile other than Castles and Encampment/Plunder.

UmbrageOfSnow:
If the goal (this is totally something to do for a practical purpose, right?) is to play a game with the castle pile in a particular order, you could just have Player 2 play their Overlord as a Monument a few times to even out the point totals, then it's essentially the same even if not technically the starting state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version