Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nocturne/Locusts: Issue with "...gain a cheaper card that shares a type"  (Read 3127 times)

RoyalShades

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile

A friend of mine and I do not agree on how the card Locusts should be dealt with. The card says: "...gain a cheaper card that shares a type with it."

So when a card has 2 or more types on it does that mean you can gain any cards that has one of those types on it, costing less than the trashed card, or does the gained card have to have exactly the same types on it as the one you trashed? I interpret it as one of the types named on the card. Is that correct?

What about when you end up trashing the card Will-o'-Wisp? Do you gain any card at all in that situation?

Only played Nocturne a few times but so far love this expansion!

RoyalShades

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
+6

It says “shares a type”, not “shares all types”. If you trash an Action - Attack you can gain an Action, an Action-Duration, a Treasure-Attack, etc.

When you trash Will-o-wisp, you can’t gain anything, as nothing is cheaper than 0.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
+2

Also remember that the card you gain has to come from the Supply, so if you trash a Ghost, you can't gain an Imp.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.