Dominion > Dominion Articles

Ghost Town

<< < (2/3) > >>

DeepCyan:
Great article! Only nit-pick I have is that you should maybe include something about using Ghost Towns reactively based on what you have in your deck. If you know you're gonna draw 2 or 3 important terminals next turn and are out of villages for the shuffle, spending 3 on a ghost town that you might not necessarily 'need' can make a huge difference for patching up what would otherwise be a dud turn.

Holunder9:
While the following are general aspects of Night cards they matter quite a bit for the Night card of which you want on average the most copies:

First, unlike Actions you can never draw Night cards dead which makes draw engines with Ghost Town even more reliable, i.e. beyond the extra Action and card at the start of the turn.
Second, there are some cards like Herald, Scrying Pool, vassal or Conspirator that prefer a high density of Action cards and if they are present in the Kingdom Ghost Town becomes relatively worse.

Dingan:
Should all Night card articles mention Haunted Woods and Tactician, or should none of them and it just goes without saying?

samath:

--- Quote from: Dingan on June 10, 2018, 02:19:59 pm ---Should all Night card articles mention Haunted Woods and Tactician, or should none of them and it just goes without saying?

--- End quote ---
Depends on the comprehensiveness of the article. This one was fairly sparse with mentioning individual card interactions (only citing Cultist and King's Court), so it seems fine not to mention them here. But they'd definitely be a part of my "flowchart."

Holunder9:

--- Quote from: Dingan on June 10, 2018, 02:19:59 pm ---Should all Night card articles mention Haunted Woods and Tactician, or should none of them and it just goes without saying?

--- End quote ---
Who cares, I don't. But a long article that implies comprehensiveness via providing a decision tree should definitely mention the relevant stuff, especially if it already talks about reliablity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version