Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 129886 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day three!)
« Reply #925 on: July 19, 2018, 03:09:18 pm »

I am Woolie, a 1-shot Bodyguard beast

Last night, I targeted Galzria. I claimed protective role early because this role is super inconsequential. I tried hard to get killed last night by either protecting Galzria or making scum believe I was Robz' lover. I am not actually Robz' lover though.

I also have an item (bagpipes) that can be used by a Scotsman. I assume that EFHW was the only Scotsman in the game, what with the show taking place in Japan. So I never really did anything with it. I thought about maybe sending it to another town as some kind of signal that I wasn't roleblocked or something, but it never seemed important. The item would enable EFHW to roleblock another player.

Hold on but why would you try to get killed? I get protecting galz as he is possibly an important character, but why act like robz lover in an attempt to get shot at. Why not pretend you didn’t believe robz was a lover and then bodyguard him to prevent the double night kill? Basically I don’t see the value in you acting like robz lover?

How would pretending he didn't believe me result in me getting shot at?

Because we decided the only good reason not to have your lover confirm your claim was because it is easier to protect you and your lover if scum only knows of your exsistance and that Faust was the one who had claimed the protective role. So if Faust acted like he wasn’t going to protect you scum is more likely to shoot you. Instead Faust acted like he was your partner which really meant scum was unlikely to shoot you because he would be likely to protect you. His stated reason was he was trying to draw the night kill which doesn’t make sense.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 19, 2018, 03:22:04 pm »

Ah right, because he was pretending to be protective. Forgot that. Well he misplayed that, then.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 19, 2018, 03:38:34 pm »

Behind, but unvote for {Reasons}. Finish claims, will discuss after. Not lynching Mcmc.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 19, 2018, 03:54:41 pm »

I am Woolie, a 1-shot Bodyguard beast

Last night, I targeted Galzria. I claimed protective role early because this role is super inconsequential. I tried hard to get killed last night by either protecting Galzria or making scum believe I was Robz' lover. I am not actually Robz' lover though.

I also have an item (bagpipes) that can be used by a Scotsman. I assume that EFHW was the only Scotsman in the game, what with the show taking place in Japan. So I never really did anything with it. I thought about maybe sending it to another town as some kind of signal that I wasn't roleblocked or something, but it never seemed important. The item would enable EFHW to roleblock another player.

Hold on but why would you try to get killed? I get protecting galz as he is possibly an important character, but why act like robz lover in an attempt to get shot at. Why not pretend you didn’t believe robz was a lover and then bodyguard him to prevent the double night kill? Basically I don’t see the value in you acting like robz lover?
Well I couldn't protect both Galzria and Robz, and Galzria was more important. But Robz and his Lover were reasonable targets also and I thought since a bunch of people scumread me it would be beneficial for me to be nightkilled instead of some more important townie.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 19, 2018, 04:02:27 pm »

Ah right, because he was pretending to be protective. Forgot that. Well he misplayed that, then.
No I didn't.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 19, 2018, 04:03:28 pm »

Scum could still shoot his partner, and I figured if scum could exclude me for a partner, it would make the actual partner obvious to them.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 19, 2018, 04:49:06 pm »

Hello!

I am awake and its my turn. Perfect.

I am X-49, A good-aligned machine.

I am also framed like I said before. didn't think about it before but framed says with an evil-aligned disguise. So that's probably the disguise part of the IDPTG's power but maybe there is more of them.

I also have the item Mechanical Armor. its a 1-shot BP basically but only for machines.

We have a lot of BP's this game.

I did confirm that I still have my armor and it didn't break last night.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #932 on: July 19, 2018, 05:28:14 pm »

Vote count 3.1

faust (1): Lalight
McMcsalot (1): IDontPlayThisGame

not voting (8):  faust, Hydrad, McMcsalot, EFHW, gkrieg13, Galzria, Haddock, Robz888

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 06:00:00 am
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 19, 2018, 05:34:11 pm »

My turn.

I am Samurai Jack!

I am a Human, and am good aligned!

I am a neighborizer that creates neighborhoods that last for the following day and night cycle.

N1 I targeted Robz. Robz opened the neighborhood D2 by immediately claiming to me:

Robz is Ashi!

Ashi is a Scum Traitor! Ashi could also try and self recruit (2-shot), as well as could investigate kill/not-kill (separate actions).

Ashi is a member of an assassin sisterhood to be exact. She eventually defects and becomes an ally of Jack. Robz claimed that he was given the option to defect and become town (this was presented morning D2, and he had 48 hours to decide). Having claimed to take this action and now he town, Robz claimed to have lost all his previous abilities and was now my Lover. It's important to note that this Lover relationship is one way - I did not become his Lover.

I don't entirely believe Robz, and the Lover claim is a great claim to attempt to draw a kill. But knowing that mafia didn't know his alignment, I knew that mafia would see him as a "safe" lynch to push yesterday. Hence my instance on lynching almost anywhere else. I was extremely hopeful of finding a mafia so that their partners would be forced to Robz.

It's also, Mcmc, why I've brushed off your Lovers concern regarding MyLo. Even assuming he's telling the truth, the only danger was if I got lynched or killed. Lynching me wasn't going to happen, and if I was killed but Robz didn't die... well, you get my read on him from yesterday.

Last thing, is the item that I hold. I have my motorcycle, which allows me to commute me and my current neighbor.

Had PPS flipped scum, I would've neighborized again last night. As he flipped town, I used my motorcycle last night to prevent scum from killing me/Robz or recruiting Robz.

Note: My claim regarding species is because Ashi is half-human half Demon - the daughter of Aku (series big bad).

Everything Robz has claimed thematically makes perfect sense. But we should still lynch him today:

- There's a decent chance he flips scum
- If he flips town Lover, it's only a single death for a now otherwise VT player
- Mcmc will get his night to confirm alignment

vote: Robz
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 19, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »

Galzria's post is correct, but there are a couple items he glossed over.

So, I did indeed begin this game scum-aligned. If mcmc is town (a big IF), his unfailing scumread on me from Day 1 was actually correct, because Day 1 I was technically scum.

I did not know I would be given the option to switch alignments; I haven't seen much Samurai Jack, I didn't know the storyline for my character.

So it was a surprise to me. I think in many circumstances I would have picked to stay scum, But:

I was now in a neighborhood with Galz, who by chance of my Killsmith investigation I knew was not scum. Therefore, we had the option to operate as Masons if I switched to town, which is quite strong for town. Also, I thought I would keep my Killsmith role, which is very strong for town--I was relishing the opportunity to own once against as a town cop. And I knew my defection would further hurt scum.

So I thought taking the switch to town was going to put the town in a really dominating position, and was thus good for me, if I switched. So I did.

I was apoplectic that Galz responded to this in our thread by opining that he thought I was scum, and I barely got him to back off for a day. I should have remembered how he treated me as a Survivor in that one game. Mildly infuriating.

The important thing about not outing Galz as my co-Lover was that it's a one way double kill; if Galz dies, I die, but if I die, Galz does not die. So I was hoping to draw the kill, rather than Galz. That's why I didn't budge, and resisted outing him at all costs.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 19, 2018, 06:10:48 pm »

I'm honestly shocked that anyone, especially Galz, could possibly think I was scum at this point. I'm so baffled that it must be a perception problem of mine own. Lynch me, you're wrong, I'm rooting for scum and wishing I had stuck with them.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 19, 2018, 06:11:08 pm »

Vote: Robz

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 19, 2018, 06:27:36 pm »

Hello!

I am also framed like I said before. didn't think about it before but framed says with an evil-aligned disguise. So that's probably the disguise part of the IDPTG's power but maybe there is more of them.

I also have the item Mechanical Armor. its a 1-shot BP basically but only for machines.

So do you have no abilities other than being framed?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 19, 2018, 06:28:26 pm »

Still processing Robz/galzria.

What makes you so convinced Robz is scum galz?  I still feel like I'm missing something.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 19, 2018, 07:30:05 pm »

Hmm okay so just consolidating things in my head.

Robz was scummy day 1 and checks out.
Faust and robz seemed like partners, Faust has an explaination.
Robz and galz seemed like lovers, they are.
Robz has a valid reason for ignoring traditional logic as it pertains to lovers.

Robz did you and galz talk about if he should claim at all while I was pressuring you?

Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 19, 2018, 07:32:18 pm »

Robz do you know how many scum there are?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 19, 2018, 08:58:16 pm »

Hmm okay so just consolidating things in my head.

Robz was scummy day 1 and checks out.
Faust and robz seemed like partners, Faust has an explaination.
Robz and galz seemed like lovers, they are.
Robz has a valid reason for ignoring traditional logic as it pertains to lovers.

Robz did you and galz talk about if he should claim at all while I was pressuring you?

We talked, not about that specifically, we were on the same page about him not claiming.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 19, 2018, 08:58:57 pm »

Robz do you know how many scum there are?

I do not.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 19, 2018, 10:59:47 pm »

Hello!

Nope. Unless you count my item being an ability then i'm BP.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 19, 2018, 11:08:41 pm »

also I'll just say this because I'm pretty sure someone will see it anyways.

I'm betting I was a town player that could have gone to scum. X-49 seems to be evil aligned in the show. and balancing it makes sense for framed to be the person that switches to be scum to make it so I don't become an IC and then turn to scum. Plus the fact that I don't really have any abilities either so I'm not super powerful if i switch to either side.

Thats my theory.

So if Robz is town now (which I think is true). I doubt I can be switched to scum anymore (which I might not even be right about being allowed to swap).

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 20, 2018, 12:34:31 am »

Hello!

This seems scummy. If your item got taken, you would just be a VT with a negative modifier.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 20, 2018, 12:55:48 am »

Vote: gkrieg

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 20, 2018, 01:30:26 am »

Hello!

This seems scummy. If your item got taken, you would just be a VT with a negative modifier.

Yup like I said. thats why I'm assuming I'm the town that can switch to scum.

Vote:gkrieg13 also

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 20, 2018, 01:42:40 am »

Vote: gkrieg13
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 20, 2018, 02:39:33 am »

So let me expand a bit on gkrieg. Now that we have the claiming out of the way, I can actually post a case.

The very first thing to notice is the claim. And for this, let me go on a bit of a tangent. When I got my role, I thought "well this is crap". 1-shot Bodyguard is really not very useful. Then PPS's role mirrored mine and I figured maybe there just is a bit of a theme of "various 1-shot protective roles". Which makes sense with having some powerful roles. Of course, Idplay's claimed item really wraps things up nicely because it means both PPS and me could have gotten the full role.

Now, gkrieg's claim. There is not much reason for someone to be randomly 1-shot BP. It's a boring role, and it doesn't tie in with anything else in an interesting way. But it makes sense for scum!gkrieg to see PPS's flip and decide that he wants to model his role on this. It also makes sense to for scum to cast doubt on who was targeted tonight (it is very unlikely still that gkrieg was targeted, so my money is on Galzria/Robz). At the time, with the knowledge he had, this would have seemed like a good fakeclaim for scum!gkrieg. Of course it got somewhat invalidated by first Idplay's claim - which means that things are not just randomly 1-shot in this setup - and then Hydrad's claim, which means there is actually a BP item.

With this in mind, let us look back at Day 2. At one point, we actually have a wagon on gkrieg. It consists of:

Galzria, Hydrad, PPS, Robz

Now there is a good deal of townies on here. Then comes this from LaLight:
vote: gkrieg L-2

He is so under the radar i kinda forgot he’s in a game
which is a scummy post in and off itself, with weak reasoning. I think it is a partner trying to join the wagon so he will look better, without any intention of following through.

And, lo and behold, then Galzria hops off some time later, and immediately afterwards:
vote: faust, maybe this’ll work this time
LaLight leaves as well.

Over the course of the Day, LaLight continues to switch to various people, but never back to gkrieg. He goes on to vote for Robz, PPS, me again, Idplay. He never goes back to gkrieg.

So there you have it. I think that is our scum team. Add to that that LaLight's claim is itself highly unconfirmable and convenient.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 51  All

Page created in 2.534 seconds with 20 queries.