Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 128023 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #725 on: July 15, 2018, 12:42:44 pm »

Vote count 2.7

Robz888 (4): IDontPlayThisGame, McMcsalot, gkrieg13, EFHW
gkrieg13 (1): Hydrad
faust (1): Lalight
pingpongsam (4): Galzria, Robz888, Haddock, faust

Not Voting (1): pingpongsam

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:30:00 am

That is in ~22 hours.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day two!)
« Reply #726 on: July 15, 2018, 01:04:05 pm »

@Hydrad, LaLight: Notice that Robz is at L-2 and if you vote him, I am pretty sure PPS will hammer.

@EFHW: Would you consider unvoting? I'd feel safer letting you decide the hammer.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 15, 2018, 01:11:02 pm »

I’m the creature, a town one shot babysitter.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 15, 2018, 02:58:48 pm »

That claim doesn't really sway me in any way. It's a role that can exist. It's a role that may be a fakeclaim. It's a role that has diminished value once scum knows that it exists, so I would like to know the reasoning for the claim.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 15, 2018, 03:20:11 pm »

That claim doesn't really sway me in any way. It's a role that can exist. It's a role that may be a fakeclaim. It's a role that has diminished value once scum knows that it exists, so I would like to know the reasoning for the claim.

If it's true, and Robz' claim is true, then there's also a potential for a scum triple kill at night built into the game.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 15, 2018, 03:24:00 pm »

In trying to make sure it was still D2, I saw this out of order. I'm not a terrible lynch, but I'm not self-voting.
This in particular is scummy.

Your case on me this game is even weaker than usual.
Your play this game is even weaker than usual.

So weaker play makes your case less compelling?
If there are no posts, there is not much to find you scummy for. So of course a case would look more barebones than one on an active player.

So it's not weak play, it's lack of play.

If it's true, and Robz' claim is true, then there's also a potential for a scum triple kill at night built into the game.

Which seems incredibly swingy. I'm not sure if that would exist.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 15, 2018, 03:25:18 pm »

To finish the thought - I find that slightly more unlikely than not, even if it would take multiple unfortunate collisions to occur for that to happen.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 15, 2018, 03:30:35 pm »

To finish the thought - I find that slightly more unlikely than not, even if it would take multiple unfortunate collisions to occur for that to happen.

Granted, if either Robz or his Lover are scum, this effect would be negated by the death of one scum in the chain rather than all three town.

It still feels like too much potential for death in a single night. We started with 12 people - assuming everything collided, we could've had 8 left at the start of D2. Even if the lovers are scum/town, which might be more balanced, to open D2 of a 12 player game at 8 players just feels really harsh.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 15, 2018, 03:38:15 pm »

Hey Idplay, did you ever clarify your stance on Robz?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 15, 2018, 03:38:31 pm »

Granted, if either Robz or his Lover are scum, this effect would be negated by the death of one scum in the chain rather than all three town.

It still feels like too much potential for death in a single night. We started with 12 people - assuming everything collided, we could've had 8 left at the start of D2. Even if the lovers are scum/town, which might be more balanced, to open D2 of a 12 player game at 8 players just feels really harsh.

And that's assuming that there are no other methods for people to die at night.

Mafia Record:

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: July 15, 2018, 03:45:46 pm »

Hey Idplay, did you ever clarify your stance on Robz?

I liked something about the vote on him when I joined and the way the Lover claim went down hasn't done anything to convince me he's town. As I stated, I think a claim like that needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later.

And Galz, I don't think the collision is unlikely as you think.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 15, 2018, 03:57:10 pm »

Reason for claim is L-2 with coordination underway to finish the mislynch on a weekend when the deadline is tomorrow.

It should be noted my role can be used to kill scum just as well as town while obviously to just protect town with no killing at all (preferably preventing a NK).

faust, I didn't know you needed to be swayed. I thought my lynch was "least enticing".

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 15, 2018, 04:15:56 pm »

unvote

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 15, 2018, 04:35:28 pm »

I promised a case so here we go. I decided to picka  person and make a scum lens read of them and see how it worked out. I deliberately removed faust, Robz, and mcmc. faust and Robz need no further belaboring on my part and mcmc's reads have pretty much been my own so nothing to really discover from my vantage point, there. IDP was out because he doesn't have anything to parse. This leaves Galz, LaLight, Haddock, Hydrad, and gkrieg. I went ahead and eliminated Hydrad because he is already town and Haddock because he's entirely too easy to paint as scum regardless of circumstance. So, Galzria, LaLight, gkrieg. Galzria is too easy, as well. Also, he will argue out of it regardless. between the two remaining I felt from what I recall before the reread that LaLight was more likely to give interesting analysis because gkrieg has been more of a reaction due to some absences.

Right off the bat he doesn't want to treat the non-counter claimed Samurai Jack character as town. Knowing my own role and the relationship my flavor has to SJ, I strongly believe SJ would be a town character. Note I am not saying Galzria must be SJ. SJ could actually be a fakeclaim but that doesn't seem very fun from a design standpoint, so for D1, Galz=SJ=Town. Also, considering I've opted to consider Robz/faust as town I see him in the same breath painting faust as potential scum right out of the gate, here as well. This is especially suspicious behavior because he ends the post by staying on Hydrad for having a bad early claim. You know, the one about not having an honest flip in the game that promises alignment antics? I mean, does Hydrad go this big and bold D1? Maybe with coaching? He's no ashersky, that's for sure. So, all in all LaLight's initial posting is about spreading ugly on several players at once and keeping a safe vote on the record.

Oh, look, the next several post from LaLight's interactions with faust start to conclude that maybe faust has a role such as Jester that would warrant trying to get killed. Apparently I was not at all alone in my own analysis of his behavior to that end. Never mind for this purpose that this consideration is supposed to be damning evidence against me now. If it's damning for me then it should be damning for LaLight as well.

Game gets slow, time to shake things up and throw a vote on someone new, someone not in the spotlight but certainly a vote cast with no case whatsoever. Let's see what everybody thinks if we vote mcmc? WEll, he's asked to qulaify that vote and it's the expected response. Just looking for traction, here. When elsewise lynches are broguth for consideration LaLight wants no part of this. He's rather lynch a lurker cause you know, scum loves to avoid controlling the game and would rather stay safe in the shadows with town having multiple claims already on the table for them to coordinate with and because you know lurking never gets you lynched. Also, he maintains Hydrad as a potential lynch, almost as if he wants the consternation a dishonest flip would bring to the game.

All of this activity is enough to irk faust into voting LaLight. LaLight immediately OMGus votes him right back. Now, faust may be crusty and curmudgeonly but he is not rash nor shortsighted. At this point I think we may have a scum scent from LaLight because the reaction from LaLight is properly counter to his entire narrative up until this point. Now, LaLight is going to paint faust as scum and I can get on with it at this point in the game because faust is acting out of character. As I posited before I think htere is an explanation for that but heretofore this explanation is not available to myself nor LaLight so it's not a terribly great case that he's after faust, yet... I will note that at this point I noted that I was more enthralled with faust's counterpoints to LaLaight than vice versa. LaLight is so hopped up on his new crusade he can't even see I am siding with faust.

LaLigth admits he does not like the EFHW wagon (as I had already stated myself). End Act One.

Act two opens with LaLight versus faust continuing unabated and LaLight has some decent points against faust. I mean, they are big ole WIFOM points and for the purposes of this exercise they are just smear jobs on faust. To be honest, though. I'm getting convinced versus faust all over again because LALight's points are well reasoned, sublime, and indicative of faust's scum meta. That LaLight was immediately unopposed to race claiming sits pretty townish to me. Yeah, it's WIFOM, especially if he has a mod-prepared fake claim. Damn, now I am seeing where LaLight and I seem to be seeing eye to eye on several things. This read was intended to paint him as scum regardless but it's not working. Maybe if I were scum it would be easier to bend this shit but I don't rightly have a motivation to see scum at will in this game.

He gets back to tunneling faust. Tunneling, it's an interesting thing. Scum generally should avoid doing such a thing because it limits their options. Tunneling is only worthwhile to distract from another plan in motion when you are scum. Tunneling is a towny trait because town keeps getting a bell rung. Tunneling is hard to fake as scum. Yes, it can be faked but this LaLight tunneling doesn't look contrived at all. It doesn't mean faust is scum but it doesn't look like LaLight is scum, either.

Shit guys, I can't do this, I keep reading and just getting confirmed town reads on LaLight. His repeat looping EFHW in for her feedback is extremely pro-town. While I won't chase it out today, he has reminded that I was never so off base to suspect faust. I was shamed into thinking that. He seems to have some suspicions on gkrieg. If I'm not already dead or the thread ended by the mod when I hit Post maybe I can try to do this on gkrieg.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 15, 2018, 05:02:24 pm »

I would still rather lynch gkrieg than PPS, but I am fine with PPS if need be, so I'm keeping my vote there.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 15, 2018, 09:27:30 pm »

I’ll park a Vote: gkrieg
I’ll be around for deadline but only within an hour or so, I may not be able to get a read in.

I’ll say I think I am a bad lynch. I don’t care about that earlier analysis about townies saying they aren’t bad lynches. My role makes me a bad lynch. If faust and Robz are, in fact, town like I suspect they may be then I’m a godawful lynch because this is going to be great leverage against them. Furthermore, I can protect town or kill scum if my role is applied correctly. I can see why one might not trust me to use it correctly and that my role is potentially a liability to town as well. I feel like my role is pretty critical to the setup and removing me from it unused will go badly for town.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 15, 2018, 10:15:53 pm »

I'm going to be around near deadline but will have to go a couple hours before. probably around 7am forum time is the latest I can go. (4 hours before deadline

I don't want to lynch PPS
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 15, 2018, 10:17:23 pm »

I won’t be awake for the deadline.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 15, 2018, 10:18:36 pm »

Im Happy with where my vote is, but will look before I go to sleep tonight to see if I need to change it around.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 15, 2018, 10:49:46 pm »

vote: pps
Unvote

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 15, 2018, 10:59:28 pm »

vote: pps

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 15, 2018, 11:16:05 pm »

I'm sorry EFHW. I'm just not seeing it.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 15, 2018, 11:19:31 pm »

I'm sorry EFHW. I'm just not seeing it.

It's the only lynch that's happening.

Mafia Record:

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 15, 2018, 11:30:45 pm »

Still prefer Robz. But intent to hammer, I guess.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 16, 2018, 12:28:20 am »

Ugh I’m very unhappy with the pps lynch. I don’t know much and have no scum read on gkrieg and would such rather lynch robz or faust
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.