Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 129950 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day one!)
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2018, 08:05:37 am »

I don't find you scummy. The narrative occurred to me and I thought maybe people will talk about it, which they did, and maybe faust will survive the night, which remains to be seen.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2018, 08:07:10 am »

Please explain the narrative by which Galz is scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Full! PMs go out in ~8-16 hours)
« Reply #152 on: July 03, 2018, 09:51:01 am »

Vote count 1.3

McMcsalot (1): Robz888
Robz888 (3): McMcsalot, pingpongsam, gkrieg13
Hydrad (1): Lalight
Lalight (1): Haddock
faust (1): Galzria
EFHW (1): faust

not voting (4): Hydrad, DatSwan,  IDontPlayThisGame, EFHW

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 1 ends Saturday, July 07, 2018, 10:30:00 am

Request prods on Robz, mcmc, PPS, Haddock, DatSwan, EFHW

Prods sent to Robz, McMc, PPS, and Haddock.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 03, 2018, 10:03:48 am »

Please explain the narrative by which Galz is scum.
He got Samurai Jack as fakeclaim and saw a chance to grab towncred.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 03, 2018, 10:31:36 am »

Got my first ever prod. Apologies. Prods are good when you have literally forgotten about the game. I am on vacation out of town and it is my birthday so while I am distracted I also have the free time to give the game attention.

I am inclined to give Galz a pass for the day. Same for faust. Of the two I believe faust is more likely to be scum. The only thing I find suspicious about Galz is the probability that Galz, of all people, would get SJ. I’d feel the same if it landed on Robz or faust, though. faust could easily be scum and the way he is pressing others seems like he may be. His claim, though, just doesn’t seem like a smart scum play for D1. Does faust make dumb plays? I’d like for faust to flavor claim.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 03, 2018, 10:38:43 am »

vote: faust

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 03, 2018, 11:02:42 am »

I'm here. I still think I believe Galz's claim, though the scenario faust laid out--scum!Galz gets Jack as a fake claim, tries to milk it for town cred--is not at all unthinkable.

I don't really want to lynch Galz or faust here.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 03, 2018, 11:03:25 am »

I am inclined to give Galz a pass for the day. Same for faust. Of the two I believe faust is more likely to be scum. The only thing I find suspicious about Galz is the probability that Galz, of all people, would get SJ. I’d feel the same if it landed on Robz or faust, though.

The probably of any of those people, or anyone else in the game, getting Jack is the same.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 03, 2018, 11:40:31 am »

vote: EFHW.

I actually agree 100% with faust here. I have EFHW pegged in my personal QT for literally this exact reason. There are 'x' number of people in this game that know for a fact that I'm telling the truth - me + scum. Scum, knowing I'm telling the truth, wouldn't be super inclined to push back against me. Faust is correct that scum tend to accept things far quicker and easier than town.

Further, EFHW's push to send me items - this feels very much like scum having an item intercept. By pushing my claim as true and encouraging items be sent my way, it controls the flow of items - which begs for scum shenanigans.

There are items in this game I'm aware of and can use. I do not think people should send me anything at all unless they're confident in A) it's an item I can use (as I've said, you'll know) and B) you're certain you can get it to me.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 03, 2018, 11:43:04 am »

This quick snap to faust intrigues me as well, as Gkrieg is my second early D1 scum read. This follows faust's case on EFHW with no reason attached. Feels very chainsaw.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 03, 2018, 11:50:03 am »

I am inclined to give Galz a pass for the day. Same for faust. Of the two I believe faust is more likely to be scum. The only thing I find suspicious about Galz is the probability that Galz, of all people, would get SJ. I’d feel the same if it landed on Robz or faust, though.

The probably of any of those people, or anyone else in the game, getting Jack is the same.
Yes, but the conditional probability of Galzria being scum when he claimed Jack is arguably higher than that of some other people being scum when they claimed Jack, so I see where PPS is coming from.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 03, 2018, 12:15:11 pm »

I did consider the Samurai Jack fakeclaim idea, since it was raised earlier as well, but I think that would be unbalanced. Especially with the items factor. I never said people should send items. I said people will send items, which was definitely the impression I was getting earlier in the day.

I think town!Galz's claim is risky but could yield a lot of benefit. I think he took comfort from faust's claim of a protective role, so I hope that was real. Deciding to believe Galz is a risk as well, though I hadn't imagined it would contribute to a scum narrative about me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2018, 12:20:21 pm »

vote: EFHW.

I actually agree 100% with faust here. I have EFHW pegged in my personal QT for literally this exact reason. There are 'x' number of people in this game that know for a fact that I'm telling the truth - me + scum. Scum, knowing I'm telling the truth, wouldn't be super inclined to push back against me. Faust is correct that scum tend to accept things far quicker and easier than town.

Further, EFHW's push to send me items - this feels very much like scum having an item intercept. By pushing my claim as true and encouraging items be sent my way, it controls the flow of items - which begs for scum shenanigans.

There are items in this game I'm aware of and can use. I do not think people should send me anything at all unless they're confident in A) it's an item I can use (as I've said, you'll know) and B) you're certain you can get it to me.
This really overstates the motives behind my posts. I haven't pushed that you are telling the truth, though I did state my personal opinion, or that people should send items. Those are both distortions.

If there are people who have items that they know SJ needs to receive, then that makes it pretty much impossible that SJ was given as a fakeclaim.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2018, 12:55:33 pm »

This quick snap to faust intrigues me as well, as Gkrieg is my second early D1 scum read. This follows faust's case on EFHW with no reason attached. Feels very chainsaw.

Early case faust is scum faust as I remember. 

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2018, 12:57:05 pm »

Got my first ever prod. Apologies. Prods are good when you have literally forgotten about the game. I am on vacation out of town and it is my birthday so while I am distracted I also have the free time to give the game attention.

I am inclined to give Galz a pass for the day. Same for faust. Of the two I believe faust is more likely to be scum. The only thing I find suspicious about Galz is the probability that Galz, of all people, would get SJ. I’d feel the same if it landed on Robz or faust, though. faust could easily be scum and the way he is pressing others seems like he may be. His claim, though, just doesn’t seem like a smart scum play for D1. Does faust make dumb plays? I’d like for faust to flavor claim.

Also, this seems like town PPS.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2018, 01:19:37 pm »

Yes, but the conditional probability of Galzria being scum when he claimed Jack is arguably higher than that of some other people being scum when they claimed Jack, so I see where PPS is coming from.

Thanks, yes, much better put but exactly what I was getting at.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2018, 01:19:43 pm »

I did consider the Samurai Jack fakeclaim idea, since it was raised earlier as well, but I think that would be unbalanced. Especially with the items factor. I never said people should send items. I said people will send items, which was definitely the impression I was getting earlier in the day.
I have yet to see any evidence that the items Galzria is talking about actually exist.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2018, 01:20:41 pm »

Early case faust is scum faust as I remember.
You remember wrong.

I put a case because this game needed a case. In a more active game I might not have bothered.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2018, 01:44:55 pm »

I have yet to see any evidence that the items Galzria is talking about actually exist.

That's fair. But unless SJ was given as a fake claim I think they have a decent chance of existing for now. At the very least I don't think I'm going to lynch galz but I will keep this in mind
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2018, 01:45:55 pm »

I also have a rule where I never day 1 lynch Faust because of how often scum kills him if I ever think he's scum
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2018, 02:02:42 pm »

That's fair. But unless SJ was given as a fake claim I think they have a decent chance of existing for now. At the very least I don't think I'm going to lynch galz but I will keep this in mind
Well I don't particularly think we should lynch Galz today. It is likely that the situation will work itself out one way or the other.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2018, 02:43:47 pm »

Well I don't particularly think we should lynch Galz today. It is likely that the situation will work itself out one way or the other.

Potential upsides vs potential downsides would suggest not lynching Galz is probably a good idea. I agree with that...however instead of the "work itself out approach" I think we need to accept that there needs to be some form of verification presented before it gets too late in the game, or we should put him on the block.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2018, 04:50:31 pm »

But the people who have them would be aware, but rightly staying quiet. Are you arguing for real here?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2018, 06:13:33 pm »

Here, sorry.

I think faust's reads/cases are inaccurate, but also i think he is town.

Votes on Efhw don't seem great to me, she seems towny as does galz.

Tbh i still like my lalight vote.

Could always vote pps because always.

Does anyone else agree that faust seems towny and that bad votes against him are bad? Don't like gkrieg's vote there much.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2018, 06:29:17 pm »

Does anyone else agree that faust seems towny and that bad votes against him are bad? Don't like gkrieg's vote there much.

I view faust as more on the scummy side personally. But still don't want to vote him.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 20 queries.