Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51  All

Author Topic: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Game over - Town Won!)  (Read 129966 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM49: Samurai Jack Mafia (Day three!)
« Reply #950 on: July 20, 2018, 02:42:26 am »

also I'll just say this because I'm pretty sure someone will see it anyways.

I'm betting I was a town player that could have gone to scum. X-49 seems to be evil aligned in the show. and balancing it makes sense for framed to be the person that switches to be scum to make it so I don't become an IC and then turn to scum. Plus the fact that I don't really have any abilities either so I'm not super powerful if i switch to either side.

Thats my theory.

So if Robz is town now (which I think is true). I doubt I can be switched to scum anymore (which I might not even be right about being allowed to swap).
Unfortunately, I don't think so. If Robz truly is town now, then from a balance perspective it would make more sense if you actually were scum now. Which I think is kind of likely. I also think we should force you to give away your item.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 20, 2018, 02:50:45 am »

Also, the whole Robz/Galz neighborhood thing brings back memories from M31. I love it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 20, 2018, 02:56:16 am »

Also, the whole Robz/Galz neighborhood thing brings back memories from M31. I love it.

This. So much this. I've even brought it up with him. His feigned indignation that I could possibly find him scummy still is just hilarious to me for literally this exact reason. I can never trust him again. :D
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 20, 2018, 02:58:28 am »

There is also the fact that everyone's calim tie in with one another or with the setup:

Idplay is connected via his item to me and PPS.
I have an item for EFHW.
Hydrad is probably par of the alignment switching, and his disguise fits with Idplay's ability.
mcmc has Galzria's sword.
Robz is an alignment-changer.

The only ones that do not fit are Haddock, LaLight, gkrieg. Haddock gets a bit of a pass because he softclaimed D2, and because his results fit with Galzria's commuting.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 20, 2018, 02:59:56 am »

So let me expand a bit on gkrieg. Now that we have the claiming out of the way, I can actually post a case.

The very first thing to notice is the claim. And for this, let me go on a bit of a tangent. When I got my role, I thought "well this is crap". 1-shot Bodyguard is really not very useful. Then PPS's role mirrored mine and I figured maybe there just is a bit of a theme of "various 1-shot protective roles". Which makes sense with having some powerful roles. Of course, Idplay's claimed item really wraps things up nicely because it means both PPS and me could have gotten the full role.

Now, gkrieg's claim. There is not much reason for someone to be randomly 1-shot BP. It's a boring role, and it doesn't tie in with anything else in an interesting way. But it makes sense for scum!gkrieg to see PPS's flip and decide that he wants to model his role on this. It also makes sense to for scum to cast doubt on who was targeted tonight (it is very unlikely still that gkrieg was targeted, so my money is on Galzria/Robz). At the time, with the knowledge he had, this would have seemed like a good fakeclaim for scum!gkrieg. Of course it got somewhat invalidated by first Idplay's claim - which means that things are not just randomly 1-shot in this setup - and then Hydrad's claim, which means there is actually a BP item.

With this in mind, let us look back at Day 2. At one point, we actually have a wagon on gkrieg. It consists of:

Galzria, Hydrad, PPS, Robz

Now there is a good deal of townies on here. Then comes this from LaLight:
vote: gkrieg L-2

He is so under the radar i kinda forgot he’s in a game
which is a scummy post in and off itself, with weak reasoning. I think it is a partner trying to join the wagon so he will look better, without any intention of following through.

And, lo and behold, then Galzria hops off some time later, and immediately afterwards:
vote: faust, maybe this’ll work this time
LaLight leaves as well.

Over the course of the Day, LaLight continues to switch to various people, but never back to gkrieg. He goes on to vote for Robz, PPS, me again, Idplay. He never goes back to gkrieg.

So there you have it. I think that is our scum team. Add to that that LaLight's claim is itself highly unconfirmable and convenient.

it's just everyone is scummy and some people are more scummy than others
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 20, 2018, 03:00:16 am »

faust, how is your claim even a little confirmable?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 20, 2018, 03:00:45 am »

looks very convenient as well, especially given that you claimed after IDPTG
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 08:34:46 am by iguanaiguana »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 20, 2018, 03:01:06 am »

vote: gkrieg

I think the Robz lynch is safer, but I've agreed on Gkrieg since early D2 - and I agree with you here.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 20, 2018, 03:02:05 am »

L-1

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 20, 2018, 03:02:24 am »

(If Hydrad's no-space vote counts)

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: July 20, 2018, 03:04:37 am »

Well I claimed 1-shot beast, and Idplay's item suggests there is more than one 1-shot beast.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 20, 2018, 03:08:58 am »

Well I claimed 1-shot beast, and Idplay's item suggests there is more than one 1-shot beast.

Why can't scum be 1-shot beast as well?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 20, 2018, 03:19:16 am »

There is also the fact that everyone's calim tie in with one another or with the setup:

Idplay is connected via his item to me and PPS.
I have an item for EFHW.
Hydrad is probably par of the alignment switching, and his disguise fits with Idplay's ability.
mcmc has Galzria's sword.
Robz is an alignment-changer.

The only ones that do not fit are Haddock, LaLight, gkrieg. Haddock gets a bit of a pass because he softclaimed D2, and because his results fit with Galzria's commuting.

this looks to me like a flawed reasoning. I mean everyone is connected but it doesn't mean everyone is town. You having an item for EFHW and being 1-shot beast makes sense as scum as well. Hydrad can be scum who just knows about the disguises. Why else would he have no abilities whatsoever? Why does mcmc have Galzria sword? Maybe he's scum who stole it. Robz started as scum and may be scum as well, by the way.

I can say the same: all scums are tied in the setup and have items of toenies and all the normal people are just Trackers and Motion Detectors and how wrong would I be. I am town with a really useless power, that's why I never softclaimed it (except asking Robz in the beginning of the D2 how was his night because I didn't know how to play this role)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 20, 2018, 03:22:51 am »

I am town and I think y'all being played by faust. I think gkrieg is scum, I think faust is another one and whoever else is the third one.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 20, 2018, 03:31:48 am »

Vote: gkrieg L-1

I'm townreading faust now. my biggest worry is the fact that hes not dead is for a scum read. And I don't think that is a good enough reason.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 20, 2018, 03:33:06 am »

also if needed I guess we can rotate items like fausts claim to see if hes telling the truth if needed.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 20, 2018, 03:37:52 am »

I can say the same: all scums are tied in the setup and have items of toenies and all the normal people are just Trackers and Motion Detectors and how wrong would I be. I am town with a really useless power, that's why I never softclaimed it (except asking Robz in the beginning of the D2 how was his night because I didn't know how to play this role)
You did post that.

so Robz, how was your night?

Hrm. Well that makes your claim less cooked up.

But! Presumably something triggered Robz' option to change alignment. That something is a scum power, since we have no townies claiming it. So having targeted Robz is still... problematic.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 20, 2018, 03:39:44 am »

I am also left. I am Max, a good-aligned machine and a motion detector.

I have no idea how good is motion-detector in rmms but here we are: first night i targeted Robz, second night Haddock. Both had some motions there.
Also, the way I understand, Haddock's action failed N2. So depending on how this is resolved that might mean that he actually took no action, so it is not explained where the supposed motion on Haddock came from.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 20, 2018, 03:40:53 am »

I am town and I think y'all being played by faust. I think gkrieg is scum, I think faust is another one and whoever else is the third one.
What do you mean "whoever else"? The third one was obviously Robz - or, you know, still is.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:18 am »

What do you mean "whoever else"? The third one was obviously Robz - or, you know, still is.

yeah, but someone else can be a scum if Robz is not. Hydrad could change alignment, or hydrad wasn't offered to change alignment, and, say, Haddock was and we don't know

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 20, 2018, 03:44:24 am »

You did post that.

But! Presumably something triggered Robz' option to change alignment. That something is a scum power, since we have no townies claiming it. So having targeted Robz is still... problematic.

It's possible that I, as Jack, targeting Robz, as Ashi, triggered him to fall in love with me (alignment switch option). I know nothing of this, but it would be kinda thematic.

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 20, 2018, 03:45:41 am »

So you presume, that I. as scum, targeted Robz to offer him to become town?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 20, 2018, 03:47:06 am »

I am also left. I am Max, a good-aligned machine and a motion detector.

I have no idea how good is motion-detector in rmms but here we are: first night i targeted Robz, second night Haddock. Both had some motions there.
Also, the way I understand, Haddock's action failed N2. So depending on how this is resolved that might mean that he actually took no action, so it is not explained where the supposed motion on Haddock came from.

Yes, I thought about that either. But given that Haddock softclaimed Tracker/Watcher, I think he might've been just Roleblocked. we don't know what power scums have

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 20, 2018, 03:52:36 am »

So you presume, that I. as scum, targeted Robz to offer him to become town?
I don't know. It may just be an offer to change alignment, and you wouldn't know which way. That is what I found most likely. What Galzria said also makes sense from a flavor perspective though. But it would be weird to be this completely hidden mechanic.

So, I don't know. I am by no means convinced that you're scum. I think gkrieg is most definitely scum. We can work from there.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 20, 2018, 03:54:15 am »

You did post that.

It's possible that I, as Jack, targeting Robz, as Ashi, triggered him to fall in love with me (alignment switch option). I know nothing of this, but it would be kinda thematic.
It would make some sense that your neighborhoods provide extra powers to your neighbors. Like it could also be that you can turn mcmc into a samurai.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 19 queries.