Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 120887 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #900 on: June 18, 2018, 03:29:59 am »

This is the order:

IDPTG
Hydrad
iguanaiguana
EFHW
Galzria
Space
Robz
DatSwan
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 18, 2018, 03:35:35 am »

cool.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 18, 2018, 04:13:24 am »

Aw, drat.. sorry for that one, town! :-( I came up with such a clumsy way of saying it, too, just so I could be sure I wasn't quoting anything.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 18, 2018, 04:21:33 am »

Hydrad, Space: how's that neighborhood going? I think it's reasonably likely there's a scum there.

I gave up posting in there after he said he was sure I'm scum, because expending effort on convincing him seemed less worthwhile than being useful to town in the main thread, where I know there are guaranteed townies. Now there are a bunch of short posts from Hydrad about building trust, but I feel a bit like it's all about winning opinion for him, and not enough about scumhunting.

In terms of what he's doing in-thread, I liked his immediate re-read of gkreig looking for possible indications of gkrieg's night results, but I'm not going to trust what Hydrad says without either taking the time to reread gkrieg myself (preferably), or at least seeing several people in here confirm that they've re-read gkrieg and come independently to the same conclusions. Sorry I didn't have time to do that tonight :-(

@ Hydrad - Confirm you stopped posting as mentioned?

Are you asking if u stopped posting or space.

I kept posting small things but they didn't have much content in them.

Space basically hasn't posted anything though stating they would rather focus on the main thread

I feel it's rather important to mention that I've made a minimal post today to prove I can still post there, in case that's where this line of questioning is going!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 18, 2018, 04:25:58 am »

Hydrad, Space: how's that neighborhood going? I think it's reasonably likely there's a scum there.

I gave up posting in there after he said he was sure I'm scum, because expending effort on convincing him seemed less worthwhile than being useful to town in the main thread, where I know there are guaranteed townies. Now there are a bunch of short posts from Hydrad about building trust, but I feel a bit like it's all about winning opinion for him, and not enough about scumhunting.

In terms of what he's doing in-thread, I liked his immediate re-read of gkreig looking for possible indications of gkrieg's night results, but I'm not going to trust what Hydrad says without either taking the time to reread gkrieg myself (preferably), or at least seeing several people in here confirm that they've re-read gkrieg and come independently to the same conclusions. Sorry I didn't have time to do that tonight :-(

@ Hydrad - Confirm you stopped posting as mentioned?

Are you asking if u stopped posting or space.

I kept posting small things but they didn't have much content in them.

Space basically hasn't posted anything though stating they would rather focus on the main thread

I feel it's rather important to mention that I've made a minimal post today to prove I can still post there, in case that's where this line of questioning is going!

it is true. although I'm still talking a bit.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 18, 2018, 04:26:10 am »

Its just a lot quieter now :D

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 18, 2018, 05:10:44 am »

And how, exactly, does it help us lynch correctly?

Are you asking "how mass claiming after 3 nights of results in an RMM would help us lynch correctly?"

Yes.

information gathered at this point from town any individual town is almost certain. Therefore, to not divulge information is to create an opportunity for skum to keep that info from coming to light by eliminating town players prior to their ability to give the information.
Now that can technically be said at any point in time - So I guess my question is... where is your line? If not today, when do you prefer to claim? (and/or do you prefer to claim at all?)
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 18, 2018, 05:11:54 am »

Are you asking "how mass claiming after 3 nights of results in an RMM would help us lynch correctly?"

Yes.

information gathered at this point from town any individual town is almost certain. Therefore, to not divulge information is to create an opportunity for skum to keep that info from coming to light by eliminating town players prior to their ability to give the information.
Now that can technically be said at any point in time - So I guess my question is... where is your line? If not today, when do you prefer to claim? (and/or do you prefer to claim at all?)

tired- remove the first "town".
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 18, 2018, 07:30:39 am »

I won't have anything to reveal, but I expect to be able to back up someone else's claim.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 18, 2018, 11:31:55 am »

Yes.

My line is that people who have something to claim should do so rather than everyone claiming. What if there's a 1-shot Vig who hasn't shot yet? What if there was no NK because of a Doctor? I don't understand why asking to get your PRs is good.

As for scum NKing players to keep infomation from coming to light, that's why I think that people who have something to claim should do so. I'm not saying no one should claim, I'm saying we shouldn't massclaim.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 18, 2018, 11:32:32 am »

Yes.

My line is that people who have something to claim should do so rather than everyone claiming. What if there's a 1-shot Vig who hasn't shot yet? What if there was no NK because of a Doctor? I don't understand why asking to get your PRs sniped is good.

As for scum NKing players to keep infomation from coming to light, that's why I think that people who have something to claim should do so. I'm not saying no one should claim, I'm saying we shouldn't massclaim.

Missed a word

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 18, 2018, 11:50:52 am »

There's other benefits to a mass claim.

A mass claim with a decent ordering can catch scum inadvertantly in a lie about what they did at night. Sometimes night actions contradict each other and you can lynch based on that info. I've seen that happen a lot. Sometimes people can corroborate each other's stories about night actions and you know that they are either both lying or both telling the truth.

As a for instance, say there is a doctor and a redirector. Pretty reasonable, considering we saw one night kill fail and when we think scum probably expected it to go through and we saw another night kill hit a person we don't think scum was trying to shoot.

Well, the doctor can claim who they protected N2, and we probably shouldn't lynch that person. Then the redirector can claim which person they protected by redirecting onto gkrieg, and we shouldn't lynch that person. And if the redirector and doctor are both townie claims and consistent with other people's claims, we know they are not fake claims.

Or, if they get counter claimed, we can sort that out and lynch between them if we don't think there are two doctors.

This is why I said that my best scum read for now is Galzria. I think it's an OK shot at being correct, but I'd much rather lynch with all the information that may come out with a mass claim instead. I'm not confident enough on Galzria at all. I don't see how anyone can be confident enough about their top scum read to not want the extra information we'll get from a mass claim.

As far as scum knowing who to shoot, it's not really that simple. Say just the redirector claims his targets. Then, scum will just shoot the redirector, and maybe if there's a doctor he'll be protected. But if everyone claims, town as well as scum may know better who to target with their PRs. We may be able to coordinate at night to either expose scum or protect important PRs. There's a lot of potential that we just don't really know about until we try it.

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 18, 2018, 11:54:00 am »

Each town is looking for scum in a pool of 3/7 other players. If a mass claim can even tell us with reasonable certainty that 2 players are likely town, then town can look for scum out of a pool of 3/5. 3/5 is way better odds than 3/7. We don't need guilty results for it to be a good idea.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 18, 2018, 01:21:31 pm »

I still think this is a bad idea. But whatever. I'll go along with it, just waiting on a thing for phrasing purposes.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 18, 2018, 04:58:00 pm »

My role is Town-Aligned Cancer [redacted] Enabler. I don't want to go any further than that since it's related to scum and I want to leave some uncertainty for them about whether it's positive or negative utility. If I die tonight, you'll get the flip and know. If I'm alive tomorrow, I'll reveal it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: June 18, 2018, 07:20:24 pm »

My turn!

I'm a Macho 1-shot lightning rod/neighbor

and no one can figure out if I still have my 1-shot or not. its a secret.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:17 pm »

I am a rolestopping motivator.

So I can target one person at night, and any other night actions that target them will fail, and if they have an active role, they will be able to use it twice the following night.

I had a town read on IDPTG on N1 and didn't trust McMc or Galz enough to motivate them, so I targeted IDPTG N1. Sounds like it didn't do anything.

N2 I thought about who scum was most likely to kill and I targeted EFHW. By this time, I had a scum read on Galz and McMc was dead. I also considered Robz but didn't think he was active enough to draw the NK. EFHW was off wagon and townie. Anyway, it's possible that my targeting her was what prevented the NK N2.

N3 I won't say who I targeted, so that scum doesn't have extra incentive to kill the motivated player. It wasn't gkrieg.

The only role related reason to think Galz is scum is that I am a protective role and I never protected him, and Jim was a protective role and he's dead. Galzria is probably too scummy to get NKed now but I am surprised if he is town and no one protected him that he would still be alive. It's also possible that Jim bulletproofed Galz N1 and that scum tried to shoot him N2. 

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 18, 2018, 09:42:55 pm »

I can confirm that I have received the benefit  iguana describes. I am the Liver. I also have a protective type role, and have been protecting iguana.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 18, 2018, 09:45:29 pm »

This is all fascinating!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 18, 2018, 10:00:25 pm »

I am a Reflexive Cop. I'm told which alignments target me each Night. On N1 I was targeted by one Scum and one Town. On N2 I was targeted by one Town. On N3 I received no result (I'm unclear if I was prevented from getting a result, or if nobody targeted me - as it would return "No Results" either way).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 18, 2018, 10:06:25 pm »

I am a Reflexive Cop. I'm told which alignments target me each Night. On N1 I was targeted by one Scum and one Town. On N2 I was targeted by one Town. On N3 I received no result (I'm unclear if I was prevented from getting a result, or if nobody targeted me - as it would return "No Results" either way).

this is one of my favorite roles. I like the idea.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 18, 2018, 10:40:35 pm »

Nice

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 19, 2018, 01:55:01 am »

Clarification - you are saying you are certain in this set up that you would receive no result either way, or you are assuming it?
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 19, 2018, 05:26:54 am »

My turn, since waiting for Galz's confirmation will probably take a while with the timezones.

I'm the prostate. In addition to being in a neighbourhood with Hydrad, I have a one-shot I'm not saying any more about. I have no useful results, and have not protected anyone all game.. I think those are useful pieces of info to have out there.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 19, 2018, 09:25:05 am »

I'm the Pancreas, a Compulsive 2-Shot Vanilla-izer. I had to shoot until I was out of shots, and if I didn't specify a target, it would be chosen at random.

Night 1 I picked mcmc. I had fallen behind and didn't have any strong scum reads, but I figured that if mcmc was town there was a good chance he would be killed Night 1 anyway, as he often is, so it wouldn't be doing any damage. Didn't work out that way, sadly.

Night 2 I picked Eevee. His flip says he was Ascetic, so I would assume it did not work.

I'm out of shots now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50  All

Page created in 1.568 seconds with 20 queries.