Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 120906 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #450 on: June 05, 2018, 12:35:28 pm »

I'd like to hear IDPTG's insight about Awaclus.

I missed something. With so little information in the set-up post, I haven't reread it as much as I normally do so I don't remember it as well. unvote

Idea went poof?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 05, 2018, 12:36:27 pm »

Vote: gkrieg

i'm ok with this.

Can you just remind me so I don't have to look it up please? Were you the "gut feel" GK vote yesterday or did you have a reason?

mainly gut feel I guess. But I just feel like hes different then his usual self in the last couple games i've seen. And I think hes been town in all those games I've seen. So therefore, Gkreig = scum.

I really don’t see how I’m any different this game.
If you are scum, you are trying not to be any different, so your perspective is not really so relevant for this.

.. but, I think usually people feel different because they’ve gotten less sleep, are tired from doing sports, had a fight/great moment with their significant other, what have you. So many factors go into what we seem like, to me arguments that go further with “and this different is scummy because I’ve seen it before or scum / it benefits scum to do this” are much stronger than just someone posting with a different style. Heck, someone going from computer posting to phone posting would probably seem completely different, right?
What are you trying to say here?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 05, 2018, 12:36:39 pm »

Vote: Awaclus I was somewhat townreading him day 1, but what Iguana is so elegantly laying out sounds like a gambit Awaclus would totally go for as scum. You know, some naive person might even agree with him because it sounds fun..

Ugh, you just sound like you are trying to buddy me.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 05, 2018, 12:42:12 pm »

I'd like to hear IDPTG's insight about Awaclus.

I missed something. With so little information in the set-up post, I haven't reread it as much as I normally do so I don't remember it as well. unvote

Idea went poof?

Yeah. Slips aren't slips when they're in the set-up post. I said I had a (1) reason.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #454 on: June 05, 2018, 12:44:25 pm »

I want to lynch Lalight. He has 9 posts total, some of which are off-task. This post reads as illogical=scummy to me. Of course we shouldn't lynch town, but the point is we don't know if he is or not. That bit of reasoning seems unnecessary and like scum trying to look like town:

I am against mass claiming for now. Scum will know who to kill to get a cool role.

I lean scum on EFHW for voting for Awaclus, I don't think he's scum. And whether he's cluttering the thread or not, if he's town we shouldn't vote him. Also, @SA, how exactly do we know 31% of people are scums? Maybe here's only one scum and the setup is still balanced? Looks like a scumslip to me

He never answered this question:

I would very much like to vote: Eevee

Call it gut
Can you spell out the gut feeling?

And his mcmc vote timing was scummy, as I mentioned recently.

The points she made reminded of me when LaLight was scum in the most recent game I played with him.  Voting without giving reasons.  I didn't think the knowing there were 4 scums thing was scummy though.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 05, 2018, 12:46:45 pm »

Vote: Awaclus I was somewhat townreading him day 1, but what Iguana is so elegantly laying out sounds like a gambit Awaclus would totally go for as scum. You know, some naive person might even agree with him because it sounds fun..

Haha, this is what I though of Eevee's most recent reply to my post...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 05, 2018, 01:08:03 pm »

You are all my buddies! You know this.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 05, 2018, 01:14:32 pm »

Vote: gkrieg

i'm ok with this.

Can you just remind me so I don't have to look it up please? Were you the "gut feel" GK vote yesterday or did you have a reason?

mainly gut feel I guess. But I just feel like hes different then his usual self in the last couple games i've seen. And I think hes been town in all those games I've seen. So therefore, Gkreig = scum.

I really don’t see how I’m any different this game.
If you are scum, you are trying not to be any different, so your perspective is not really so relevant for this.

.. but, I think usually people feel different because they’ve gotten less sleep, are tired from doing sports, had a fight/great moment with their significant other, what have you. So many factors go into what we seem like, to me arguments that go further with “and this different is scummy because I’ve seen it before or scum / it benefits scum to do this” are much stronger than just someone posting with a different style. Heck, someone going from computer posting to phone posting would probably seem completely different, right?
What are you trying to say here?
You seem different is not a great reason to vote for someone on its own.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 05, 2018, 01:15:05 pm »

You are all my buddies! You know this.

It seemed liked scummy/scum buddying though, because I myself don't consider the 'case' to be that elegant or convincing. It was a line of inquiry that I considered worth pursuing because there was some merit in it, but the responses from Awaclus giving no ground whatsoever to my critiques are pretty standard for him.

I do stil think that Awaclus is on the scummier side of null, but now I think you are just as scummy for taking this case and using it as a reason to vote.

In other news, I'm developing a would lynch / won't lynch list, but I'm going to sit on it for a while and see who other people are interested in voting.

No single person right now is scummy enough that I am convinced to vote them, but I'm sure that will change.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 05, 2018, 01:21:51 pm »

@DatSwan, is your gkrieg vote based on your VCA? Do you draw any conclusions from the BCA? Why did you comment on Eevee leaving LL at 0 votes?

The eevee comment was to timeline the fact that LL went from 0->lynch from that point.

My GK vote is mainly VCA yes.
I am unfamiliar with what BCA is?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 05, 2018, 01:29:56 pm »

yeah, gkrieg was on every main wagon yesterday it looks like.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 05, 2018, 01:37:17 pm »

Well, it was elegant to me because you were owning him using awaclusspeak. Really loved it.

And for someone who really prides themselves for being logical, his stance on claiming really made and continues to make no sense. Awaclus doesn’t like how we don’t always lynch people for doing anti-town things. I could see him thinking “well, i can play that game too..”

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 05, 2018, 01:38:50 pm »

Is that scummy?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 05, 2018, 01:43:43 pm »

Is that scummy?

I don't know yet, but it's certainly enough of a thing to merit discussion. I want to know particularly why you switched from McMc to Lalight. It seemed like the pivot that ensured Lalight got lynched.

I think I already asked you about this.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 05, 2018, 02:55:49 pm »

Is that scummy?

I don't know yet, but it's certainly enough of a thing to merit discussion. I want to know particularly why you switched from McMc to Lalight. It seemed like the pivot that ensured Lalight got lynched.

You did, and I responded to it.  I'm also very prone to wagoning D1.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: June 05, 2018, 02:57:23 pm »

Is that scummy?

Ok cool, so who is scummy now?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 05, 2018, 03:16:39 pm »

Is that scummy?

Ok cool, so who is scummy now?

I still think Mcmcsalot is scummy, but I haven't really gone back to reread yet.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 05, 2018, 03:51:47 pm »

@DatSwan, is your gkrieg vote based on your VCA? Do you draw any conclusions from the BCA? Why did you comment on Eevee leaving LL at 0 votes?

The eevee comment was to timeline the fact that LL went from 0->lynch from that point.

My GK vote is mainly VCA yes.
I am unfamiliar with what BCA is?
It's a typo.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 05, 2018, 03:52:39 pm »

Argh, another busy day. Sorry. I'm also traveling Thursday through Saturday, we will see how much time I have.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 05, 2018, 06:58:45 pm »

I don't hate the Awaclus lynch idea: I disagreed with his logic on D1 and found his "no second guessing the mod" and "we can't possibly know any single thing about the setup" arguments to be severely lacking in nuance. However I feel like we're regressing a lot to D1 behaviour... don't we have more out there to play with now?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 05, 2018, 07:09:52 pm »

I don't hate the Awaclus lynch idea: I disagreed with his logic on D1 and found his "no second guessing the mod" and "we can't possibly know any single thing about the setup" arguments to be severely lacking in nuance. However I feel like we're regressing a lot to D1 behaviour... don't we have more out there to play with now?

Is this like super subtly asking for some form of claim? Don’t you think a little early to be outting roles?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 05, 2018, 08:09:08 pm »

Is this like super subtly asking for some form of claim? Don’t you think a little early to be outting roles?

I don't know whether I think the Awaclus stuff is based on someone pushing it again because of role info, or because arguing with Awaclus is something that just kind of sucks people in. My word of warning was in case of the former, and the "more to play with" is at least stuff like the neighbourhoods discussion.

Personally, I think there's something interesting and discussion-worth there, both in the even itself and how people are reacting to it. Still nobody has come out and claimed to have been in a neighbourhood with Jimmmmm. I don't see many townie reasons to stay quiet in the main thread now that at least one scum has access to the neighbourhood, so I think that means a subset of scum probably have a neighbourhood. The only neighbourhood I've been in was a very useful space in which to daychat with Robz about how to lie to the rest of town and win M116, so two scums having that kind of power is not good. Howcome people aren't talking more about it?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 05, 2018, 08:21:30 pm »

Sorry all, been more busy than I planned to be yesterday & today. I'm off work tomorrow through Friday though, so should be able to do some rereads - Got some people flying under the radar that I want to take a closer look at (3 in particular, not gonna call 'em out here yet though).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #473 on: June 05, 2018, 08:53:02 pm »

Personally, I think there's something interesting and discussion-worth there, both in the even itself and how people are reacting to it. Still nobody has come out and claimed to have been in a neighbourhood with Jimmmmm. I don't see many townie reasons to stay quiet in the main thread now that at least one scum has access to the neighbourhood, so I think that means a subset of scum probably have a neighbourhood. The only neighbourhood I've been in was a very useful space in which to daychat with Robz about how to lie to the rest of town and win M116, so two scums having that kind of power is not good. Howcome people aren't talking more about it?

Why do you think there were more than 2 people in the neighborhood?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 05, 2018, 10:44:56 pm »

It does seem like Jimmmmm's town!neighbor(s) could claim here. They won't be IC though, since they could be scum fake claiming.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50  All

Page created in 2.44 seconds with 20 queries.