Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 120905 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #425 on: June 05, 2018, 07:28:21 am »

Oh, and vote: Awaclus

So you're mcmc's scum partner OMGUSing me on his behalf?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2018, 07:30:55 am »

@DatSwan, is your gkrieg vote based on your VCA? Do you draw any conclusions from the BCA? Why did you comment on Eevee leaving LL at 0 votes?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2018, 09:10:45 am »

My thoughts on the Jimmmmm kill were

1. It may point to a commonly NK'd player on the scum team.

Why?

Jimmmm is not a commonly night killed player, so with a reduced pool for that, scum is more likely to shoot Jim
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2018, 09:21:04 am »

Okay so jimm being in a neighborhood I assume is coincidental. He was most likely in a neighborhood with the liver or multiple organs in the abdominal cavity.

You know, he flipped as the kidney, not kidneys. Maybe the neighborhood is both kidneys or scum has kidney for a fakeclaim.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2018, 09:25:03 am »

OHHH i am talking to datswan, nevermind hydrad.

This seems to be becoming a commonish issue for some reason. I wonder why

Right and this one I didn't even like catch. Other game sure - bc you were dead and it was like wtf, but now it is starting to get odd

Probably its because you both have a black figure in the center of your avatar. doesn't affect me but others have stated issues telling apart players with similar avatars.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2018, 09:36:02 am »

Besides that, he could be scum!but!not!McMc's!partner making up a reason to vote you, or town voting for scum!Awaclus after finding you out, or town voting for scum!Awaclus for the wrong reasons, or town voting for town!Awaclus mistakenly, or even McMc's scum partner who voted you for other fake reasons besides OMGUS.

When you weigh all the options, I think it's more likely that he's not actually mcmc's scum partner OMGUSing you on mcmc's behalf, so I wouldn't place a bet on that or anything.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #431 on: June 05, 2018, 09:50:35 am »

Awaclus because the plan he proposed for the mass claim seems like something he migjt try as scum then argue its all jist sound reasoning even though he knows it isn't.

What part about it is not sound reasoning?

I think you may know this is not actually sound reasoning:

But currently we've massclaimed a grand total of 0 times. Clearly at least our collective thinking is that it isn't a 50-50 shot, or we'd be doing it day 1 at least sometimes.

Yeah, but that's based on playing WIFOM against the mod, which I think is a bad idea.

One would simply need to look at a sample of past games of mafia played here to see that usually town has more to lose than gain by claiming D1, and that should set the odds of a D1 massclaim here at less than 50% chance of being good. Calling it playing 'wifom against the mod' to set the odds anywhere but 50-50 ignores all the previous evidence we have from previous games of mafia on this site. Add in the information we already know from the setup that scum get a chance to steal town PRs and may want to know all the town PRs in order to steal them, and the fact that we don't know for sure whether or not scum have really solid fake claims, and the odds should be lower than 50% that a D1 massclaim would be good for town.

So what I'm left with are a few possiblities:

1) You're scum, and you were hoping some/all town would claim their roles and give you an advantage.
2) You're town, and you see this logic differently for some reason.
3) You're scum, and you see this logic differently for some reason, so you expected town cred for proposing it.

I guess if you can explain why you see it differently, that would move you back from scummy into null for me.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2018, 10:05:25 am »

I remember Awaclus as scum stating he was changing up his game to become more helpful, which he did, and it turned out it was an act (a successful one, I think). Here he's changing up his game without a pronouncement. I'd like to hear IDPTG's insight about Awaclus.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2018, 10:15:04 am »

vote: LaLight.  EFHW makes a good case.

Can you explain why you thought EFHW's case was good? Your switch from McMc to Lalight was pretty pivotal in assuring that Lalight got lynched yesterday.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 05, 2018, 10:21:13 am »

Jimm was a total null factor yesterday. I think the wagon was actually fairly townie.

Lets go with sole pr related stuff then. For starters, I was targeted last night and I'll leave it there for now.

gkrieg also prodded mcmc about this. I'm not following this logic either.

If the wagon is townie, do you think that scum were trying to stay off wagon? So you think we'll find a higher percentage of scum in the pool of: Iguana, Awaclus, IDPTG, Robz than we will in the pool of EFHW, gkrieg13, Galzria, Hydrad, Eevee, DatSwan, SpaceAnemone?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 05, 2018, 10:51:07 am »

Vote: gkrieg

i'm ok with this.

Can you just remind me so I don't have to look it up please? Were you the "gut feel" GK vote yesterday or did you have a reason?

mainly gut feel I guess. But I just feel like hes different then his usual self in the last couple games i've seen. And I think hes been town in all those games I've seen. So therefore, Gkreig = scum.

I really don’t see how I’m any different this game.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 05, 2018, 10:53:45 am »

Can you explain why you thought EFHW's case was good? Your switch from McMc to Lalight was pretty pivotal in assuring that Lalight got lynched yesterday.

I remember thinking that LaLight makes a lot of effort to not get mislynched. I wanted to put pressure on him so I could see that, but he did t really show up again while I was there, which I though was scummy of him.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 05, 2018, 11:21:56 am »

I remember thinking that LaLight makes a lot of effort to not get mislynched. I wanted to put pressure on him so I could see that, but he did t really show up again while I was there, which I though was scummy of him.

Did you consider at all how recently he's been mislynched frequently and didn't put up as much of a fight as he used to?

Was there any actual substance to EFHW's case that you agreed with?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #438 on: June 05, 2018, 11:30:39 am »

or town voting for scum!Awaclus after finding you out, or town voting for scum!Awaclus for the wrong reasons

Well, it can't be either of those two options.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #439 on: June 05, 2018, 11:33:30 am »

I guess if you can explain why you see it differently, that would move you back from scummy into null for me.

It's a closed setup. If you're trying to guess what the setup is, that's playing WIFOM against the mod because it might not be what you think it is.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 05, 2018, 11:39:18 am »

It's a closed setup. If you're trying to guess what the setup is, that's playing WIFOM against the mod because it might not be what you think it is.

Don't you think that Faust's past record of creating closed RMM setups where it isn't good to massclaim D1, combined with the small amount of public information, should be used as evidence against a D1 claim in this game?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 05, 2018, 11:40:26 am »

Also, how do we flip a coin over the internet in a verifiable way? What was your plan there? If we all agreed, were you planning to flip a coin yourself and report the result?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #442 on: June 05, 2018, 11:46:19 am »

Don't you think that Faust's past record of creating closed RMM setups where it isn't good to massclaim D1, combined with the small amount of public information, should be used as evidence against a D1 claim in this game?

No.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #443 on: June 05, 2018, 11:46:43 am »

Also, how do we flip a coin over the internet in a verifiable way? What was your plan there? If we all agreed, were you planning to flip a coin yourself and report the result?

Like this:
Rolled 1d2 : 1, total 1

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 05, 2018, 11:47:10 am »

No.

Why?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #445 on: June 05, 2018, 11:48:23 am »

Why?

Because this is not any of his previous games, it's the current game. It may or may not be different.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 05, 2018, 12:12:42 pm »

I'd like to hear IDPTG's insight about Awaclus.

I missed something. With so little information in the set-up post, I haven't reread it as much as I normally do so I don't remember it as well. unvote

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 05, 2018, 12:14:20 pm »

Yeah, totally. You caught me. Nice job. Game's over folks, Awaclus for MVP. You too Galz.

If we lynched you today would be be a mislynch?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 05, 2018, 12:25:16 pm »

Vote: Awaclus I was somewhat townreading him day 1, but what Iguana is so elegantly laying out sounds like a gambit Awaclus would totally go for as scum. You know, some naive person might even agree with him because it sounds fun..

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 05, 2018, 12:31:14 pm »

Vote: gkrieg

i'm ok with this.

Can you just remind me so I don't have to look it up please? Were you the "gut feel" GK vote yesterday or did you have a reason?

mainly gut feel I guess. But I just feel like hes different then his usual self in the last couple games i've seen. And I think hes been town in all those games I've seen. So therefore, Gkreig = scum.

I really don’t see how I’m any different this game.
If you are scum, you are trying not to be any different, so your perspective is not really so relevant for this.

.. but, I think usually people feel different because they’ve gotten less sleep, are tired from doing sports, had a fight/great moment with their significant other, what have you. So many factors go into what we seem like, to me arguments that go further with “and this different is scummy because I’ve seen it before or scum / it benefits scum to do this” are much stronger than just someone posting with a different style. Heck, someone going from computer posting to phone posting would probably seem completely different, right?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50  All

Page created in 2.28 seconds with 20 queries.