Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50  All

Author Topic: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Game over)  (Read 120960 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: RMM48: Cancer Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #375 on: June 04, 2018, 02:22:32 pm »

but it would be kinda awkward.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 04, 2018, 02:23:29 pm »

actually I think that would be kinda hilarious. If I could just talk to scum kinda guessing who they are. I'd enjoy that.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 04, 2018, 02:24:10 pm »

Also I believe that if Jimmm used his 1-shot then scum wouldn't have their 1-shot either. But we can wait on faust to confirm that

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 04, 2018, 02:57:47 pm »

If Jimmmm used his bulletproofer shot, would the mafia that inherited his role from killing him (assuming that is how he died) also get a shot, or would they just be a neighbor?

Hold up -

Scum inherit the powers of the night-killed, yes?

So if Jimmm's neighbor is still alive and is town, then would scum have taken Jimmm's place in the neighborhood? --- That is:

If someone were Jimmm's neighbor, and they now have a new person in their QT, that person must be scum...

Right?

I assume scum took it from knowing Jimmmm's role, and knew that they would get his bulletproofing capabilities.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2018, 03:21:50 pm »

If Jimmmm used his bulletproofer shot, would the mafia that inherited his role from killing him (assuming that is how he died) also get a shot, or would they just be a neighbor?
Scum will inherit any role with however many shot are left. They are not informed how many shots are left.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2018, 03:29:37 pm »

I also think its fairly likely that flavor is tied to role based on the flips we have seen.

I strongly disagree with this.

Flavor and role are somewhat related. I came into this game completely against role claiming and asked faust N0 so I wouldn't have to wait for an answer if people brought up flavor claiming.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 04, 2018, 03:37:31 pm »

I also think its fairly likely that flavor is tied to role based on the flips we have seen.

Flavor and role are somewhat related. I came into this game completely against role claiming and asked faust N0 so I wouldn't have to wait for an answer if people brought up flavor claiming.

I guess mine doesn't seem very related, although I guess you could shoehorn it in there.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 04, 2018, 05:05:49 pm »

Why ask faust? Or what? You would know if your flavor matched your role.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 04, 2018, 07:05:13 pm »

Hold up -

So if Jimmm's neighbor is still alive and is town, then would scum have taken Jimmm's place in the neighborhood? --- That is:

If someone were Jimmm's neighbor, and they now have a new person in their QT, that person must be scum...

Right?

I assume scum took it from knowing Jimmmm's role, and knew that they would get his bulletproofing capabilities.

I do not really agree with this in terms of "because to get his BP ability", just because I don't think a 1 shot BP is really like all that crazy strong - but whatever, not my primary point anyways. Main point would kind of the other side of what Galz pointed out about the Neighbor Changing or whatever.

I am just gonna get ahead of the questions here and say that "my pr is complicated" (or at least it is to me). Specifically, it leads me to believe it is possible that Skum!Neighbor may of had a PR that expires, or is forced to be used at an exact time.
Essentially what I am trying to say that if there was a situation last night where Skum!Nieghbor was "forced" to be the person to carry out the kill - then they would of had to kill Jim right?  I am saying this under the assumption they would be removed from the Neighborhood or whatever once that was no longer part of their PR.

Does that make sense? I just re read it and I feel like it follows.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 04, 2018, 07:15:15 pm »

Hold up -

Right?

I do not really agree with this in terms of "because to get his BP ability", just because I don't think a 1 shot BP is really like all that crazy strong - but whatever, not my primary point anyways. Main point would kind of the other side of what Galz pointed out about the Neighbor Changing or whatever.

I am just gonna get ahead of the questions here and say that "my pr is complicated" (or at least it is to me). Specifically, it leads me to believe it is possible that Skum!Neighbor may of had a PR that expires, or is forced to be used at an exact time.
Essentially what I am trying to say that if there was a situation last night where Skum!Nieghbor was "forced" to be the person to carry out the kill - then they would of had to kill Jim right?  I am saying this under the assumption they would be removed from the Neighborhood or whatever once that was no longer part of their PR.

DAMA,

But no, I don't follow.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 04, 2018, 07:20:07 pm »

Are you suggesting that if Jimmm's neighbor (scum) had (for some reason) to do the kill for his team last night, then he - by necessity - had to kill Jimmm because by virtue of scum's power changing Jimmm would know that his neighbor was scum?

That seems... convoluted to my drunk state of mind.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2018, 07:28:51 pm »

I do agree though that killing Jimmm for his potential power here (If Jimmm used his power last night then scum acquiring it is non-value anyway) seems like a weak play for scum. Unless said scum is inexperienced on playing to a town neighbor, having the town neighbor would be much more valuable to me then potentially gaining Jimmm's role here. One of my favorite (lost) games from way back was getting absolutely owned by scum!Robz in a neighborhood QT - Was it Modern Family, Robz? - because it showed just how powerful that could play in scum's favor.

Mafia Record:

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2018, 07:50:58 pm »

My flavour and role don't match up all that well, so add me as a tally to the tally of people who're not totally sure how much to expect role and flavour to be obviously linked.

I like what gkrieg was doing about trying to find Jimmmmm neighbours. I was in the M game that just finished, where Hydrad's neighbourhood was really useful, though of course there was still the problem of making Robz (who was a de facto IC over there, and with whom I shared the neighbourhood after other neighbours had died) believe I was town.. so presumably Jimmmmm wouldn't have believed outright that his neighbour was town on D1, would he?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2018, 07:57:50 pm »

Why all the self recriminations? Hammering was the right move,  even though we ended up being wrong

Yeah, I rushed in thinking that hammering was really the right answer without thinking much about it beyond that it's usually something we want to do. I'm not generally afraid of overthinking things, but here I took the "normal" option instead of giving LL a fair re-read, so now I feel guilt because I'd have liked to play more with him.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2018, 08:11:53 pm »

My thoughts on the Jimmmmm kill were

1. It may point to a commonly NK'd player on the scum team.
2. Maybe scum had some narrative in mind for 'explaining the odd NK' which I guess would point to gkrieg.

I think the neighbor theory gkrieg put up is interesting but not the likeliest thing.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2018, 08:42:24 pm »

I do agree though that killing Jimmm for his potential power here (If Jimmm used his power last night then scum acquiring it is non-value anyway) seems like a weak play for scum. Unless said scum is inexperienced on playing to a town neighbor, having the town neighbor would be much more valuable to me then potentially gaining Jimmm's role here. One of my favorite (lost) games from way back was getting absolutely owned by scum!Robz in a neighborhood QT - Was it Modern Family, Robz? - because it showed just how powerful that could play in scum's favor.
Modern Community. I remember it well.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2018, 08:45:42 pm »

Jimmmmm was the one with the neighbor power, so even if the scum had a time-limited power, it would be something else and Jimmmmm wouldn't know anything. If there was a scum!Neighborizer, they would have their own separate neighborhood.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 04, 2018, 09:16:42 pm »

Modern Community. I remember it well.
Modern Community was such a great game. The same thing also happened in Ozle’s first Murder Mystery Mafia. I think it was scumGalzria running circles around me in that game.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 04, 2018, 09:48:04 pm »

DAMA I feel like I get what Hydrad is saying and that I did good things during the night. If that makes sense to hydrad he should let me know.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 04, 2018, 09:52:45 pm »

I feel out on the mafia lingo. whats DAMA

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 04, 2018, 09:57:21 pm »

Yep, that was the one. Great game!

If Jimm was in a neighborhood with scum, I would expect scum to NOT kill him, for this reason. In fact, in the game that just wrapped up, I may the correct assumption that the neighborizer (hydrad) was town, because the guy he neigbhborized Night 1 (WW) was the Night 2 mafia kill.

You should really read M-116, Galz. It's an example of me playing well as town!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 04, 2018, 09:57:32 pm »

DAMA: Drunk, ask me anything

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2018, 09:58:01 pm »

My thoughts on the Jimmmmm kill were

1. It may point to a commonly NK'd player on the scum team.

Why?

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2018, 10:00:15 pm »

DAMA I feel like I get what Hydrad is saying and that I did good things during the night. If that makes sense to hydrad he should let me know.

Ok i'll be honest I have no idea what this is trying to say. So no it does not make sense to me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2018, 10:03:11 pm »

Ok i'll be honest I have no idea what this is trying to say. So no it does not make sense to me.

I also have no idea what it was trying to say, although my guess is some kind of letter messenger thing, that hydrad apparently did not receive?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50  All

Page created in 2.504 seconds with 19 queries.