Dominion > Dominion Articles

Villa Quarry: A PSA

<< < (2/4) > >>

Chappy7:

--- Quote from: Erick648 on April 26, 2018, 03:20:52 pm ---One thing to keep in mind, though, is that you don't necessarily want all of the Villas.  If you don't need additional actions or buys, Villa is basically just a Copper (that can be drawn dead, costs more, etc.), and gaining a bunch of Coppers to your hand is probably not the best move.

So while this combo is certainly useful, you should take care not to do it unthinkingly just because you can; make sure that every Villa you buy is making your deck stronger rather than weaker (or denying your opponent, moving towards a three-pile, or serving some other purpose that makes it worthwhile).  Even without this combo, I've often seen inexperienced players overbuy Villas just because it's convenient even when those Villas did them more harm than good.

--- End quote ---

Even though your point is totally true, I feel inclined to point out that in this case villas don't cost more than coppers. 

Erick648:

--- Quote from: Chappy7 on April 26, 2018, 05:37:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Erick648 on April 26, 2018, 03:20:52 pm ---One thing to keep in mind, though, is that you don't necessarily want all of the Villas.  If you don't need additional actions or buys, Villa is basically just a Copper (that can be drawn dead, costs more, etc.), and gaining a bunch of Coppers to your hand is probably not the best move.

So while this combo is certainly useful, you should take care not to do it unthinkingly just because you can; make sure that every Villa you buy is making your deck stronger rather than weaker (or denying your opponent, moving towards a three-pile, or serving some other purpose that makes it worthwhile).  Even without this combo, I've often seen inexperienced players overbuy Villas just because it's convenient even when those Villas did them more harm than good.

--- End quote ---
Even though your point is totally true, I feel inclined to point out that in this case villas don't cost more than coppers.

--- End quote ---
I was referring to their cost once they're in your deck, for things like Remodel, Bishop, etc. (especially if Quarry is your cost-reducer).  That is, even if they're only Coppers on-play, they could still have the same trash-for-benefit uses as, say, Rats (as long as you play your trash-for-benefit card before your cost-reducers).

Seprix:
But can you do an infinite VP combo with Goons and Trader using Villa

Screwyioux:

--- End quote ---

I'm glad you pointed that out. Whether or not Villas are good for your deck will more often than not determine whether or not this little interaction is useful in any way.

Honkeyfresh:
On the same topic a fantastic engine to murder your opponents that i pulled out the other day and just crushed someone.  Villa/Bridge on same board.  Buy literally as many bridges as you can get your hands on.  If they collide just buy cheap villas.  needs a tiny bit of draw but this absolutely crushed

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version