Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 78605 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #575 on: May 28, 2018, 08:57:00 am »

Space makes a good point. Unvote
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 28, 2018, 09:04:05 am »

On the non-claiming front, I'd be happy with a Cuzz lynch, but I think Awaclus has a less townie voting history that any of the other names currently in the lynchpool (which I think is PPS, e, Cuzz and Awaclus). For e, Cuzz and PPS, there are at least a couple of things they've done with their votes (relative to where known scum votes were etc) that decrease the chance of them being scum. For Awaclus, there's nothing that would be at all inconsistent with regular scum play.

That's probably because I'm not scum so I didn't know who to vote for to make my votes look less scummy.

That's not how my analysis works. The other three have all had votes on wagons with other scums where I don't think a scum would vote so close to their buddies without giving it a second thought. You, on the other hand, have not voted for a known scum, nor been voted for by a known scum, nor even been on the same wagon as a known scum for the entire game. I think that makes it marginally more likely that the other scums didn't want to join a wagon on you, or with you already voting on it, and the behaviour of possible teammates isn't something things your typical Awaclusian meta has any control over.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 28, 2018, 09:09:12 am »

Space makes a good point. Unvote

Hey, my post there did also include the fact that I'm happy enough with a Cuzz lynch. We have an acting IC in Robz, so I'm happy for him to dictate... I'm just getting restless waiting for him to say what he wants to do so I thought I'd throw my own thoughts into the game. My vote analysis is only part of the overall picture, and it's easy to miss human stuff when all I'm reading is the raw votes.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #578 on: May 28, 2018, 10:01:21 am »

That's not how my analysis works. The other three have all had votes on wagons with other scums where I don't think a scum would vote so close to their buddies without giving it a second thought. You, on the other hand, have not voted for a known scum, nor been voted for by a known scum, nor even been on the same wagon as a known scum for the entire game. I think that makes it marginally more likely that the other scums didn't want to join a wagon on you, or with you already voting on it, and the behaviour of possible teammates isn't something things your typical Awaclusian meta has any control over.

As far as voting close to buddies is concerned, I have never paid any attention to that as any alignment because I don't think it's a valid reason to think that someone is scum. Also, it's worth noting that I haven't been on a lynch wagon this whole game, because I didn't have a reason to think Raptor was scum and all the other lynches got through while I wasn't sure if it was fine for me to end the day already. That in and of itself makes it a lot less likely for scum to vote with me.

This is a team game, so of course any scum play is always a team effort, and I like to discuss bussing decisions with the entire team to make sure everyone is on the same page when the day begins, so it is not true that I don't have any "control over" the behavior of possible teammates. It isn't plausible that either my teammates or I would decide to do something unpredictable that everyone didn't agree with, unless it turned out to be necessary because of some unexpected town shenanigans.

The rest of your post is just an argument from WIFOM.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 28, 2018, 10:18:57 am »

Sorry, weekend caught up to me and I didn't get around to posting or rereading. My gut preferred lynch right now is Cuzz, with a secondary on Awaclus. Still need to actually look back at D1 interactions and really decide from there
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #580 on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:32 am »

On the non-claiming front, I'd be happy with a Cuzz lynch, but I think Awaclus has a less townie voting history that any of the other names currently in the lynchpool (which I think is PPS, e, Cuzz and Awaclus). For e, Cuzz and PPS, there are at least a couple of things they've done with their votes (relative to where known scum votes were etc) that decrease the chance of them being scum. For Awaclus, there's nothing that would be at all inconsistent with regular scum play.

That's probably because I'm not scum so I didn't know who to vote for to make my votes look less scummy.

By this logic e, Cuzz, and PPS must be scum.

That's not how it works. You could also not know who to vote for to make your votes look less scummy and still vote that way by coincidence.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 28, 2018, 10:32:25 am »

I (somewhat) agree with awaclus in that I don't think voting history is the most useful tool we have this game. Results driven lynches on D2/D3 are just as easy to stay off/get on wagon for scum. D1 is the best wagon we have to look at this game, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 28, 2018, 10:34:58 am »

Well Cuzz’ position D1 struck me as particularly scummy. So much so I voted him then. Everyone but Robz and Cuzz has shown strong willingness to vote him today.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 28, 2018, 10:39:17 am »

Also to note: just under 48 hours until the deadline.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 28, 2018, 11:47:59 am »

Hey guys, sorry to disappear! Holiday weekend and all. I'm catching up now.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 28, 2018, 12:01:25 pm »

Well Cuzz’ position D1 struck me as particularly scummy. So much so I voted him then. Everyone but Robz and Cuzz has shown strong willingness to vote him today.

Oh, I have a strong willingness to vote for Cuzz.

E's high level of activity here is successfully decreasing my scum read on him. I'm not convinced he shouldn't shoot, by the way. I think it's possible we want him to shoot, like, Awaclus or PPS, assuming we lynch Cuzz here.

I find Awaclus's lack of activity and terrible voting pattern suspicious, but for me scum!Awaclus is pretty much indistiguishable from town!Awaclus. Meanwhile I'm cognizant of the fact that it seems like I'm the only one who finds PPS suspicious...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 28, 2018, 01:29:40 pm »

Okay, here's the deal.

After much debate, we are revealing the following: Space obtained one of the abilities listed in the "Work for the Library" slot. Space has some interesting information to reveal based on that, but we gave chose to save it for tomorrow, since it's impossible for both of us to die tonight.

It's also possible neither of us dies tonight. To that end, DatSwan, you should generate some kind of random number thing, in which you are protecting me 75% of the time, and Space 25% of the time.

E, I want you to shoot PPS tonight.

I should note, in case all of this backfires horribly and I somehow die tonight, I am not 100% convinced Space is actually town, and in fact, this plan going south would sort of be evidence for Space being scum.

Vote: Cuzz

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 28, 2018, 01:50:27 pm »

I would put Cuzz to L-1 right now, but I'd like to see e's confirmation that he's willing to go along with Robz's plan before we see a hammer.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 28, 2018, 02:14:21 pm »

Good idea.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 28, 2018, 04:28:08 pm »

Can’t say I am thrilled with definitely dying tonight. But if you guys think it brings us to the win with more certainty so be it. I only ask to get the Cuzz hammer as my consolation prize.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 28, 2018, 04:37:04 pm »

For the record the only reason I relented on my space suspicion is because Robz seemed sold on them being town. Now he’s saying he is not so sure and I am really uncomfortable with directing the vig onto me. That said, Robz seems to think the outcome will signal space’s alignment. If they do turn out to be scum here is my official told you so you sorry bastards who plotted my death instead.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 28, 2018, 04:59:36 pm »

Can’t say I am thrilled with definitely dying tonight. But if you guys think it brings us to the win with more certainty so be it. I only ask to get the Cuzz hammer as my consolation prize.

Why are you definitely dying tonight if you think I’m scum?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 28, 2018, 05:00:30 pm »

Why are you definitely dying tonight if you think I’m scum?

vote: pps

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 28, 2018, 05:01:24 pm »

While thinking through the told you sos... remember Robz could be scum. Today we kill Cuzz and the tonight me and Awaclus die. Space is now “suspicious” and so is e. Mislynch one and NK the other FTW. Not bad for offing your partners for permacred. Just need to get rid of that one guy isn’t fully sold and might spoil the fun at the last minute. I think he is the cop but he could be scum too. I think if he is scum his plan went into full effect when our watcher/tracker flipped.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 28, 2018, 05:03:28 pm »

Cuzz, if you were paying attention at all you’d see I’m basically able to see anyone but myself as scum. Why are you voting me when my death is already sealed? You are correct that if you are scum I survive which may be why you are trying to get a lynch on anyone but yourself. Never mind the fact that everyone is ok with lynching you so why am I the one you think is scum out of everyone?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 28, 2018, 05:06:10 pm »

Cuzz, if you were paying attention at all you’d see I’m basically able to see anyone but myself as scum. Why are you voting me when my death is already sealed? You are correct that if you are scum I survive which may be why you are trying to get a lynch on anyone but yourself. Never mind the fact that everyone is ok with lynching you so why am I the one you think is scum out of everyone?

Because I’m getting lynched here anyway and I don’t really care what happens.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 28, 2018, 05:17:46 pm »

Because I’m getting lynched here anyway and I don’t really care what happens.

If you don’t care then admit you are scum and forfeit. My fate is cooked in and I am still trying to leave some ideas for town to find the scum. Your answer is non sequitur. I can only guess that means you know I am not scum and thus cannot properly form a reason for thinking I am.

If I were in your position as town I’d be trying to either make a solid case elsewhere or at least getting a real understanding of how my mislynch would further town’s wincon. Apathy is damnable.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 28, 2018, 05:26:45 pm »

I really don't understand the plan.  I mean, I can definitely shoot tonight if everyone agrees, but town's power is its vote (unless you have magic PR abilities like Robz), and if I successfully shoot PPS and scum successfully kills, then we have just lost a day.

I mean, if we get results that find the last scum, awesome, but I don't know why it helps to have the extra kill.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 28, 2018, 05:48:26 pm »

While thinking through the told you sos... remember Robz could be scum. Today we kill Cuzz and the tonight me and Awaclus die. Space is now “suspicious” and so is e. Mislynch one and NK the other FTW. Not bad for offing your partners for permacred. Just need to get rid of that one guy isn’t fully sold and might spoil the fun at the last minute. I think he is the cop but he could be scum too. I think if he is scum his plan went into full effect when our watcher/tracker flipped.

FWIW--and this is something you should consider for future games, if you are indeed town here--my scum read on you is almost solely based on you continuing to raise the ridiculous possibility that I could be scum here, which is something you would need to do in order to win if you are indeed scum.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 28, 2018, 05:50:25 pm »

FWIW--and this is something you should consider for future games, if you are indeed town here--my scum read on you is almost solely based on you continuing to raise the ridiculous possibility that I could be scum here, which is something you would need to do in order to win if you are indeed scum.

Oh I missed this somehow. Yeah the suspicion on Robz is insane and pps is real scummy for this.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.