Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28  All

Author Topic: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (TOWN WINS!)  (Read 78628 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 116: The Magicians Mafia (Day 5)
« Reply #625 on: May 31, 2018, 02:18:40 pm »

I proced robz. I rolled a one sided due to come to that decision lol
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 31, 2018, 02:27:35 pm »

Hmm. I was hoping you had protected Space, which would give me greater confidence Space is not scum!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 31, 2018, 03:27:22 pm »

Okay, here's the deal with Space: I instructed Space to lie and say they were a PR, when in fact, they are a VT (or a scum!PR I suppose).

My plan was to draw the night kill away from DatSwan, since I do believe DatSwan is a town Doctor, and was thus likely to die. I thought scum might shoot Space instead, if we suggested Space was a JK or an investigator, which would be nice because it would take care of my nagging suspicion that Space might be scum. Best case scenario would have been scum avoiding the Doc-JK possibilities going on with DS, Space, and me, and shoot E or Awaclus (whichever of the two was not scum).

No one dying could mean someone shot me and failed because of the Doctoring. This seems weird to me. It seems weird for scum to shoot me, when I was likely to be protected and Space was potentially a threat.

I'm quite concerned that no one dying means E is scum and saved his vig shot for tonight. I am also concerned Space decided to no-kill because Space thought if they killed DatSwan after everything I had done to draw the nightkill to Space, then I would be very suspicious of Space.

DatSwan being lying scum is possible but seems very unlikely to me. Scum DS should have shot Space last night.

I hate myself for not re-thinking the Cuzz lynch, he was seeming so townie by the end. No apologies for the vig shot against PPS.

We can still win this but I need help from whomever is actually town here.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 31, 2018, 03:30:45 pm »

It's important to note that the Space-lies-about-having-a-PR plan was mine, and Space resisted it for a while before coming around.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 31, 2018, 04:58:51 pm »

we need to know space draft order and selection at this point. there is no benefit in holding back.
real good. That’s how

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 31, 2018, 05:10:37 pm »

we need to know space draft order and selection at this point. there is no benefit in holding back.

Space's story: had position 8, went for 2-Shot Alignment Cop, did not get it, obviously.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 31, 2018, 05:11:15 pm »

Probably I have to re-read for old fashioned wagon analysis. I'll try to work that into my schedule...

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 31, 2018, 05:11:51 pm »

If Awaclus did something useful for a change, that would be real great, since there's a very real chance he's not scum.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #633 on: May 31, 2018, 05:42:38 pm »

If Awaclus did something useful for a change, that would be real great, since there's a very real chance he's not scum.

Well, I did look at the setup earlier and conclude that I'm not an IC by virtue of being the last remaining VT. Turns out I wasn't even the last remaining VT anyway. That's the most useful thing I could think of.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #634 on: May 31, 2018, 05:42:51 pm »

I think it's e btw.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 31, 2018, 05:45:19 pm »

I think it's e btw.

Can you tell me why you think it's E?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #636 on: May 31, 2018, 05:58:35 pm »

Because last night's events didn't do anything to convince me that e is town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 31, 2018, 06:10:14 pm »

Okay, but did they do anything to raise your suspicion of Space, given what I've just revealed?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 31, 2018, 06:32:04 pm »

Space's story: had position 8, went for 2-Shot Alignment Cop, did not get it, obviously.

if this is a lie in any way you need to correct it like right the fuck now.
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 31, 2018, 06:42:58 pm »

I like the plan from Robz.

I don't know that it changes my lynch pool for the day. Space/Awaclus is where I am looking at today.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 31, 2018, 06:44:42 pm »

Okay, here's the deal with Space: I instructed Space to lie and say they were a PR, when in fact, they are a VT (or a scum!PR I suppose).

My plan was to draw the night kill away from DatSwan, since I do believe DatSwan is a town Doctor, and was thus likely to die. I thought scum might shoot Space instead, if we suggested Space was a JK or an investigator, which would be nice because it would take care of my nagging suspicion that Space might be scum. Best case scenario would have been scum avoiding the Doc-JK possibilities going on with DS, Space, and me, and shoot E or Awaclus (whichever of the two was not scum).

No one dying could mean someone shot me and failed because of the Doctoring. This seems weird to me. It seems weird for scum to shoot me, when I was likely to be protected and Space was potentially a threat.

I'm quite concerned that no one dying means E is scum and saved his vig shot for tonight. I am also concerned Space decided to no-kill because Space thought if they killed DatSwan after everything I had done to draw the nightkill to Space, then I would be very suspicious of Space.

DatSwan being lying scum is possible but seems very unlikely to me. Scum DS should have shot Space last night.

I hate myself for not re-thinking the Cuzz lynch, he was seeming so townie by the end. No apologies for the vig shot against PPS.

We can still win this but I need help from whomever is actually town here.

lol you know what's crazy is I actually have one of my notes from last night that is like "maybe they are trying to draw a kill".
OK more serious note - we have the remaining players in the game:

Swan - Doctor
Robz - 2 Shot Cop
E! - "0" Shot Vig
Space - VT (draft choices?)
Awaclus - VT (12, went MD)

Here is what I do not seem to understand. Skum got to pick last night who to shoot, and as they know I have to be the Doctor they absolutely should of picked me. By not picking me they (assuming all roles are accurate) they.... thought I would doctor Space? That just doesn't make any frikin sense.

more coming...
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 31, 2018, 06:48:31 pm »

Robz's report about my role and bid are 100% accurate.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 31, 2018, 06:53:16 pm »

we absolutely must lynch E! today.
The fact that we have all the flips we have, combined with no CC, combined with PPS claim, all suggests that E! is the Vig.

So either...
It is a Town!E Vig that shot PPS last night and skum is dumb enough to try and shoot Robz. In which case Space is prob skum. Or Robz - but honestly I have kind of "glhf-well played" removed that option from the table at this point.
or
It is Skum!E Vig that said he would kill PPS like a good boy and then didn't burn his shot. Why? because obv he did his job why would we lynch him? Except for the fact that if he is skum... its the easy lay up when he shoots me and Space tonight (or I guess me and Awaclus) because I will obv doctor Robz again... and he bring it to final day because there was no second bullet ever fired to this point.

Because of the absolute fact that no one knows if E! has actually shot yet or not - E! needs to be lynched today. If you are town, then I am sorry, but it is just the best plan.
We lynch a Town!E and then Skum gets one kill (probably me) and we wake up tomorrow 2-1 with one more chance.
We lynch a Skum!E and we win.
We lynch someone else and E! is skum and has a shot left to use.... E! wins the fucking game because it is 1v1.

E! has to die, there is just literally no discussion to be had on it.

If he flips town then fuck idk... i guess either tactic lynch Space or policy lynch Robz.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 31, 2018, 06:53:49 pm »

Robz's report about my role and bid are 100% accurate.

thank you. I now stand 100% by my just posted as opposed to the 99% before the confirmation.
real good. That’s how

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #644 on: May 31, 2018, 06:56:49 pm »

Okay, but did they do anything to raise your suspicion of Space, given what I've just revealed?

A little, yeah. But the main thing is that this is how I would definitely expect the night to work out if e was scum, whereas I don't think it's obvious that it would go like this if it was Space.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 31, 2018, 07:03:44 pm »

Sorry I was so quiet at the end of last day and opening of this day... I was saying stuff over in the QT, but mainly in-thread I didn't want to say things that might out Robz's plan. I was saying in the neighbourhood that absorbing the NK would be great because I wouldn't have to deal with explaining why lying to town had been a good idea.

I was a bit worried that Robz would reveal that we'd lied, and then turn on me having talked me into lying, and force town to take me out as a liar. If PPS and Swan had died last night, I think he could have persuaded e and Awaclus to lynch liar!me for a victory. The fact Swan protected Robz means there's no chance that Robz is scum who'd tried to take someone else out in order to get to that situation, so I really ought to stop considering possibilities for Robz lying now.

What scum has motivation not to kill Swan, though? Maybe e if he actually NKd PPS and is saving his vig shot for a chance at a double-kill victory tonight. Or Swan as a scum himself, though I do think that scum's play up till that point had seemed like they were playing around a possible protective role, so having the main protective role on their team seems less likely. I don't think Awaclus has any reason to leave Swan alive other than wifom. Same goes for me, really.. I know Robz has a worry that I could be scum who decided not to kill Swan because of worry that he'll turn on me, but why would him being dead make me any more suspicious than e or Awaclus? (Robz, the stuff I was reminding you of in the neighbourhood about how important it was to seem like you were dictating targets and stuff was a very genuine attempt on my part to help absorb the NK!).

PPE 3
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 31, 2018, 07:13:19 pm »

we absolutely must lynch E! today.
The fact that we have all the flips we have, combined with no CC, combined with PPS claim, all suggests that E! is the Vig.

So either...
It is a Town!E Vig that shot PPS last night and skum is dumb enough to try and shoot Robz. In which case Space is prob skum. Or Robz - but honestly I have kind of "glhf-well played" removed that option from the table at this point.
or
It is Skum!E Vig that said he would kill PPS like a good boy and then didn't burn his shot. Why? because obv he did his job why would we lynch him? Except for the fact that if he is skum... its the easy lay up when he shoots me and Space tonight (or I guess me and Awaclus) because I will obv doctor Robz again... and he bring it to final day because there was no second bullet ever fired to this point.

Because of the absolute fact that no one knows if E! has actually shot yet or not - E! needs to be lynched today. If you are town, then I am sorry, but it is just the best plan.
We lynch a Town!E and then Skum gets one kill (probably me) and we wake up tomorrow 2-1 with one more chance.
We lynch a Skum!E and we win.
We lynch someone else and E! is skum and has a shot left to use.... E! wins the fucking game because it is 1v1.

E! has to die, there is just literally no discussion to be had on it.

If he flips town then fuck idk... i guess either tactic lynch Space or policy lynch Robz.

I agree with everything about the e-lynch necessity, and I also think there's a reasonably chance he's likely to be the scum.

If he does flp town, though, we absolutely definitely need to keep Awaclus in the lynch pool! I'm way more suspicious of him than Robz at this point, and I posted a list of reasons for suspicion on each of the four of them (Cuzz, PPS, e and Awaclus) in the neighbourhood even before I said anything in-thread about voting patterns and stuff.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 31, 2018, 07:23:03 pm »

kay cool good enough for this guy

Vote: E!
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 31, 2018, 08:34:43 pm »

I see walls of text then cool let's lynch e. I still need to reread the posts, but I don't know that I agree with the conclusion
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 31, 2018, 08:35:32 pm »

I agree I'm more inclined to lynch E here, simply because I definitely get another shot tomorrow if I'm wrong.

I think E not burning his shot IS most likely explanation for what happened.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 19 queries.