Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Vantage Point: An improved Scout  (Read 1904 times)

O

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
Vantage Point: An improved Scout
« on: February 27, 2012, 02:35:49 pm »

So there was some discussion on the worst-cards list, and the placement of Scout in the worst 4$ list made me want to come up with an improved version of scout that isn't just tacking on an extra card. Excuse the poor naming, I wanted something remotely keeping with the theme, and lookout is taken...

4$
Vantage Point

Reveal the next 4 cards in your deck. Put any revealed Victory cards into your hand. Return them to your deck in the order of your choice.

+2 Cards
--------
In most games, I think it plays similarly to Smithy. One obvious problem that worries me is the deck rearranging principle, which might be too strong as a mega-courtyard (though courtyard does only cost 2$, so this could be ok).

If the rearranging does prove too strong, I also thought of this version.

4$
Vantage Point
------

+2 Cards

Reveal the next 4 cards in your deck. Put any revealed Victory or Curse cards into your hand.

It loses the oracle-esque advantage, but becomes significantly more powerful in cursing games (which I believe doesn't break it; Watchtower, Trader, Lighthouse and Moat also become especially more powerful in cursing games..)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:53:40 pm by O »

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Vantage Point: An improved Scout
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

Mmmm. I'd probably just try to include the secret chamber/vault ability somehow. Probably this means making it cost $5 or dropping to like 3 cards instead of 4. But I'd like to keep it non-terminal, which unfortunately might just make it too strong...

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »

Mmmm. I'd probably just try to include the secret chamber/vault ability somehow. Probably this means making it cost $5 or dropping to like 3 cards instead of 4. But I'd like to keep it non-terminal, which unfortunately might just make it too strong...

Nonterminal makes me want to try to make it work in an Engine deck, when in reality the concept of scout works much better in a BM deck (where getting more +Cards is more important than getting specific cards, which is why Envoy>Smithy in most BM)

I don't really understand what you mean by including secret chamber/vault ability, unless you mean that Scout kinda-sorta-but-not-really- combos with those cards (though I've never tried doubletact-secret chamber-scout.. it doesn't sound reliable).

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16:51 pm »

Reveal the next 4 cards in your deck. Put any revealed Victory or Curse cards into your deck.

I assume you mean hand?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:53:20 pm »

Reveal the next 4 cards in your deck. Put any revealed Victory or Curse cards into your deck.

I assume you mean hand?

Doh. Fix't
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.532 seconds with 20 queries.