Dominion > Puzzles and Challenges

Win with an all-blue deck

<< < (3/3)

Turtlegods:
Compared to Ghacob's solution, I feel like these are cheating--but they work!

Variant 1 & 3 can be solved in the same fashion:
Tower, Alms, Watchtower, Trader, the rest of the kingdom is arbitrary.
Use Watchtower/Trader to trash the entire deck and then empty any three reaction piles for 30 points.
I wanted to do something with Keep but I don't think I can with only two landmark/events and no ability to play coppers or have coppers in the deck at the end of the game...

Variant 2 (technically a solution to 1 & 3 as well):

Needed cards: Watchtower, Caravan Guard, Trader, Salt the Earth. 
Play coppers to gain 1 Watchtower, 4 Caravan Guards, and 1 Trader. Trash deck (except Hovel) and proceed to trash all Colonies through Salt the Earth. It's a 7 card golden deck and therefore immune to shuffle luck.
Variant: use alms instead of copper to gain necessary components.

jonaskoelker:

--- Quote from: Turtlegods on May 15, 2018, 05:13:02 pm ---Compared to Ghacob's solution, I feel like these are cheating--but they work!
[...]
Variant 2 (technically a solution to 1 & 3 as well):

--- End quote ---
The Colonies don't count towards your score at the end of the game (they're not in your deck nor on your mats), hence it is not a solution to variant 2. Apologies if I have not been clear about the criteria.

--- Quote from: Turtlegods on May 15, 2018, 05:13:02 pm ---I wanted to do something with Keep but I don't think I can with only two landmark/events and no ability to play coppers or have coppers in the deck at the end of the game...

--- End quote ---

Keep, Alms, Fool's Gold seems like it accomplishes something, though probably it just accomplishes a tie (your FGs vs. their Copper)

majiponi:
Does this work?

Kingdom: Fool's Gold, Caravan Guard, Market Square, Tunnel, Watchtower, Cemetery, Mint
Events: Alms, Expedition

Alms for Watchtower
Alms for 3 Cemeteries, revealing Watchtower to trash
Alms for 10 Fool's Golds, 8 Market Squares
Expedition to earn $11
buy 7 Colonies
Expedition to draw everything
play 8 Market Squares, 10 Fool's Golds
buy Mint to gain it, revealing Watchtower to trash
buy Colony
buy 7 Expeditions

Everything is in hand proper (not in my deck). Hovel is in deck. Replace Colony to Tunnel for variant 1.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version