Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21  All

Author Topic: M114: Wheel of Time II - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 69203 times)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M114: Wheel of Time II - Day 1
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2018, 01:10:25 pm »

i would dearly like mcmc to explain why he thought me and ww wasn't tvt when he has the opportunity
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2018, 02:44:03 pm »

I guess it's worth pointing out that theorel pseudotownslipped, or fake-pseudotownslipped, as the mentality of "scum => knowing non teammate is town" assumes a bipartite game. So if that were genuine he would not be an SK, and less likely Mafia as Mafia tends to be aware of SK.
Agree. This is enough for me not wanting to lynch theorel today
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2018, 02:44:38 pm »

I guess it's worth pointing out that theorel pseudotownslipped, or fake-pseudotownslipped, as the mentality of "scum => knowing non teammate is town" assumes a bipartite game. So if that were genuine he would not be an SK, and less likely Mafia as Mafia tends to be aware of SK.

You already have two claimed SK's what more do you want?
Maybe start taking this game more seriously? The 2 SK claims were obvious jokes

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2018, 02:45:04 pm »

I think I want to Vote: schadd right now

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2018, 02:48:49 pm »

I'm so serious I only voted once and I'm so serious I'm sticking to it because I am dead damned serious and y'all best not be having any fun because D1 is effing serious business and we are going to solve the scum team right here, right now and lynch them all and win the game before D2 even starts serious.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2018, 04:41:49 pm »

I'm so serious I only voted once and I'm so serious I'm sticking to it because I am dead damned serious and y'all best not be having any fun because D1 is effing serious business and we are going to solve the scum team right here, right now and lynch them all and win the game before D2 even starts serious.
if this is a criticism idk what you're getting at
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2018, 05:57:08 pm »

The flipless Werewolf I used to play let us guillotine (lynch) multiple players per day. We killed suspicious people till we were happy, then asked Fate (the mod) to make it night time.. at which point the pattern of kill(s) and injuries (more common that kills) let us guess again at how many baddies were left.

(I'm typing this with a super-serious face on).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2018, 05:59:25 pm »

The "I think I want to" and "right now" portions of that message aren't exactly providing a lot of constructive logic or case beyond the naked vote...
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2018, 06:08:39 pm »

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2018, 06:09:45 pm »

You already have two claimed SK's what more do you want?
Maybe start taking this game more seriously? The 2 SK claims were obvious jokes

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2018, 06:10:19 pm »

<serious cat jpg>

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2018, 06:18:44 pm »

The "I think I want to" and "right now" portions of that message aren't exactly providing a lot of constructive logic or case beyond the naked vote...
I have some logic for it. Enough for a D1 vote anyway

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2018, 06:29:15 pm »

Galzria: Really low on content. Only five game posts, and two of them were quoting schadd's "I agree with you that I am town" statement: once at #78, and then again at #141. The only other thing he's contributed was support for mcmc about not giving town points to Joseph. While I understand other people's frustration with too much being read into Joseph's undirected behaviour, I think Galz was too curt, and almost aggressive sounding in his demand that other people don't ask for mcmc to back up his statement. We want town players to be able to offer watertight arguments.. I'm really not sure where Galz was coming from there.

We don't want players (town or scum) wasting their time going back and providing examples of things that can easily be checked for their accuracy. Mcmc, like all of us, has a limited amount of time to play. I would much rather him contribute alignment indicative content relevant to this game then spend his time pulling up quotes from other games.
I don't think anyone asked him pull quotes.

vote: joseph the people claiming massclaim recently have more often than not been scum.
Fake news? I can only think of iguana in Lost.
Robz in smash bro’s, I’ll get other examples if forced.

Consider yourself forced.
I still see Nothing about quoting. I see me and WW wanting to provide more examples of what he is claiming to be scummy behavior relevant to this game and thus relevant to alignments of players in this game. If he, or you in backing him up, are unable to provide more examples from memory than I would say that this is not nearly as big of a trend as he and you are saying.

The question I want to figure out is how that reflects his alignment. Is he town misremembering or scum pushing a false narrative. My hopes in getting him to speak more about this is to get more info about this specific context but also provide more info about himself. And your deflection for him is preventing that

Vote: galz
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2018, 08:03:14 pm »

I feel like this is important enough for me to understand that I should ask what the heel you are talking about?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2018, 08:05:44 pm »

Galzria: Really low on content. Only five game posts, and two of them were quoting schadd's "I agree with you that I am town" statement: once at #78, and then again at #141. The only other thing he's contributed was support for mcmc about not giving town points to Joseph. While I understand other people's frustration with too much being read into Joseph's undirected behaviour, I think Galz was too curt, and almost aggressive sounding in his demand that other people don't ask for mcmc to back up his statement. We want town players to be able to offer watertight arguments.. I'm really not sure where Galz was coming from there.

We don't want players (town or scum) wasting their time going back and providing examples of things that can easily be checked for their accuracy. Mcmc, like all of us, has a limited amount of time to play. I would much rather him contribute alignment indicative content relevant to this game then spend his time pulling up quotes from other games.
I don't think anyone asked him pull quotes.

vote: joseph the people claiming massclaim recently have more often than not been scum.
Fake news? I can only think of iguana in Lost.
Robz in smash bro’s, I’ll get other examples if forced.

Consider yourself forced.
I still see Nothing about quoting. I see me and WW wanting to provide more examples of what he is claiming to be scummy behavior relevant to this game and thus relevant to alignments of players in this game. If he, or you in backing him up, are unable to provide more examples from memory than I would say that this is not nearly as big of a trend as he and you are saying.

The question I want to figure out is how that reflects his alignment. Is he town misremembering or scum pushing a false narrative. My hopes in getting him to speak more about this is to get more info about this specific context but also provide more info about himself. And your deflection for him is preventing that

Vote: galz

Or, you know, you can stop being lazy and look it up yourself if you care that much. Especially as you're the one claiming Mcmc's claim is Fake News. Try harder. Sad.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2018, 08:07:31 pm »

Fuck that.

I am asking him for memories. I am not going to go do work that you just said was useless. I have no memories of what mcmc's stating.

You are being a piece of work. Let mcmc answer for himself.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2018, 08:08:17 pm »

And screw you for calling me lazy. What makes you think that is an acceptable thing to call me?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2018, 08:14:31 pm »

Fuck that.

I am asking him for memories. I am not going to go do work that you just said was useless. I have no memories of what mcmc's stating.

Nobody is talking about memories. We're talking about recorded games. Mcmc is welcome to answer, but it's a waste of time for him to pull examples from games that are a) recent, and b) available for anybody to read.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2018, 08:17:56 pm »

Fuck that.

Nobody is talking about memories. We're talking about recorded games. Mcmc is welcome to answer, but it's a waste of time for him to pull examples from games that are a) recent, and b) available for anybody to read.
I am talking about memories!

ME! This entire fucking time. I have never asked him to pull examples and quote from games. I asked him for more examples. If he can't remember any specifically then I have a feeling that there aren't as many as he thinks there is. You are a journalist right?

And I agree it is a waste of time for him to pull examples. So why would it not be a waste of time for me? Is his time more precious than mine? He made the statement that implicated someone else as scummy. If he wants to convince me, which was his goal, he has to do the work (again, giving examples that he can think of). Not me. He gave one. Which is obviously biasing his memory.

But whatever. After this post I am letting this point drop and just going to try and get people to lynch you or him.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2018, 08:18:51 pm »

vote: galz

Hey Robz vote: galz

space, you sometimes listen to me, what you think about vote: galz?

schadd? Go vote: galz

WW - come vote: galz with me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2018, 08:25:40 pm »

Fuck that.

I am talking about memories!

ME! This entire fucking time. I have never asked him to pull examples and quote from games. I asked him for more examples. If he can't remember any specifically then I have a feeling that there aren't as many as he thinks there is. You are a journalist right?

And I agree it is a waste of time for him to pull examples. So why would it not be a waste of time for me? Is his time more precious than mine? He made the statement that implicated someone else as scummy. If he wants to convince me, which was his goal, he has to do the work (again, giving examples that he can think of). Not me. He gave one. Which is obviously biasing his memory.

But whatever. After this post I am letting this point drop and just going to try and get people to lynch you or him.

He literally said "I'll get other examples of forced", to which WW responded "Consider yourself forced".

All I've claimed is that it was (is) a waste of time. You even agree:

"And I agree it is a waste of time for him to pull examples."

I don't think his time is more valuable than yours. But you claimed his assertion to be Fake News. The records are there for anyone to check if they desire - what I suggest is that prior to attempting to discredit him you actually do the research. Or not. But then you shouldn't be attempting to discredit him.

Mafia Record:

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2018, 08:38:33 pm »

Yeah, but are TWM and I the only two not to know what actions mcmc is talking about? I live in a world where it's totally normal not to buy into someone's claims when they don't cite their sources.

Let's be clear, It's also fair for mcmc not to invest time up-front re-remembering what games he's talking about immediately if he's not sure those pointers are necessary. Now that some of his audience here have indicated that actually, we're not aware of what he's referring to, it's a bit different, though. If the point he was making earlier was weak or unimportant to begin with, maybe he's happy to let it slide. However, if he wants to have people put weight in his argument, or take it as a good justification for his game stance, then he's probably going to have to throw in a couple more pointers.

Honestly, I'm coming at this from what feels like a really utilitarian angle: balance mcm spending ~5 minutes recalling a handful of games he played/followed in the right sort of timeframe, and then throwing out one or two more examples of vaguely where it happened (say, D1 of MXXX, or somewhere right at the opening if MYYY), against some small number of people (at least two) opening a game we may never have read, taking time to understand the setup, roles, searching through all the flips to find out who was what faction, and then reading D1 and maybe D2 to look for things mcmc might have perceived as the relevant sort of behaviour. I think the time sunk is at least an order of magnitude different for the same goal.

PPE fourish.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2018, 08:45:31 pm »

I don't give a flying fuck. mcmc wanted to convince me and other players of something. He failed to do so. That is on him. Not me. If he doesn't want to convince me, fine. I'll stay that way.

Nor was it a reason for me voting for him.

Galz have you talked about anything actually worth while today?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2018, 08:47:36 pm »

I don't give a flying fuck. mcmc wanted to convince me and other players of something. He failed to do so. That is on him. Not me. If he doesn't want to convince me, fine. I'll stay that way.

Nor was it a reason for me voting for him.

Galz have you talked about anything actually worth while today?

Have you?

Mafia Record:

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2018, 08:49:57 pm »

Hey Robz vote: galz

space, you sometimes listen to me, what you think about vote: galz?

schadd? Go vote: galz

WW - come vote: galz with me.

It's all a bit charged just now, isn't it? Your main argument against Galz feels to me like it's just that he's coming over as a bit arrogant on mcmc's behalf for expecting us to take what mcmc says as gospel without digging into it. To me it comes across as "establishment" not enjoying one of their own being questioned by less-cultured upstarts ;-) I don't think scum!Galz would be making a good play here by going this all-out against your (my?) stance, nor by getting all het up about someone pushing a partner, so right now I feel it's unlikely to be very alignment-indicative.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21  All

Page created in 1.802 seconds with 20 queries.