Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21  All

Author Topic: M114: Wheel of Time II - Game Over! Town Wins!  (Read 69144 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: M114: Wheel of Time II - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2018, 08:29:23 pm »

Yeah, I can do a thing on theorel. It's all really based on his initial posts and how he never did anything to change my read.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2018, 09:24:55 pm »

Galzria: Really low on content. Only five game posts, and two of them were quoting schadd's "I agree with you that I am town" statement: once at #78, and then again at #141. The only other thing he's contributed was support for mcmc about not giving town points to Joseph. While I understand other people's frustration with too much being read into Joseph's undirected behaviour, I think Galz was too curt, and almost aggressive sounding in his demand that other people don't ask for mcmc to back up his statement. We want town players to be able to offer watertight arguments.. I'm really not sure where Galz was coming from there.

We don't want players (town or scum) wasting their time going back and providing examples of things that can easily be checked for their accuracy. Mcmc, like all of us, has a limited amount of time to play. I would much rather him contribute alignment indicative content relevant to this game then spend his time pulling up quotes from other games.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2018, 10:35:09 pm »

Busy. Sorry. Back fully on Friday.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2018, 10:36:48 pm »

Galzria: Really low on content. Only five game posts, and two of them were quoting schadd's "I agree with you that I am town" statement: once at #78, and then again at #141. The only other thing he's contributed was support for mcmc about not giving town points to Joseph. While I understand other people's frustration with too much being read into Joseph's undirected behaviour, I think Galz was too curt, and almost aggressive sounding in his demand that other people don't ask for mcmc to back up his statement. We want town players to be able to offer watertight arguments.. I'm really not sure where Galz was coming from there.

We don't want players (town or scum) wasting their time going back and providing examples of things that can easily be checked for their accuracy. Mcmc, like all of us, has a limited amount of time to play. I would much rather him contribute alignment indicative content relevant to this game then spend his time pulling up quotes from other games.
I don't think anyone asked him pull quotes.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2018, 10:39:43 pm »

I don't think anyone asked him pull quotes.

vote: joseph the people claiming massclaim recently have more often than not been scum.
Fake news? I can only think of iguana in Lost.
Robz in smash bro’s, I’ll get other examples if forced.

Consider yourself forced.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2018, 10:41:01 pm »

I agree with Mcmc, and I support his assertion without request for more evidence. He's correct. If you want more evidence, I suggest you look it up yourself.

Mafia Record:

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2018, 11:09:43 pm »

Awaclus has been prodded.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2018, 12:25:17 am »

I'm following the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2018, 12:40:48 am »

I'm following the game.

If you wanted to follow, you should've spectated.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2018, 12:44:26 am »

Fairly certain this was just a mis understanding. I doubt space was suggesting people should be wasting time delving up NAI content.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2018, 01:10:06 am »

I'm following the game.

If you wanted to follow, you should've spectated.

I mean I'm participating in the game.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2018, 05:59:42 am »

Ok here and ready to wrastle!

WW vs Schadd - fairly obv town v town imo opinion. Essentially argued over cemantics for the majority of the back and forth. Only thing that stands out would be the conclusion of it, but even then I’m leaning town over both of them.

Joseph - Claim thing always make me suspicious early game.

Mcmc - lots of “skum has been getting away with this recently” type of posts. Referencing like that i guess could be from town trying to create a foundation to present for a read, or could be skum creating an easy opposition to the matter.

Galz - recent post about WW quote seems like a reach (considering it’s a quote). Kind of NAI but he hasn’t said much so that’s what i got.

Theroel - i actually town read his initial town cred towards Joseph. I think skum probably stayed out of that mix.

Robz and Awaclus - not around

PPS - Theroel tunnel seems forced. However given low content, a lot has seemed forced from people so far.

Space/TWM -seems standard early game for both at this point.

Gonna go with vote:Joseph
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2018, 06:18:32 am »

Forced? D1 sucks. I found the one thing that actually looked scummy and voted it. It’s how I roll on D1.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2018, 08:19:59 am »

We should remember scum has daychat
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2018, 08:39:57 am »

vote: witherweaver

You have chosen... Poorly.

Vote: WW

All other interactions between WW & Schadd aside, this subtly suggests to me WW knows Schadd to be town - as I feel like the "choosing" of a vote is more an act of a townie who is trying to discover scum, whereas say, the "placing" of a vote is something scum does.

I guess it's a small thing, and I get WW was making a reference - but the way it was worded feels off to me.
I disagree with your argument, but I get the "feels off" part.  I think maybe because "Chosen poorly" is an implied "I'm town" claim combined with the proposal that schadd is town and making a mistake, rather than scum making an intentional push on town.  (which leads to the same conclusion, i.e. witherweaver is casting schadd as town here).

All that said, this seems like a classic "town says something weird and gets heat for it" situation.  It's why I thought he would be a good wagon, because it might draw scum out either supporting his lynch or simply voting for him.  But then schadd and witherweaver's argument became dominant, so I don't think my vote actually had much impact there, but it still seems to have drawn out mcmc, who certainly reads scummy for how he weighed in on it.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2018, 08:41:04 am »

All other interactions between WW & Schadd aside, this subtly suggests to me WW knows Schadd to be town - as I feel like the "choosing" of a vote is more an act of a townie who is trying to discover scum, whereas say, the "placing" of a vote is something scum does.

I guess it's a small thing, and I get WW was making a reference - but the way it was worded feels off to me.
I disagree with your argument, but I get the "feels off" part.  I think maybe because "Chosen poorly" is an implied "I'm town" claim combined with the proposal that schadd is town and making a mistake, rather than scum making an intentional push on town.  (which leads to the same conclusion, i.e. witherweaver is casting schadd as town here).

All that said, this seems like a classic "town says something weird and gets heat for it" situation.  It's why I thought he would be a good wagon, because it might draw scum out either supporting his lynch or simply voting for him.  But then schadd and witherweaver's argument became dominant, so I don't think my vote actually had much impact there, but it still seems to have drawn out mcmc, who certainly reads scummy for how he weighed in on it.
(it being the argument, not my vote)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2018, 09:21:35 am »

Ew.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2018, 09:22:32 am »

People responding to things in Mafia is helpful.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2018, 09:23:22 am »

Less has happened in my absence than I'd have liked

We were just waiting for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2018, 09:27:31 am »

It was me telling Schadd that I'm town.

Man, you guys really stretch things around here.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2018, 10:49:19 am »

That's kind of the point.  There's a general view (which I don't really subscribe to) that scum is more likely to tell people they're town.  Also, telling schadd that you're town implies that you know that he's not scum (as otherwise he'd already know).  This all adds up to a bunch of nothing (IMO) which can be made to sound scummy, which was my point.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2018, 11:53:52 am »

That's kind of the point.  There's a general view (which I don't really subscribe to) that scum is more likely to tell people they're town.  Also, telling schadd that you're town implies that you know that he's not scum (as otherwise he'd already know).  This all adds up to a bunch of nothing (IMO) which can be made to sound scummy, which was my point.

Well, that implication does not really work. I'd argue it does not even suggest.

But yeah I guess I was reacting to your "I get the 'feels off' part .." instead of the bulk of your post, which actually disagrees with Galz.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2018, 11:56:15 am »

I guess it's worth pointing out that theorel pseudotownslipped, or fake-pseudotownslipped, as the mentality of "scum => knowing non teammate is town" assumes a bipartite game. So if that were genuine he would not be an SK, and less likely Mafia as Mafia tends to be aware of SK.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2018, 12:19:45 pm »

I guess it's worth pointing out that theorel pseudotownslipped, or fake-pseudotownslipped, as the mentality of "scum => knowing non teammate is town" assumes a bipartite game. So if that were genuine he would not be an SK, and less likely Mafia as Mafia tends to be aware of SK.

You already have two claimed SK's what more do you want?

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2018, 01:09:20 pm »

bipartite
you can feel free to eat my shorts
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21  All

Page created in 2.483 seconds with 21 queries.