Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 195268 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 4)
« Reply #1550 on: March 14, 2018, 08:14:15 pm »

Its LyLo, guy-who-calls-people-an-idiot.

If we mislynch we lose. There is no lynch me tomorrow.

What part of lynching mcmc means we play again tomorrow are you not following? My whole point was scum should kill me tonight but then I thought maybe they won't since they know I can't shoot tonight and getting rid of somelike yourself would be the smarter play which sets me up for a mislynch tomorrow because "why would scum let a known cop live".

Or kill me and we'll end the game and see who the scum team is with mod confirmed certainty as they gloat over our demise.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: March 15, 2018, 03:24:20 am »

Faust, what do you think of Robz? Be clear and thorough if possible thanks
I think he's scum. A big part of that is PoE, but there's also the fact that he's genuinely scummy.

The main thing there is his activity level. He lurked along D1-D3, and now (when it matters most to scum and he has to prevent his lynch), he's suddenly active and participating. If you compare to town!Robz in Gilmore Girls, his lurky attitude didn't really change in later days and if anything I would expect town!Robz to be more disspirited here.

Looking at voting history, you can see that Robz spends a good deal of time voting for PPS D1, only to pivot onto town right at the end. That's a simple bussing strategy. He's pushing DatSwan early on D2, which in turn helped scum set up the LaLight mislynch the day after. D3, instead of making the PPS lynch happen, or join in on LaLight (which would be seen as too scummy), he spends his time voting for his other scumpartner, Cuzz, for some distancing, but doesn't even try to convince anyone.

Caveat: This is without rereading.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: March 15, 2018, 03:26:28 am »

Also, he opened this Day pushing for a lynch of me and mcmc, who is likely town, so it really looks like he's trying to lock down the game.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: March 15, 2018, 08:37:24 am »

What happened to Ghacob? They were reading this. I called them out. They made one catching up post, then nothing.

Ghacob?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: March 15, 2018, 10:46:06 am »

Faust, what do you think of Robz? Be clear and thorough if possible thanks
I think he's scum. A big part of that is PoE, but there's also the fact that he's genuinely scummy.

The main thing there is his activity level. He lurked along D1-D3, and now (when it matters most to scum and he has to prevent his lynch), he's suddenly active and participating. If you compare to town!Robz in Gilmore Girls, his lurky attitude didn't really change in later days and if anything I would expect town!Robz to be more disspirited here.

Looking at voting history, you can see that Robz spends a good deal of time voting for PPS D1, only to pivot onto town right at the end. That's a simple bussing strategy. He's pushing DatSwan early on D2, which in turn helped scum set up the LaLight mislynch the day after. D3, instead of making the PPS lynch happen, or join in on LaLight (which would be seen as too scummy), he spends his time voting for his other scumpartner, Cuzz, for some distancing, but doesn't even try to convince anyone.

Caveat: This is without rereading.

That’s a nice neat narrative—the kind of narrative scum!Robz works hard to avoid.

The reason I was lurks and dispirited earlier rather than now is that when there’s a huge number of players and possible suspects, I struggle. Now there’s just a few people left and it’s easier to figure things out. I don’t accept that town is going to lose this at all.

Still half way thru my re read fyi.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 15, 2018, 01:06:23 pm »

All I know is that regardless of the outcome,  anyone's alignment,  which side wins, or anything anyone does, it's all gonna be Robz's fault.

And definitely not my fault  :D ;) 8)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 15, 2018, 01:11:35 pm »

I need more people to do more things before deadline. I feel like scum is just gonna wait until I vote and see if I get it right, so they know whether they have to do a quick bus for towncred or whether they just win.

So I absolutely will not be the first to cast a vote or even share more reads. I've seen tony and scummy things from everyone.  So, you know, bravo scum and boo town. Butnky reads are definitely not settled. Maybe you should try to convince me.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 15, 2018, 01:31:04 pm »

iguana, is there any thing I can do? I mean, I have a result and I'm voting it. Obviously mcmc can't not vote me. I can reread ad nauseum but if we kill mcmc today the reads with another night flip will be way better.

This leaves you, robz, cuzz, faust, ghacob, two of which are scum. I see why you are pushing blame for success or failure onto Robz if you, like me, think he is probtown. The thing is, i order for us to lynch mcmc we are probably going to need 100% town consensus which includes you. To kill me we just need 1 town vote.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 15, 2018, 01:52:33 pm »

Still making my way through my re read, but we should absolutely lynch Faust, who is scum, and save this question for another day. Faust is obv scum. He is “look I know I’m getting lynched, whether I still win this game depends on other stuff” scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 15, 2018, 01:57:53 pm »

That’s a nice neat narrative—the kind of narrative scum!Robz works hard to avoid.
Yeah right of course you can't be scum because you always play amazing as scum...

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: March 15, 2018, 02:25:09 pm »

faust, can you estimate your level of certainty that I am scum?

faust, still waiting on this, thanks

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 15, 2018, 03:07:08 pm »

iguana, is there any thing I can do? I mean, I have a result and I'm voting it. Obviously mcmc can't not vote me. I can reread ad nauseum but if we kill mcmc today the reads with another night flip will be way better.

This leaves you, robz, cuzz, faust, ghacob, two of which are scum. I see why you are pushing blame for success or failure onto Robz if you, like me, think he is probtown. The thing is, i order for us to lynch mcmc we are probably going to need 100% town consensus which includes you. To kill me we just need 1 town vote.

Now that you "know" McMc is scum, it should be easy to prove how scummy he's been. Can you do that?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 15, 2018, 03:20:42 pm »

Now that you "know" McMc is scum, it should be easy to prove how scummy he's been. Can you do that?

In my opinion I already did, conclusively. Making a case when I have result seems overly redundant. If the assumption is I am scum faking a result does it not seem smarter to have made a case and claimed something else? I will say that the LL flip put me onto him but of course the pool of possibilities had shrunk drastically by that point. But to answer the question I certainly can do that. The question is whether or not it is productive to do so in light of having a mod confirmed result on him?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 15, 2018, 03:32:56 pm »

90-93%

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 15, 2018, 04:14:06 pm »

90-93%

Hey, thanks. That's also about what I thought. It's also pretty damn high for someone whose alignment you are purporting not to know. Now let's look at faust's recent writeup of his re-read of me:

But, since you asked nicely, let's take a look at Cuzz. Picking Cuzz because that's really the weakest read here.

*snip*

I mean it all fits well. Admittedly I haven't tried very hard to see if Cuzz could be town, but there are no red flags that make my scumteam proposal impossible.

People who are not faust look at this and tell me whether this looks like it comes from someone who doesn't *know* my alignment, but is then is somehow also "90-93%" certain that I am scum, or whether instead it comes from someone who chose me as townie they were going to pretend to scumread.

To me, this looks simultaneously way too lazy and way too confident to constitute genuine scumhunting.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 15, 2018, 04:15:19 pm »

Still making my way through my re read, but we should absolutely lynch Faust, who is scum, and save this question for another day. Faust is obv scum. He is “look I know I’m getting lynched, whether I still win this game depends on other stuff” scum.

I agree with all of this.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: March 15, 2018, 04:18:13 pm »

sp teproc and pps had an interesting back and forth when pps claimed result and teproc asked very specifically if it was a reads thing or a pr thing. Not sure partners do that.

Well Ghacob is town, so.

how are you willing to entertain the possibility of scum!iguana and not the possibility of scum!ghacob?

Robz, I also wanna see your answer to this, unless i missed it somewhere

also bumping this

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 15, 2018, 04:20:29 pm »

Cuzz, who do you think faust is partners with?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 15, 2018, 04:26:20 pm »

ghacob hiding out for most of the day today is starting to worry me, as though they're confident enough that we're headed down the wrong path that they can stay back and wait for us to screw ourselves. this makes me slightly terrified that I might be wrong about faust, as he seems to be the closest thing to a consensus that we have right now

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 15, 2018, 04:27:21 pm »

Who do you think faust is partners with?

You and either cuzz or ghacob. I mean maybe iguana and Robz but that seems unrealistic. But definitely you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 15, 2018, 04:27:29 pm »

Can someone please start explaining the joke to Cuzz? Etiquette prevents me from doing so.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 15, 2018, 04:34:26 pm »

Cuzz, who do you think faust is partners with?

pps would be my top guess. i had thought pps and Robz was most likely, but now am not sure based on the way Robz is pushing for us to lynch faust. ghacob is also seeming scummier and scummier, so i'd say faust/pps/ghacob > faust/pps/Robz > faust/ghacob/mcmc >>> faust/pps/mcmc

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 15, 2018, 04:37:58 pm »

Can someone please start explaining the joke to Cuzz? Etiquette prevents me from doing so.

if you are town can you seriously cut this shit out? how the fuck is this remotely pro-town?

either faust is scum or he's given up and we lose anyway. in either case I'm about ready to vote

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: March 15, 2018, 04:49:59 pm »

In my opinion I already did, conclusively. Making a case when I have result seems overly redundant. If the assumption is I am scum faking a result does it not seem smarter to have made a case and claimed something else? I will say that the LL flip put me onto him but of course the pool of possibilities had shrunk drastically by that point. But to answer the question I certainly can do that. The question is whether or not it is productive to do so in light of having a mod confirmed result on him?

I think you are scummier than him so yeah it would be productive to convince me he is scummier than you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 15, 2018, 04:51:07 pm »

if you are town can you seriously cut this shit out? how the fuck is this remotely pro-town?

either faust is scum or he's given up and we lose anyway. in either case I'm about ready to vote

For Faust?  Seriously?  What about PPS vs. McMc?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 73  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.