Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 192961 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 4)
« Reply #1350 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:21 pm »

I think it’s faust and cuzz... and someone.

What about your brother?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 13, 2018, 07:44:14 pm »

Robz I will do just about anything to get you to get your head in the game. We can actually win but we really need you.

Yeah, I will, I'll have more time very very soon, promise.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 13, 2018, 07:44:46 pm »

What about your brother?

I'm not sure. Very on the fence.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 1)
« Reply #1353 on: March 13, 2018, 08:07:23 pm »

There is almost always scum among the lurkiest people in the game so I’m looking at Clemens, LL and I guess ii (again) at this point.
There is also almost always scum among the most active people in the game so this argument is bad. Basically activity level is very rarely indicative of alignment.

The argument is not bad. Lurking is scummy and objectively anti-town. It is possible for scum to be active, but harder, and active scum can be more easily caught later in the game. Lurking scum just continue to lurk because everyone in this community swings hard towards the “don’t lynch lurkers ever because activity is not indicative of alignment” side of things. People cherish their special reads and BS “scumslips” and vote for active players instead. Then half the active players get lynched, the other half get NKd, and before long it’s D3 and all the lurkers are still around and no one has anything they’ve said to go off of.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for lynching lurkers. You just made it sound like lurking people are per se more likely scum, which I don't think is true. I also don't think it is harder for scum to be active than for town.

Which lurker would you lynch today?

I do think it actually is harder to be active as scum, at least in my experience. I am dreading my first scum game after my recent mafia hiatus because I get paralyzed with the fear of drawing attention to myself.

The language in this post is like iguana-level authentic town sounding. Not saying you can't write those words as scum, just saying it sounds really legit.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 13, 2018, 08:08:51 pm »

Then again, his activity level did drop a lot. Cuzz, can you address that? How do we know that you haven't been afraid of drawing attention to yourself?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 13, 2018, 08:12:42 pm »

Would lynch today: SirClemens, LL, Datswan, Robz, pps, maybe Space
Would not lynch today: mcmc, TWM, ii, Galz, faust, Teproc

Cuzz is, like, not partners with Robz. So if he's scum, the only possible partner on his would lynch list here is PPS.

Do you really list all your partners as "would not lynch" on your first reads list? Ofc he could be partners with PPS still.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 13, 2018, 08:14:46 pm »

Should we have a soft deadline reasonably soonish? Saturday is really tough and likely we will not have a lot of people around right at deadline (I probably won't be).

I'd be willing to lynch pps, Clemens, LaLight, DatSwan and Space roughly in order of preference. Robz, too, but that doesn't seem as popular at the moment. My earlier town-ish reads on TWM and faust are also beginning to evaporate, but there are many better choices for today. I still lean town on Galz and want no part of that wagon. Mcmc is obvtown, Teproc and iguana probtown.

Look at all those towns! And then PPS on top. Does scum do that D1, even if PPS is their partner?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 2)
« Reply #1357 on: March 13, 2018, 08:24:01 pm »

Thing 1 is the most super lame reason to be suspicious of someone ever. I demand you recant or I won't take the rest of your case seriously and will not read it further.

It's okay, I wasn't expecting to persuade you to vote for yourself anyway, so it's only really important for other people to read my thoughts :-P
Cool.

Let's get this out of the way. I am a PR and targeted Cuzz last night as breadcrumbed. Make out of that what you will.

Cool, and you’ll now be confirming me as town for everyone, or what? Except you already voted for me today so maybe explain what the hell you’re talking about
I'll full claim when PPs and iguana do. But my vote on you is reasonable given my knowledge.

I cannot fathom what you possibly could think you’ve discovered although I can fathom why you might tease a fake result on someone with a somewhat substantial D1 wagon, and then withhold a claim until you’ve outed two PRs.

Vote: TWM

This is more how a VT reacts than how a mafia goon who didn't kill reacts to TWM softclaiming that he jailed Cuzz.

Cuzz did get jailed btw folks. I think a lot of the scum teams that exist with him on it would have had him perform the kill. Low profile AF.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 13, 2018, 08:27:38 pm »

Cuzz, I would like you to explain your lack of activity this game as thoroughly as you possibly can.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 13, 2018, 09:39:42 pm »

Am I supposed to claim yet because I am an odd night cop with a scum result that makes this whole thing super easy but continue on if you must.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 13, 2018, 09:42:21 pm »

Am I supposed to claim yet because I am an odd night cop with a scum result that makes this whole thing super easy but continue on if you must.

Yeah dude you're supposed to claim.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:46 pm »

Well I actually did not expect to live but apparently not claiming out my remaining shots yesterday paid off and made TWM more attractive. I figured faust was surely scum and I was preferable to learn something I didn’t think I knew rather than confirm what I think I know. While it is possible Robz and mcmc are partners I think probably not and I’d much rather get a scum result than town so I was so torn on who to target I literally flipped a coin.

Vote: mcmc

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 3)
« Reply #1362 on: March 13, 2018, 10:14:51 pm »

I had a very real reason that I'd still rather wait until it's finished to discuss

Haven't forgotten this.

The order was essentially in ascending order of confidence in what they *ought* to have been claiming, in an attempt to a. give those who had not said (what I thought of as) alignment indicative things as little time as possible to communicate with their partner before claiming something b. to lure my biggest scumread at the time, faust into a false sense of security in regards to how I viewed him, leading to him not thinking as carefully how he claimed. Cuzz was at the bottom with me as *surely*, my perfectly accurate method for deducing whether one was claiming VT or PR (now 1/3 I think?), pinged Cuzz as claiming VT, no doubt about it,
as emphasized in this post:

Yo big apologies for not bein' able to speak near the end of yesterday
My thought words would have been something along the lines of
"The datwsan lynch I'm..fine with, but I fear they may be town. Beyond their own actions, I find it extremely unlikely that, (still under the assumption that every claimed pr is "confirmed" town) there are no scum of [Lalight, Robz, Cuzz]. I think I'd prefer a lalight lynch, but I'm not sure how much I trust [iguana, faust]"
In retrospect, I should have contributed to pushing lalight, if for no other reason than "not 'probably town'"

[wrong things]
I guess that mathematically means I should give you a townread then?

I think I agree with you? Assuming I understand the things you're saying and you're saying what I'd like you to be

vote: PPS

@iguana, thoughts of a massclaim are reasonable, but what say you to faust's response?
in regards to this post:
hey really sorry I got really far behind on this game and am trying to catch up, but I really really do not see why faust is out of the gate immediately voting for two claimed PRs when we've had two mislynches and are in a not so great spot.

I never did get around to my planned full reread of faust but he has generally been rubbing me the wrong for much of the game. town!faust is a slick scumhunter and digs for evidence and builds cases on people and pushes them and I just do not see much of that this game. combined with the above it's time for a vote: faust

PPE: 1 and boy is it a doozy
Gender happened.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 13, 2018, 10:48:59 pm »

Well I actually did not expect to live but apparently not claiming out my remaining shots yesterday paid off and made TWM more attractive. I figured faust was surely scum and I was preferable to learn something I didn’t think I knew rather than confirm what I think I know. While it is possible Robz and mcmc are partners I think probably not and I’d much rather get a scum result than town so I was so torn on who to target I literally flipped a coin.

Wait what you’re claiming a literal scum result on mcmc?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 13, 2018, 11:00:40 pm »

Cuzz, I would like you to explain your lack of activity this game as thoroughly as you possibly can.

Ok so there’s crazy shit going on, but to address this post I really am sorry about being garbagetown this game. Basically I got back into mafia over the summer after a long hiatus, and had forgotten how much fun it was, but at the end of the summer I promised myself I would take another break until the next summer because of how much it tends to suck me in and take over my life (I work in academia and tend to have more free time in the summer; other times not so much). Anyway, I broke that promise for this game and I thought one game wouldn’t hurt, but it was probably a mistake and I’ve been busier irl than I expected. I have never replaced out of a game and didn’t want to start here so I’ve been trying to keep up, but I did get majorly behind the last few days  and haven’t felt informed enough to contribute a ton

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (night 2)
« Reply #1365 on: March 14, 2018, 01:12:07 am »

Vote count 4.1

mcmcsalot (1): pingpongsam

not voting (6): Robz888, faust, mcmcsalot, Ghacob, iguanaiguana, Cuzz

with 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. day 4 ends monday, march 19th at 13:00 forum time.

mod notes
  • deadline extunsion
  • robz and mcmc are VLA this week
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 14, 2018, 04:50:15 am »

Right now I'd say the scumteam is either PPS/mcmc/Robz or swap one of mcmc/Robz with Cuzz.

Do you think a McMc/Robz scumpartner team would look like this?
Haven't seen anything in my mcmc reread that makes me think they are not partners. Robz reread is of course still to be done.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 14, 2018, 04:51:51 am »

ugh, probably faust
I think Faust too.

That does not look good. I thought we agreed that I cannot be scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 14, 2018, 04:54:04 am »

Curious that this isn't a result on me, because that's what I would expect from scum!PPS.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 14, 2018, 04:58:31 am »

It's good to think about claims for a moment here. We have 3 PRs flipped, and 2 claimed. Do you think scum skips the opportunity for a PR fakeclaim here? I think it is unlikely that all scum would claim VT, and part of that is thinking that schadd prefers his games light on PRs.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 14, 2018, 06:18:23 am »

This is a fun result from PPS. I think PPS and Faust are partners. More later.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 14, 2018, 08:05:06 am »

Curious that this isn't a result on me, because that's what I would expect from scum!PPS.

Oh and I’m sure you meant like a town result right?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 14, 2018, 08:15:47 am »

faust is scum, yo

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 14, 2018, 08:18:53 am »

This is a fun result from PPS. I think PPS and Faust are partners. More later.

Don’t be an idiot.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 14, 2018, 08:21:37 am »

It's good to think about claims for a moment here. We have 3 PRs flipped, and 2 claimed. Do you think scum skips the opportunity for a PR fakeclaim here? I think it is unlikely that all scum would claim VT, and part of that is thinking that schadd prefers his games light on PRs.

This quote is so, so strange. Like, there are 7 people left, with 5 claimed VTs. There is no abstract “scum claims PR” anymore. There is explicitly just pps and Ghacob. Are you trying to call one of them scum here? Which one? Are you avoiding saying so to protect your partner(s)? It’s just such a weirdly hypothetical post at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 73  All

Page created in 1.493 seconds with 20 queries.