Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 192948 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 3)
« Reply #1225 on: March 07, 2018, 10:53:42 am »

First of all, I use they/them pronouns, not he/him.
Much apologies, I was unaware, won't forget!

Second of all, thank you for your softclaim of VT.
Show me where you got that because I absolutely have not.

I don't like most of your words but they mostly don't mean anything anyway
discussion of the "massclaim" I'm still waiting for after the completion of
what in the world...most of my words don't mean anything. Care to elaborate, my words about you being scummy or my words about the claims being a bad idea. Because I think I'm pretty clear in my reasoning for both and you could easily try to convince me I'm wrong instead of just not addressing anything and being rolefishy/pushy.

For clarification, my intention was
6. Cuzz
7. Ghacob

and
6. Ghacob
7. Cuzz

were equally acceptable to me
I would ask why but you carefully said you didn't have a real reason in the first place so bleh.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 07, 2018, 11:06:08 am »

We should have a PR/VT massclaim. As much fun as it is making and hearing softclaims all day, I fear they're only helping scum and harm town at this point. I think we'll be earning some very good POE by doing so.
No that's just worse than a full massclaim, and we shouldn't do a full massclaim either.

Faust are you still on board for not doing this. Because the way I see it its still a bad idea for me and you to claim if we are a pr unless as I said a million times someone is a pr and has relevant results. You know like let pr's claim when appropriate and stop worrying about what poe it might give us.
Sure thing. Unfortunately I did not have the energy to fight it with the VLA and all.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 07, 2018, 11:11:49 am »

We should have a PR/VT massclaim. As much fun as it is making and hearing softclaims all day, I fear they're only helping scum and harm town at this point. I think we'll be earning some very good POE by doing so.
No that's just worse than a full massclaim, and we shouldn't do a full massclaim either.

Faust are you still on board for not doing this. Because the way I see it its still a bad idea for me and you to claim if we are a pr unless as I said a million times someone is a pr and has relevant results. You know like let pr's claim when appropriate and stop worrying about what poe it might give us.
Sure thing. Unfortunately I did not have the energy to fight it with the VLA and all.

Awesome, now that that silly endeavor is over. People can get back to scum hunting.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 07, 2018, 12:02:55 pm »

For clarification, my intention was
6. Cuzz
7. Ghacob

and
6. Ghacob
7. Cuzz

were equally acceptable to me
I would ask why but you carefully said you didn't have a real reason in the first place so bleh.
I had a very real reason that I'd still rather wait until it's finished to discuss

what in the world...most of my words don't mean anything. Care to elaborate, my words about you being scummy or my words about the claims being a bad idea. Because I think I'm pretty clear in my reasoning for both and you could easily try to convince me I'm wrong instead of just not addressing anything and being rolefishy/pushy.
You said so many things of little substance that I was convinced that your goal was to annoy me and provoke a response over anything else.

Moreover I am still not sure why on just ghacob's request we have begun massclaiming in an order he didn't even put himself on it.

Robz - VT
Lalight - VT
guana - VT
Mcmc - not claimed
Faust - not claimed
Ghacob - not claimed

TWM - targetable pr
PPS - cop
Galz - even night watcher
Space - one shot cop

Iguana's claim lets scum know for sure he isn't a pr which sucks, it ruins what iguana tried to do and like I said before we got nothing from it. Iguana I think is likely town but I thought that before the claim. If me Faust or Ghacob claim a pr what in the world does that really do for POE. I hate that we have done this for the record.
misinterpreting my post, admonishing me for not putting myself and cuzz on the list, proceeds to not put cuzz on your list

Ghacob has 13 posts. Why is he being townread by others?
Using post count to start a scumread is...innefective. Post count isn't alignment indicative in general and forms a poor argument, but especially a. for me, because I have a tendency to make long posts like this one over 10 smaller posts b. because you isolated me from Teproc as if in an attempt to make my post count feel even smaller to start off with

I think the only thing I know at this point is that Ghacob is town.
WHhy?
Making a point to question both people who read me as town, pretending(?) to not know an obvious reason to think I'm towny

Okay so its really just robz and twm claiming ghacob as super town which is actually nice because I think it is highly unlikely Ghacob, TWM, and Robz could possibly be the scum team and they are all people I find relative levels of scummy.
You find it a...good sign? that you know at least one of your scumreads is wrong?
At that, claiming to find TWM in "relative levels of scummy", despite the other half of your "argument" against me, being that I'm voting against a claimed cop

Claiming that this doesn't help with POE, despite that being a thing that it does by definition of having an odd number of scum and an equally distributed town between the two binary options.

Overall, despite posting many words, I find nearly all of your many posts forming an argument against me insubstansive, feel they are designed more to annoy then to present a reasoned argument, and they even go so far as to make your arguments on other subjects weaker

Congrats, I went off on you a bit, does this make you happy?
Gender happened.

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 07, 2018, 12:04:36 pm »

And before you ask, the obvious reason to read me as town is that no scum would play this poorly  ;D
Gender happened.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 07, 2018, 12:10:10 pm »

I think Ghacob's decision to go ahead and organize a massclaim would be pretty bold for scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 07, 2018, 12:15:48 pm »

Awesome, now that that silly endeavor is over. People can get back to scum hunting.

I don't want to talk too much more about who is town or scum today because we will prolly lynch LL and then someone will prolly die and then we will know more and have better reads to find the other scums.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 07, 2018, 12:19:14 pm »

Ghacob good defense but McMc was certainly not trying to just annoy you, that is overstating things.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 07, 2018, 12:24:36 pm »

I think Ghacob's decision to go ahead and organize a massclaim would be pretty bold for scum.

Why we massclaim like every game now. You literally opened your last scum game with the post are we going to massclaim now or have a long discussion about massclaiming and then do it anyway. It's not that bold.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 07, 2018, 01:03:34 pm »

If I were scum right now, I'd still be decently confused about the best person to shoot, depending I guess on who else is scum. That makes me feel good and like we should lynch LL right now and go to night phase.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 07, 2018, 01:15:34 pm »

You said so many things of little substance that I was convinced that your goal was to annoy me and provoke a response over anything else.
Not at all true, zero of my intention was to annoy I just broke down your posts and realized you were scummy. I don't like that you are continuing to just claim my post is unsubstantive. Your introductory reads list was scummy because of how much you didn't take ownership of any of your reads(datswan/faust/me) and then you gave null statements on robz/lalight/cuzz. Very weak for having all the information in the game thus far to analyze and scummy because it allows you to basically not commit on any read. Today you have done nothing but flip your pps/faust read and push a massclaim. Literally nothing else, no analysis, no reads.

Moreover I am still not sure why on just ghacob's request we have begun massclaiming in an order he didn't even put himself on it.

Robz - VT
Lalight - VT
guana - VT
Mcmc - not claimed
Faust - not claimed
Ghacob - not claimed

TWM - targetable pr
PPS - cop
Galz - even night watcher
Space - one shot cop

Iguana's claim lets scum know for sure he isn't a pr which sucks, it ruins what iguana tried to do and like I said before we got nothing from it. Iguana I think is likely town but I thought that before the claim. If me Faust or Ghacob claim a pr what in the world does that really do for POE. I hate that we have done this for the record.
misinterpreting my post, admonishing me for not putting myself and cuzz on the list, proceeds to not put cuzz on your list
I'm confused what you mean here. What am I misinterpreting? I'm merely stating what your push for claims has caused which is outing iguana as not a pr and if played out more it outs the rest of the players while allowing scum to fake claim safely. Also leaving yourself and cuzz off the list is scummy in the fact that I can't see the town reason for leaving yourself and cuzz off the list. Also who's trying to annoy now, the fact that you think its an issue that I left cuzz off my theoretical argument for who could safely fake claim is pure semantics, my point was clear that the person claiming at the end was safe to fake claim pending vt claims from the people above them.

Ghacob has 13 posts. Why is he being townread by others?
Using post count to start a scumread is...innefective. Post count isn't alignment indicative in general and forms a poor argument, but especially a. for me, because I have a tendency to make long posts like this one over 10 smaller posts b. because you isolated me from Teproc as if in an attempt to make my post count feel even smaller to start off with
Never once did I say I scum read you because you had 13 posts. I was curious how people had strong townreads because I felt you had produced very little content and proceded to do a full reread of you. I then formed the scumread as I read the posts and yes part of the case is you have given very little reads/analysis in your posts the fact that its contained to 13 posts has no bearing on my case. I could have removed the numbers but you chosing this to refute as though I began my case due to a low post count and specifically tried to make you look worse by separating your number from teproc is scummy. In my full post count I made just afterward I did include teproc in your numbers.

WHhy?
Making a point to question both people who read me as town, pretending(?) to not know an obvious reason to think I'm towny
This followed up by this:
And before you ask, the obvious reason to read me as town is that no scum would play this poorly  ;D
Is actually super scummy. This scum wouldn't play this poorly argument is a complete reversal of the rest of your argument that my case is not substantive and that you think I'm more trying to provoke you then make a case. Now all the sudden you think you are playing poorly what happened. Feels like you are double dipping in your type of defense here. My case is meaningless and you are so scummy you must be town wow.

Okay so its really just robz and twm claiming ghacob as super town which is actually nice because I think it is highly unlikely Ghacob, TWM, and Robz could possibly be the scum team and they are all people I find relative levels of scummy.
You find it a...good sign? that you know at least one of your scumreads is wrong?
At that, claiming to find TWM in "relative levels of scummy", despite the other half of your "argument" against me, being that I'm voting against a claimed cop
I specifically find it good that I don't think its possible all three of you are scum because if two of you flip scum I can stop worrying about the other. I don't get what the second thing you are saying here means. The word despite insinuated that there a reason me thinking your voting for a claimed cop is scummy and my finding twm a relative level of scummy can't both be true and I don't see it. Oh because twm is a claimed pr I get it, yea I don't think voting for a claimed cop and fiding a claimed unkown pr a relative level of scummy are similar at all.

Claiming that this doesn't help with POE, despite that being a thing that it does by definition of having an odd number of scum and an equally distributed town between the two binary options.

Overall, despite posting many words, I find nearly all of your many posts forming an argument against me insubstansive, feel they are designed more to annoy then to present a reasoned argument, and they even go so far as to make your arguments on other subjects weaker

Congrats, I went off on you a bit, does this make you happy?
Just to reiterate I did not mean to offend or annoy you at all. Lastly and I don't think its super relevant because if you are town we just disagree but  POE really hinges on the ability to eliminate someone, not just put them in groups. The only way a pr/vt claim helps eliminate people is if we can trust the claims confidently and we are in a closed setup. It's not like town is guaranteed to have 5 pr's so once we are in pr/vt pools, scum can still exist in either pool.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 07, 2018, 01:16:39 pm »

Ghacob good defense but McMc was certainly not trying to just annoy you, that is overstating things.
Read my post taking the defense apart, I need to reread the teproc part of ghacob but I am quite confident in them being scum. We should probably still lynch lalight though.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 07, 2018, 01:20:57 pm »

Is actually super scummy. This scum wouldn't play this poorly argument is a complete reversal of the rest of your argument that my case is not substantive and that you think I'm more trying to provoke you then make a case. Now all the sudden you think you are playing poorly what happened. Feels like you are double dipping in your type of defense here. My case is meaningless and you are so scummy you must be town wow.

I sorta feel this point but at the same time I sorta remember Ghacob from before and I think that might be like their classic meta to be self-deprecatory and self-defensive at the same time?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 07, 2018, 01:21:22 pm »

Quote fail fixed:

I sorta feel this point but at the same time I sorta remember Ghacob from before and I think that might be like their classic meta to be self-deprecatory and self-defensive at the same time?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 07, 2018, 01:22:16 pm »

Oh noes a quote flail!
Quote fail fixed fixed:

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 07, 2018, 01:37:36 pm »

ghacob is pretty likely town for meta reasons (I really don't think scum!Teproc forgets/pretends to forget about the start of the game and then replaces out later on) so mcmc trying to drive up suspicion on them is starting to seem scummy

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 07, 2018, 01:57:12 pm »

ghacob is pretty likely town for meta reasons (I really don't think scum!Teproc forgets/pretends to forget about the start of the game and then replaces out later on) so mcmc trying to drive up suspicion on them is starting to seem scummy

So I just read ghacobs posts in a few games, two scum two town. I don't see anything that screams they are town here, I think they play pretty similar as scum and town if anything town!ghacob makes more cases on people and scum!ghacab lurks more. Though I don't think its super relvant here.

Also teproc's literal last post was the one he made in this game two weeks irl ago. I don't think teproc dissapearing is a good reason to assume hes town. Also teproc wouldn't know he was mafia until until game started so forgetting about is not alignment indicative. I would love for  someone to do some work and convince me I'm wrong but this lazy nah they are probably town because meta is super frustrating.

What are your current reads? You have had very little posts recently. (8 between my postcounts)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 07, 2018, 01:57:38 pm »

Meh!

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 07, 2018, 02:28:06 pm »

yeah as pointed out, ghacob uses they/them and i'd like everyone to identify them properly.

something maybe a bit overdue, i put my pronoun in my signature and i'd encourage everyone to do the same. mafiascum has a default note as to what your pronoun is under your avatar which is handy and i think ought to be universal
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 07, 2018, 04:04:05 pm »

If I were scum right now, I'd still be decently confused about the best person to shoot, depending I guess on who else is scum. That makes me feel good and like we should lynch LL right now and go to night phase.
Do you think that will cure your confusion?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: March 07, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »

I'll be back in full swing tomorrow. Expect great things.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 07, 2018, 04:08:49 pm »

Do you think that will cure your confusion?

Nah I just mean maybe we could end the day before we tell scum exactly who to shoot.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 07, 2018, 04:09:39 pm »

I'll be back in full swing tomorrow. Expect great things.

But nvm on that front since Faust is gonna set us up with great things.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 07, 2018, 07:20:31 pm »

WHhy?
Reasons
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 07, 2018, 07:30:37 pm »

WHhy?
Reasons
I will preemptively say, so as to not raise your ire, is that at the moment I do not find it particularly useful to go into this and have a big back and forth (you and are likely to do this because of personalities) and distract from who we should actually be lynching.

If you vote for Ghacob (don't do this just to get this to happen) and a wagon starts I will argue against it then. For now I am more interested in getting LaLight lynched.

I have looked at your arguments and taken them into consideration and they have tempered, if ever so slightly, my read on Ghacob. But I think your read on him is highly biased on not liking him organizing the mass claim at my encouragement. Just because you and faust say something shouldn't be done doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. You have opinions, not word of law. Robz, LaLight and iguana accepted and followed Ghacob's suggestions. If anything they are more to blame, even though blame isn't the right word, for following his suggestions. If, in fact they were bad, those players had every responsibility, if town, to not follow them.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 73  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.