Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 192314 times)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 1)
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2018, 08:16:09 am »

Yay. Really good wagons going for some decent reasons.

Guess it is time to totally derail with a lurker vote when a prod could do the same thing just as nicely.

Prod: sir Clemens

Vote: cuzz
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2018, 08:29:29 am »

Yay. Really good wagons going for some decent reasons.

Guess it is time to totally derail with a lurker vote when a prod could do the same thing just as nicely.

Prod: sir Clemens

Vote: cuzz

Yep total derailing because we’re real close to deadline and everything. /s

Also I’m not sure what these “really good wagons” are of which you speak, as I’ve already mentioned that I don’t really get any of them. I do not feel obligated to vote from among the people who happen to have 2 or more votes if they are not my top scumreads when we’re 80 hours from the deadline.

You like prods, I like votes. As I also already mentioned, I thought that the SirClemens quicksheeping of faust’s on DatSwan was scummy considering it’s roughly the only thing he has done in the whole game.

There is almost always scum among the lurkiest people in the game so I’m looking at Clemens, LL and I guess ii (again) at this point.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2018, 08:49:51 am »

There is almost always scum among the lurkiest people in the game so I’m looking at Clemens, LL and I guess ii (again) at this point.
There is also almost always scum among the most active people in the game so this argument is bad. Basically activity level is very rarely indicative of alignment.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2018, 08:54:42 am »

I accept iguana as town, and don't think he should claim more.

The scummiest of the "oh iguana must be town" quick reactions.
That is actually a good point. I think I can vote:Galzria

I don't think it was particularly scummy. It was identical to my reaction.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2018, 08:58:27 am »

There is also almost always scum among the most active people in the game so this argument is bad. Basically activity level is very rarely indicative of alignment.

The argument is not bad. Lurking is scummy and objectively anti-town. It is possible for scum to be active, but harder, and active scum can be more easily caught later in the game. Lurking scum just continue to lurk because everyone in this community swings hard towards the “don’t lynch lurkers ever because activity is not indicative of alignment” side of things. People cherish their special reads and BS “scumslips” and vote for active players instead. Then half the active players get lynched, the other half get NKd, and before long it’s D3 and all the lurkers are still around and no one has anything they’ve said to go off of.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2018, 09:01:56 am »

DatSwan -- Don't like how much he seems to be antagonizing faust, but he seems townie in hoe carelessly he's posting. I say carelessly because using language like "not to be a horrible person but.." is generally a sign of needing to spend a little longer working on tone and empathy and questioning your own motives and stuff.

So leaving aside the part about how we have played several games together to this point so like... how do you not get that I just "type as I talk". That hasn't changed. But actually interesting - why would you have any opinion on my specifically antagonizing faust? I mean or anyone I guess - personally I think antagonizing good players is an excellent for of beating the bush.
Also interestingly you put Cuzz in this reads list and stated you did not like how he was being antagonizing. Why do I get a direction and Cuzz doesn't? Not really thinking too much into it just pointing it out... because I mean it isn't that much to go on. Let's say on a skum scale of 1-10 where:
1 = not including yourself on a reads list
and
10 = flipping skum

.... its like a...3.4?

I just don't think that aggression should have a place in a game like this. ATE gets criticised when people use it to elicit pity. I think it should be equally criticised when it appears in the more "macho" antagonistic sense. Plus, there's no ban on being pathetic, but we have all pledged to be civil :-)

As for the rest.. you're commenting in particular on the fact that I mentioned that you were antagonizing faust, but didn't narrow down a list of whom Cuzz was directing his behaviour towards. It's possible I'm just biased towards faust because I've met him in person, and he couldn't be nicer IRL.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2018, 09:03:34 am »

I am confused by the amount of people posting at 4am. Also I have come around to agree that iguana's statement is slightly more likely to be made by town and that cuzz's reaction has been the scummiest.

Lalight want to elaborate on your robz read I didn't get weird vibes from him at all.

Also datswan is town, I think he unnecessarily attacks galz and gets miffed more often as town.

What???? How come??? Why me town all sudden?
 Why Cuzz the scummiest huh?????????????

Just FYI this is me rereading and doing what you're about to ask me to do later.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2018, 09:05:08 am »

I'm close enough to IC now that I'm gunna lurk and silently judge yall for a while.

Wanna actually be IC use your town cred to engage people and create even more discussions while accruing reads based on said discussions then if we get into a lul in game state you can slam some of those reads on us with a vote/case. you know pro-town things not just pro-iguana things.

I'll do my best! Super limited resources. See above tho.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2018, 09:07:21 am »

People cherish their special reads and BS “scumslips” and vote for active players instead.

Are you sceptical that scumslips exist, or just frustrated that active players who make lots of posts are more likely to say something that someone can twist as a scumslip, whether or not that reading on their words is valid? If the former, there really are some good historical examples that can be cited in-thread...

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2018, 09:12:13 am »

Townie (in no particular order):
Mcmc
LaLight
SirClemens
Iguana

Scummy:
DatSwan
Cuzz
TWM

Neutral:
Faust
Robz

No read:
Everybody else (Space, Teproc, PPS)

Wotwotwot? StillFeelThisWay?? ?? ?? (McMac AsKed MeTo)

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 14, 2018, 09:14:04 am »

As for the rest.. you're commenting in particular on the fact that I mentioned that you were antagonizing faust, but didn't narrow down a list of whom Cuzz was directing his behaviour towards. It's possible I'm just biased towards faust because I've met him in person, and he couldn't be nicer IRL.

I am also very nice IRL, I promise! There’s just something about this basically being “Arguing on the Internet: The Game” that brings out a kind of combative side of me.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 14, 2018, 09:15:55 am »

People cherish their special reads and BS “scumslips” and vote for active players instead.

Are you sceptical that scumslips exist, or just frustrated that active players who make lots of posts are more likely to say something that someone can twist as a scumslip, whether or not that reading on their words is valid? If the former, there really are some good historical examples that can be cited in-thread...

Both kinda. I get that they have happened but I’ve honestly never been in a game with a real one, and have had many many more instances of being accused of committing one when I was town (even by other town)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (signups)
« Reply #287 on: February 14, 2018, 09:20:12 am »

. john wayne gacy jr. will not be the name of any roles

This line from the setup means no possibility of Serial Killer In This Game

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 14, 2018, 09:35:37 am »

As a final conclusion, In hereby do declare everything PPS has said to be null and void and have no comment on it other than to say I certainly do not appreciate his scumslip searching long division method as an approach to D1.

Vote: Lalight

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 14, 2018, 09:41:37 am »

The argument is not bad. Lurking is scummy and objectively anti-town. It is possible for scum to be active, but harder, and active scum can be more easily caught later in the game. Lurking scum just continue to lurk because everyone in this community swings hard towards the “don’t lynch lurkers ever because activity is not indicative of alignment” side of things. People cherish their special reads and BS “scumslips” and vote for active players instead. Then half the active players get lynched, the other half get NKd, and before long it’s D3 and all the lurkers are still around and no one has anything they’ve said to go off of.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for lynching lurkers. You just made it sound like lurking people are per se more likely scum, which I don't think is true. I also don't think it is harder for scum to be active than for town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 14, 2018, 09:42:59 am »

I accept iguana as town, and don't think he should claim more.

The scummiest of the "oh iguana must be town" quick reactions.
That is actually a good point. I think I can vote:Galzria

I don't think it was particularly scummy. It was identical to my reaction.
Well maybe yours is scummy too!

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 14, 2018, 10:56:03 am »

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for lynching lurkers. You just made it sound like lurking people are per se more likely scum, which I don't think is true. I also don't think it is harder for scum to be active than for town.

Which lurker would you lynch today?

I do think it actually is harder to be active as scum, at least in my experience. I am dreading my first scum game after my recent mafia hiatus because I get paralyzed with the fear of drawing attention to myself.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 14, 2018, 11:00:51 am »

Which lurker would you lynch today?

I do think it actually is harder to be active as scum, at least in my experience. I am dreading my first scum game after my recent mafia hiatus because I get paralyzed with the fear of drawing attention to myself.
I don't know. Clemens? Maybe PPS. Who else is lurking? You put LaLight there... he actually has been non-present so far, but I'm good at reading him and would rather not lynch him yet.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 14, 2018, 11:54:02 am »

faust is always good for a pps lynch.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 14, 2018, 12:28:01 pm »

I am confused by the amount of people posting at 4am. Also I have come around to agree that iguana's statement is slightly more likely to be made by town and that cuzz's reaction has been the scummiest.

Lalight want to elaborate on your robz read I didn't get weird vibes from him at all.

Also datswan is town, I think he unnecessarily attacks galz and gets miffed more often as town.

What???? How come??? Why me town all sudden?
 Why Cuzz the scummiest huh?????????????

Just FYI this is me rereading and doing what you're about to ask me to do later.

I decided I was forgetting my golden scum rule which is that scum doesn't do thing unnecessarily to draw attention and even though it was slight I tilt the whole post slughtly townie. At the time looking at the people who reacted I thought cuzz was a little lynch pushy toward you which would indicate a scum motivation but  since then his posts read more townie to me.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 14, 2018, 12:29:33 pm »

I could definitely lynch pps or space.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 14, 2018, 01:09:30 pm »

How could you possibly forget your own golden lynch rule?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 14, 2018, 01:09:54 pm »

I could definitely lynch pps or space.

Why space? Her post here

I've spent most of the last little while making a reads list:

snip

actually gave me a townread just due to the thoroughness and effort put into it. It wasn't just a scummy/townie list that anyone can throw together regardless of alignment, but seems to show actual thought being put into formulating reads with specific examples cited.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2018, 01:12:52 pm »

what is that?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2018, 01:19:24 pm »

what is that?

He is referring to

I decided I was forgetting my golden scum rule which is that scum doesn't do thing unnecessarily to draw attention

And to answer I was blinded by my anger that I would be I would be in a game that was yet again opened with a post about potentially claiming.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 73  All

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 19 queries.